Vidor 83 Baytown Lee 54/Final

WOSgrad

once the 4th qtr started, we started slacking off. There was hardly any pressure at all, they pretty much just had the pick of the field and so of course that allowed Lee to score some. That "54 points" I wouldn't consider that as just given up points. 

83 pts is awesome but giving up 54 to Lee is not good at all

****Vidors offense is phenomenal and they are getting better every week . Put up 83 points with the starters only playing one drive in the second half. ****Lots of speed

****Vidors Defense seems to be getting worse every week but I think that is due to our weakness being exposed( its not a secret anymore). I did see a glimmer of hope in the second qtr , some tweaking was done with secondary personnel and they looked like an entirely different defense ( did not get scored on). In the third qtr they went back to the same personnel as the 1st qtr (same results). Vidors defensive coordinator is not the problem, the defensive scheme is good but got to plug in the right pieces in the voids.

Good Game Pirates ! i would love to see the offensive stats

True...But doubt Mathews tells the DC was lineup to put on the field.  Go with what works.  It's the reason they are supposed to watch film all week late into the evenings.  If as a spectator you can see this, why can't he?

The defense did struggle tonight as usual but I believe the last three scores for Lee where on the backups. 

You are correct, starters were out after the first touchdown drive of the third quarter.  Lee scored three TDs on backups.  Backups scored two TDs on Lee.  Lee kept their starting offense in the whole game as far as I could tell.

True...But doubt Mathews tells the DC was lineup to put on the field.  Go with what works.  It's the reason they are supposed to watch film all week late into the evenings.  If as a spectator you can see this, why can't he?

I know everyone drills me for this but when I talk about preparation I ain't talking about the kids. We have too much defensive talent to be allowing teams to score like they are. The TDs in the first half were pretty well off of big mistakes...perhaps the DC needs to watch some tape of East Chambers' defense to see how it's done. We never look prepared for a play. We need to be coaching the kids up when the defense is on the sideline, not watching the game. I mean, kids are running off and on the field at the wrong time, wrong defense being called and everything looks like a Keystone Cops drill. If we need to put Haylen or others on the offense to the defense, then so be it. What happens this Friday when we play against Boyd and the Ozen Panthers? We look totally unprepared for the start of the game; that's coaching. Our defensive line needs to stay in their lanes and seal those corners to have any chance of stopping Boyd and we need to stop blitzing so much....it ain't working. Four down linemen, two safeties and no more cutting the offensive line. Again, Jeff needs to take over the defense for the rest of the season...fire the kids up and instill some confidence in them. Best offense I've seen from the Pirates; worst defense. Work on it.

I know everyone drills me for this but when I talk about preparation I ain't talking about the kids. We have too much defensive talent to be allowing teams to score like they are. The TDs in the first half were pretty well off of big mistakes...perhaps the DC needs to watch some tape of East Chambers' defense to see how it's done. We never look prepared for a play. We need to be coaching the kids up when the defense is on the sideline, not watching the game. I mean, kids are running off and on the field at the wrong time, wrong defense being called and everything looks like a Keystone Cops drill. If we need to put Haylen or others on the offense to the defense, then so be it. What happens this Friday when we play against Boyd and the Ozen Panthers? We look totally unprepared for the start of the game; that's coaching. Our defensive line needs to stay in their lanes and seal those corners to have any chance of stopping Boyd and we need to stop blitzing so much....it ain't working. Four down linemen, two safeties and no more cutting the offensive line. Again, Jeff needs to take over the defense for the rest of the season...fire the kids up and instill some confidence in them. Best offense I've seen from the Pirates; worst defense. Work on it.

Robanadana, you're an idiot! To believe that people actually care about your assessment, I think you need to be fired from your job! Let's start that forum!

Fire Robanadana! Fire Robanadana! Fire Robanadana! Come on people start chanting with me! Fire Robanadana!

Edited by VP77

Robanadana, you're an idiot! To believe that people actually care about your assessment, I think you need to be fired from your job! Let's start that forum!

Fire Robanadana! Fire Robanadana! Fire Robanadana! Come on people start chanting with me! Fire Robanadana!

And you think the status quo will get us wins against quality teams then?  What exactly do you suggest?  2 posts and you're some expert?

You do not have a clue of what goes in to a game plan only to not have it executed by 15, 16, and 17 year old players. Don't pretend to understand what goes on in the locker room, the practices, the meetings, or in my home. You get to watch your children play sports; while he is coaching your children, he misses our children's games and practices. I will not sit back and let idiots pass judgement on my husband's work ethic. None of you know the sacrifice nor the time he puts in to his job!

I'll say this since I've seen Ozen play twice now: if you have trouble stopping the run and have tackling issues you will have trouble with Ozen in that aspect, BUT if you do not commit turnovers and can get yourself at least one defensive score plus limit the Ozen possessions while scoring points and controlling the clock you will be in position to beat em. 

I'll say this since I've seen Ozen play twice now: if you have trouble stopping the run and have tackling issues you will have trouble with Ozen in that aspect, BUT if you do not commit turnovers and can get yourself at least one defensive score plus limit the Ozen possessions while scoring points and controlling the clock you will be in position to beat em. 

I agree with you...tackling is an issue...but the good news is we are getting to them. Now if we can execute the tackle, people will be happy. But I'll be honest, it will be tough next week. Ozen is bigger and faster...our defense doesn't match up...and our secondary needs improvement....but trust me, THE DC is COMPLETELY aware of the issues!!!!!!

I think it's unfair to blame the DC. Everyone has a right to an opinion but  I can't sit back and let this guy take the blame.  Here is an example: My son plays defense.  First play of game my son bites on the RB inside. QB takes it to the house.  Coaches preached and preached about this all week in practice.  Not to mention how I harped on it myself. But these guys know 1,000 times more then me or anyone on this board. My 16 year old son made a mistake.  Not the DC's fault. I'm man enough to admit and I dont have my daddy goggles on to know it was a missed assignment.   Can't blame the coach.  Let's not forget these are young men out there giving there best effort.  Sometimes things happen. My son is still beating himself up over that.  Coaches can't play for these young men. Will he make another mistake before the season is over? Hell yea he's 16.  But to blame the coach is really unfair.  We got alot to work on.. true fan is on board through good and bad.  Next week it might be defense bailing out offense.  Get on board or get out of the way 

You do not have a clue of what goes in to a game plan only to not have it executed by 15, 16, and 17 year old players. Don't pretend to understand what goes on in the locker room, the practices, the meetings, or in my home. You get to watch your children play sports; while he is coaching your children, he misses our children's games and practices. I will not sit back and let idiots pass judgement on my husband's work ethic. None of you know the sacrifice nor the time he puts in to his job!

I don’t know who you are and honestly do not care.  The great thing about a discussion forum is we are all equal.  I do suggest if you are the spouse of a member of the coaching staff, maybe the boards are not a place for you.  In my case, I’m a lifelong fan of over 40 years.  My Grandfather, Father, and I played defense for Vidor teams.  I personally have coached many teams, much younger than these kids, and they have always displayed discipline because I instilled it. 

My wife does don’t pretend to know whether are not I’m a “good” Nursing Administrator or not.  The fact that I often stay at work 12-14 hours a day does not make me proficient.  The fact I'm taking a break while arriving to work at 5:30 am on a Saturday does not make me a great or more devoted employee than others.  I work to serve my patients and my customer base.  If your husband is truly the DC, who is his customer base?  We the fans are.  When teams from all over Southeast Texas take notice of our defensive deficiencies when we returned eight starters from last year, it shows.  But worse, Pirate fans are noticing. 

In the lean years of our offense, it was the defense that rose to the occasion.  Look, I’m bias because I’m a fan that has witnessed more winless seasons or one win seasons than playoff appearances.  I had listened to my head coach, Jay Law, make some of the most ridiculous statements and offer a team that was unprepared at best.  I have watched every other local comparable team develop at least a few Divison One college recruits, usually by default, when we have almost none in over 15 years.  I witnessed one of the best quarterbacks in the state launch a bomb of the second play of week three and our defensive back not even expect it. 

I don’t know your husband.  Really don’t care too.  But if you are too thin skinned to accept criticism, then you should honestly avoid the boards.  Take a look and how the PNG and Nederland coaches are lambasted every Friday night.  But when all football fans start to notice obvious coaching problems with defensive fundamentals like who many kids should be on the field, you pop up out of nowhere.  Coaches come and go.  But lifelong fans cannot be so easily replaced.  I drive 2-3 hours just to watch a freaking game of football and I do not know I single kid on the field. 

I’m sure you are proud your husband is the coordinator.  But we should not have to score 83 points to secure a win.  We should have picked up some pass defensive schemes and tip-offs by playing several quality throwing teams.  Makes me sick you put the ENTIRE blame on the kids.  I can teach 10-year-olds where to be on a soccer field.  About time, our coordinators did with High School aged kids.  

What do the number of posts have to do with how much football someone knows???

It's not the number of posts as much as when you are defending a topic and cannot easily be defended.  If you care about the community, the fans, and the kids then should be posting those positive thoughts throughout the season.  Not just when multiple fans, from all over the area, are starting to discuss a glaring deficiency on this team.  Answer this question for me, what is our plus/minus turnover ratio for the season?  That should also include kickoffs our kids were not coached were live balls after 10 yards.  How many turnovers have we caused?  Then compare that to all other teams in the district.  That is a true gauge of the quality of our defense.