What are your Top-5 rivalry games that you have attended?

1 hour ago, setxathlete14 said:

As expected. Biggest school in the district. They're playing down essentially they should make a deep run in every sport

What a silly take… they are in the correct division based on enrollment set forth by the UIL. How are they  “Essentially playing down”? Several schools in our area on the bigger side of their classifications and still aren’t achieving that much success. (Vidor & Lumberton to name a couple) Orangefield has been really good lately across the board. 

1 hour ago, setxathlete14 said:

26 minutes ago, Football_Fan11 said:

What a silly take… they are in the correct division based on enrollment set forth by the UIL. How are they  “Essentially playing down”? Several schools in our area on the bigger side of their classifications and still aren’t achieving that much success. (Vidor & Lumberton to name a couple) Orangefield has been really good lately across the board. 

I was waiting for that analysis. Vidor and lumberton are also too district champ favorites every year.... As are MOST the other big schools "I" can think of.. i agree orangefield is really good across the board but so is bridge city.

Silly? Maybe? Wrong? Possibly. Just my opinion. Right,wrong or indifferent orangefield is doing what they're supposed to being the biggest school in the district. As is lumberton.

7 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

I was waiting for that analysis. Vidor and lumberton are also too district champ favorites every year.... As are MOST the other big schools "I" can think of.. i agree orangefield is really good across the board but so is bridge city.

Silly? Maybe? Wrong? Possibly. Just my opinion. Right,wrong or indifferent orangefield is doing what they're supposed to being the biggest school in the district. As is lumberton.

What is BC good at men’s sports? 

Lumberton? Great season in football, but nothing else. 

You sound like a guy that is a little bit bitter. I hope things get better for you and whatever teams you choose to like this year. Good luck! 

40 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Wos vs lcm 2021 was it?  lcm shot up 21-0 then wos slingshotted around them to win

I still think someone wanted to throw them a bone that game.

2022 was the best of this rivalry. Instant classic.

Edit... 2021 was also CTs 1st game back from covid

Edited by WOSdrummer99

5 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

What was the WOS Vs Ned game at Lamar when Nederland went for 2 late in the ball game to win? That was a classic. I wanna say maybe 2011? 

I believe you are correct. There's been three 1 pt games between them

8/26/11   

#9 WOS vs Nederland

20      21

8/31/18

#3 WOS vs Nederland

18      19

8/30/19   

#5 WOS vs Nederland

21      20

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I believe you are correct. There's been three 1 pt games between them

8/26/11   

#9 WOS vs Nederland

20      21

8/31/18

#3 WOS vs Nederland

18      19

8/30/19   

#5 WOS vs Nederland

21      20

Some great battles where both teams came out tougher and better because of it 

On 5/29/2023 at 10:01 AM, navydawg31 said:

What was the WOS Vs Ned game at Lamar when Nederland went for 2 late in the ball game to win? That was a classic. I wanna say maybe 2011? 

That was a heck of a game.  I was glad I was there to see it. There were a couple of other classic Ned/WOS games in the early 2000s before they moved down.

3 hours ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Not necessarily rivalries but Vidor vs WOS in '96... Vidor won 21-19 (I believe that was the score) and Vidor vs Memorial from 6, 7, 8 years ago (Don't remember exactly when).

I have Vidor 20-19. Think it was at Vidor for HC. I remember being there for one between 95-98. And it is a rivalry. Just haven't played an actual game since 03. Scrimmage every year since then I believe.

All time WOS 15-7 🧢

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I have Vidor 20-19. Think it was at Vidor for HC. I remember being there for one between 95-98. And it is a rivalry. Just haven't played an actual game since 03. Scrimmage every year since then I believe.

All time WOS 15-7 🧢

You are correct, 20-19 at Vidor... can't remember if it was HC or not.

5 hours ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Not necessarily rivalries but Vidor vs WOS in '96... Vidor won 21-19 (I believe that was the score) and Vidor vs Memorial from 6, 7, 8 years ago (Don't remember exactly when).

2016 and 2017. 1-1 then the alignment split happened. 

On 5/28/2023 at 10:55 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Is that a typo? 😳

Nah.... that was a really heated game.  Long story behind that one.  BC got taken to the woodshed.  

My personal favorite was Silsbee at BC the same year.  Silsbee had Calvin Tyler, Jr and BC pulled out the win to seal District.