Manvel OC heading to New Caney

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1407452" timestamp="1369282272"]
VYPE ‏@VYPE 6h

VYPEHouston: Coaching News: Manvel OC Jimmy Klingler likely headed to be New Caney OC. Official announcement... http://dlvr.it/3PstLH

I dont know why he left but something just seems strange about this move.
[/quote]

This is an odd move.  You go from being the OC of Manvel to a head coaching job....not to OC job at a program that has struggled to win 2+ games 4-5 years in a row.   

[quote name="HUM398" post="1407944" timestamp="1369370719"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112159.msg1407452#msg1407452 date=1369282272]
VYPE ‏@VYPE 6h

VYPEHouston: Coaching News: Manvel OC Jimmy Klingler likely headed to be New Caney OC. Official announcement... http://dlvr.it/3PstLH

[/quote]

This is an odd move.  You go from being the OC of Manvel to a head coaching job....not to OC job at a program that has struggled to win 2+ games 4-5 years in a row. 
[/quote]

maybe he is gooing to be HC/OC...

[quote name="HUM398" post="1407944" timestamp="1369370719"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112159.msg1407452#msg1407452 date=1369282272]
VYPE ‏@VYPE 6h

[/quote]

[/quote] Either his buddy or a family member is the HC, it was a family decided move, something more is going on at Manvel that we dont know about or New Caney is cutting the check (a HUGE check).

Last year New Caney added about 1200 new students.Passed a bond for like 30 mill to build a new stadium w/plans for building another new high school.Build it and they will come & there is a giant track of land there as big as Kingwood.Add to that metro folk (Hou interior)are re-locating.I figure the $ was right to step into a higher position in a huge growth area.Wait for it New Caney will soon be competitive say in a cpl yrs. ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1407970" timestamp="1369394738"]
Last year New Caney added about 1200 new students.Passed a bond for like 30 mill to build a new stadium w/plans for building another new high school.Build it and they will come & there is a giant track of land there as big as Kingwood.Add to that metro folk (Hou interior)are re-locating.I figure the $ was right to step into a higher position in a huge growth area.Wait for it New Caney will soon be competitive say in a cpl yrs. ;)
[/quote]

New Caney didn't add 1200 students.  Also, the new high school will be built north of the Valley Ranch subdivision....and will likely cut new caney up again.

The future of success is in Porter high school or the new high school.  New Caney will remain around 1100-1700 students in the near future

• 5 weeks later...
Looks like a shakeup at New Caney with the addition of Jimmy Klingler as OC.He brings his son Cory 6-4,285 an all district OT with him from Manvel.Previous postings mention a Coach Martin calling plays,I did not find him in last years game program,mentions a coach Andy Smith as Offensive Cord.Can anyone shine light.Where did Coach Sink leave to and with him New Caney's returning QB? Texas Football Magazine mentions Cody Young as probable QB.

Agree with all above posts ...the move seems odd.  Could see him taking the HC role in a NY minute.  New Caney may have cut the big check like others have mentioned.  On the surface, it doesn't add up.  Regardless, New Caney needs help in a HUGE way, so bringing the Manvel winning tradition to New Caney sounds like a very smart move (look at what Manvel did to PAM last year!).  It paid to bring some of North Shore's State Championship coaching squad to Summer Creek.  SC is on their way to a 3rd District championship.  I'm sure New Caney would love to sniff a district title ...or even a winning season. 

Pennington should be nervous. 

[quote name="Justafan72" post="1415661" timestamp="1372084888"]
Looks like a shakeup at New Caney with the addition of Jimmy Klingler as OC.He brings his son Cory 6-4,285 an all district OT with him from Manvel.Previous postings mention a Coach Martin calling plays,I did not find him in last years game program,mentions a coach Andy Smith as Offensive Cord.Can anyone shine light.Where did Coach Sink leave to and with him New Caney's returning QB? Texas Football Magazine mentions Cody Young as probable QB.
[/quote]A tackle or a coach isn't going to help New Carney. They're dead last in the district in talent and don't have the enrollment to make up for it. You could put Gary Joseph over there and still not get to .500. Until NC benefits from the growth in the area they'll be competing with Porter for last unless they realign to district 18. 

[quote name="cougar14" post="1415668" timestamp="1372085957"]
[quote author=Justafan72 link=topic=112159.msg1415661#msg1415661 date=1372084888]
[/quote]A tackle or a coach isn't going to help New Carney. They're dead last in the district in talent and don't have the enrollment to make up for it. You could put Gary Joseph over there and still not get to .500. Until NC benefits from the growth in the area they'll be competing with Porter for last unless they realign to district 18.
[/quote]

If this is true, Barbers Hill shouldn't compete either.  Talent is important, but its not everything at the high school level.  Discipline, preparation, and execution can win you a lot of games.  Look at Katy.  They run their machine and win ...but not many D1's compared to other schools like North Shore, Manvel

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1415666" timestamp="1372085669"]
Agree with all above posts ...the move seems odd.  Could see him taking the HC role in a NY minute.  New Caney may have cut the big check like others have mentioned.  On the surface, it doesn't add up.  Regardless, New Caney needs help in a HUGE way, so bringing the Manvel winning tradition to New Caney sounds like a very smart move [b](look at what Manvel did to PAM last year!)[/b].  [b]It paid to bring some of North Shore's State Championship coaching squad to Summer Creek[/b].  SC is on their way to a 3rd District championship.  I'm sure New Caney would love to sniff a district title ...or even a winning season. 

Pennington should be nervous.
[/quote]Bolded #1. Wth does that have to do with moving from a juggernaut to a team with a hand full of wins the past few years?

Bolded #2. That State Title you speak of happened in 2003, ten years ago, im pretty sure there was some tweaks on that coaching staff right after, and out of those who did move on i wonder how many have gotten past the 2nd round of the playoffs lately, I can name one off hand who hasn't.  ;)

If they develop their own talent like whats going on at Manvel im sure New Caney will be fine in the long run, they're building up around that area, [u]if you win when it counts[/u] they will come.

[quote name="Justafan72" post="1415661" timestamp="1372084888"]
Looks like a shakeup at New Caney with the addition of Jimmy Klingler as OC.He brings his son Cory 6-4,285 an all district OT with him from Manvel.[i][b]Previous postings mention a Coach Martin calling plays,I did not find him in last years game program[/b][/i],mentions a coach Andy Smith as Offensive Cord.Can anyone shine light.Where did Coach Sink leave to and with him New Caney's returning QB? Texas Football Magazine mentions Cody Young as probable QB.
[/quote]

The Coach Martin the previous posts are referring to is Manvel's HC Kirk Martin. He does do most of the offensive play calling for Manvel. I have no clue as to the dynamics on the staff, but seems like a HC that manages the offense may be frustrating to the OC. Also, previous posts mention growth projections in New Caney. Could be that as well that make it interesting to Jimmy.

Cory is a beast. Already committed to Rice, and DCTF has him listed as a pre-season 5A all-state lineman. Gaining that level of lineman is certainly a big windfall for New Caney.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1415668" timestamp="1372085957"]
[quote author=Justafan72 link=topic=112159.msg1415661#msg1415661 date=1372084888]
[/quote][b]A tackle or a coach isn't going to help New Carney[/b]. They're dead last in the district in talent and don't have the enrollment to make up for it. You could put Gary Joseph over there and still not get to .500. Until NC benefits from the growth in the area they'll be competing with Porter for last unless they realign to district 18.
[/quote]

But it's not just ANY tackle or coach! It's a pre-season DCTF 5A all-state tackle, and a coach with [b]5A experience![/b] That is soooooo unfair to the other 4A teams (even the ones with 5A numbers)! Look at what Georgetown did with a bunch of no-name seniors with some 5A experience! With an all-state 5A OL, New Caney should now be favored to win district!

Heard that SC fans are filing a formal protest with UIL to prevent Cory from playing in 4A since he played in 5A last year.

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1415701" timestamp="1372092566"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=112159.msg1415668#msg1415668 date=1372085957]
[/quote][b]A tackle or a coach isn't going to help New Carney[/b]. They're dead last in the district in talent and don't have the enrollment to make up for it. You could put Gary Joseph over there and still not get to .500. Until NC benefits from the growth in the area they'll be competing with Porter for last unless they realign to district 18.
[/quote]

But it's not just ANY tackle or coach! It's a pre-season DCTF 5A all-state tackle, and a coach with [b]5A experience![/b] That is soooooo unfair to the other 4A teams (even the ones with 5A numbers)! Look at what Georgetown did with a bunch of no-name seniors with some 5A experience! With an all-state 5A OL, New Caney should now be favored to win district!

[b]Heard that SC fans are filing a formal protest with UIL to prevent Cory from playing in 4A since he played in 5A last year.[/b]
[/quote]

LOL

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1415701" timestamp="1372092566"]
[/quote]

[b]Heard that SC fans are filing a formal protest with UIL to prevent Cory from playing in 4A since he played in 5A last year.[/b]
[/quote]BOOM!  ;D

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1415672" timestamp="1372086517"]
[/quote]

If this is true, Barbers Hill shouldn't compete either.  Talent is important, but its not everything at the high school level.  Discipline, preparation, and execution can win you a lot of games.  Look at Katy.  They run their machine and win ...but not many D1's compared to other schools like North Shore, Manvel
[/quote]BH has a heck of a lot more talent than New Caney. They have a four year starter at qb who's a UT commit in baseball, the best rb in the district behind Walter and Jeffery, and last year they had the best lb in the district with Garrett Dolan in my opinion. Katy doesn't have a bunch of D1 talent but what they do have are huge offensive linemen and big backs that rush for 2000 yards most years like Dean, Young and Taylor. People on this forum always talk about hard work like the other kids aren't working just as hard. The kids at Crosby were throwing up on themselves while they were running this week but you're not going to hear me talking about how hard they're working because I know the kids at Dayton, BH, and SC are working just as hard. Coaching and talent are the most important things at the high school level. BH much like Deer Park is going to dump all the funds they need to support their program and most times you get decent results with that method, that's why BH is better than most others on the sub-high school level. It may get you to the playoffs but most years you won't have the horses to be a threat.

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1415699" timestamp="1372092088"]
Looks like a shakeup at New Caney with the addition of Jimmy Klingler as OC.He brings his son Cory 6-4,285 an all district OT with him from Manvel.[i][b]Previous postings mention a Coach Martin calling plays,I did not find him in last years game program[/b][/i],mentions a coach Andy Smith as Offensive Cord.Can anyone shine light.Where did Coach Sink leave to and with him New Caney's returning QB? Texas Football Magazine mentions Cody Young as probable QB.
[/quote]

The Coach Martin the previous posts are referring to is Manvel's HC Kirk Martin. He does do most of the offensive play calling for Manvel. I have no clue as to the dynamics on the staff, but seems like a HC that manages the offense may be frustrating to the OC. Also, previous posts mention growth projections in New Caney. Could be that as well that make it interesting to Jimmy.

Cory is a beast. Already committed to Rice, and DCTF has him listed as a pre-season 5A all-state lineman. Gaining that level of lineman is certainly a big windfall for New Caney.
[/quote]Thanks RHboiler for the info on HC Kirk Martin.I can clearly see there could of been a little friction with that situation.I can see the additions certainly improving the New Caney program but in no way see a playoff spot coming.

[quote name="Justafan72" post="1415673" timestamp="1372086588"]
These changes may boost New Caney above Porter and C.E.King.Heard things are in turmoil in Panther Land.
[/quote]

There's plenty of opportunity for movement in the bottom three schools in 19-4A.  If you go bottom FOUR schools, you can include Dayton.  Its a race for who won't make the playoffs.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1415726" timestamp="1372095352"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112159.msg1415672#msg1415672 date=1372086517]
[/quote]

[/quote]BH has a heck of a lot more talent than New Caney. They have a four year starter at qb who's a UT commit in baseball, the best rb in the district behind Walter and Jeffery, and last year they had the best lb in the district with Garrett Dolan in my opinion. Katy doesn't have a bunch of D1 talent but what they do have are huge offensive linemen and big backs that rush for 2000 yards most years like Dean, Young and Taylor. People on this forum always talk about hard work like the other kids aren't working just as hard. The kids at Crosby were throwing up on themselves while they were running this week but you're not going to hear me talking about how hard they're working because I know the kids at Dayton, BH, and SC are working just as hard. Coaching and talent are the most important things at the high school level. BH much like Deer Park is going to dump all the funds they need to support their program and most times you get decent results with that method, that's why BH is better than most others on the sub-high school level. It may get you to the playoffs but most years you won't have the horses to be a threat.
[/quote]

Agree^^^^^ People don't realize also how many parents fork out big bucks for personal trainers for kids starting in middle school. If you have a decent resume, you could make big bucks in communities like BH with parents wanting their kids to be the next D1 prospect whether it's baseball, football, or basketball. It's all about the $$$$$$$$. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TRUTHTELLER409
    Newest Member
    TRUTHTELLER409