FACTS about Yates/Kimball game

I just do not understand how some of you who post on this site try to sound so knowledgeable and don't really have a clue....its like me posting in the dang soccer forum..I don't know soccer, have never played soccer, yet if I went on there and talked about a soccer team's coach that just lost in the state title game on a last se cond goal, as if I know what the heck is going on....I would sound pretty dumb to a guy that REALLY knows soccer. Same concept....
Here are some things that you may want to consider:
1) This Yates team was very good, finishing with a 33-6 record as state finalist, but although they were far better than most in Texas, they were not as good as the previous teams that dominated in 09 and 10....not even close...No TRUE PG, for starters, and I could go on, but I want to keep this simple.
2) Every coach in TEXAS would send tapes on and try to strategize on how to beat Yates...ALL SEASON LONG..Do you guys really think that Coach Wise did not see every gimmick, trick defense, offensive game plan in the WORLD throughout these playoffs? Yet was a possession away from winning state again?
3) Their Sr. Leader, went 1-16 last night, and 0-7 from three....yet it took a prayer to best them on a last second shot in the end...1-16! 
This had not happened all year long...They missed FIVE front end one and ones down the stretch, which allowed Kimball to get back in the game.... wrong time for that, but how is that Coach Wise's fault? It's basketball, sometimes that just happens.
4) Ever lose a parent the day before a title game? Well Yates had to deal with THAT obstacle as well...the sophomore guard #1, lost his grandmother (who was raising him) on Friday while in Austin....Not making excuses, just stating facts here..
5) Did one of you guys say DISCIPLINE was an issue? I'd you did, I want to ask you one question...If you have seen Yates play, have you EVER seen those kids, talk back to a ref, talk smack to an opposing player, chest pump, throat slash, or ANY of those things that you often see undisciplined kids and teams do? I will answer for you. NOT EVER. Yates has possibly the MOST disciplined kids around..

Maybe this will help some of understand better, then again maybe it won't...I was just as shocked at the ending last night as most, but I do know that in these winner take all championship situations, things can and will happen....to blame the coach that has been there many times and understands also, is just not smart...Kimball was the defending state champion...they were a very good team...it took a wing and a prayer for them to beat Yates, and they got them both last night....Congrats to them and thanks to both teams for one of the best 4A finishes EVER.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a msg board, 'Dickie V', or whoever you are.  Peeps express opinions on msg boards.  Just because you don't agree with them, doesn't mean they are wrong. 

The real Dickie V is a homer for Duke, and you are a homer for Yates.  Too each his own.  Btw, I'm not glad that Yates lost, I'm not exactly mad about it either.  I'm sure they will have more chances in 3A.

[quote name="Kountzer" post="1195766" timestamp="1331484205"]
It's a msg board, 'Dickie V', or whoever you are.  Peeps express opinions on msg boards.  Just because you don't agree with them, doesn't mean they are wrong. 

The real Dickie V is a homer for Duke, and you are a homer for Yates.  Too each his own.  Btw, I'm not glad that Yates lost, I'm not exactly mad about it either.  I'm sure they will have more chances in 3A.
[/quote]
They won't win 3A either !!!!!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1195746" timestamp="1331480143"]
I just do not understand how some of you who post on this site try to sound so knowledgeable and don't really have a clue....its like me posting in the dang soccer forum..I don't know soccer, have never played soccer, yet if I went on there and talked about a soccer team's coach that just lost in the state title game on a last se cond goal, as if I know what the heck is going on....I would sound pretty dumb to a guy that REALLY knows soccer. Same concept....
1) This Yates team was very good, finishing with a 33-6 record as state finalist, but although they were far better than most in Texas, they were not as good as the previous teams that dominated in 09 and 10....not even close...No TRUE PG, for starters, and I could go on, but I want to keep this simple.
2) Every coach in TEXAS would send tapes on and try to strategize on how to beat Yates...ALL SEASON LONG..Do you guys really think that Coach Wise did not see every gimmick, trick defense, offensive game plan in the WORLD throughout these playoffs? Yet was a possession away from winning state again?
3) Their Sr. Leader, went 1-16 last night, and 0-7 from three....yet it took a prayer to best them on a last second shot in the end...1-16! 
This had not happened all year long...They missed FIVE front end one and ones down the stretch, which allowed Kimball to get back in the game.... wrong time for that, but how is that Coach Wise's fault? It's basketball, sometimes that just happens.
4) Ever lose a parent the day before a title game? Well Yates had to deal with THAT obstacle as well...the sophomore guard #1, lost his grandmother (who was raising him) on Friday while in Austin....Not making excuses, just stating facts here..
5) Did one of you guys say DISCIPLINE was an issue? I'd you did, I want to ask you one question...If you have seen Yates play, have you EVER seen those kids, talk back to a ref, talk smack to an opposing player, chest pump, throat slash, or ANY of those things that you often see undisciplined kids and teams do? I will answer for you. NOT EVER. Yates has possibly the MOST disciplined kids around..

Maybe this will help some of understand better, then again maybe it won't...I was just as shocked at the ending last night as most, but I do know that in these winner take all championship situations, things can and will happen....to blame the coach that has been there many times and understands also, is just not smart...Kimball was the defending state champion...they were a very good team...it took a wing and a prayer for them to beat Yates, and they got them both last night....Congrats to them and thanks to both teams for one of the best 4A finishes EVER.
[/quote]

The ONLY fact that matters about the Yates/Kimball game--

[b]Kimball            78
Yates                75    Final[/b]

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1195779" timestamp="1331485558"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=97377.msg1195746#msg1195746 date=1331480143]

[/quote]

The ONLY fact that matters about the Yates/Kimball game--

[b]Kimball            78
Yates                75    Final[/b]
[/quote]
8)

Do not deny that fact at all...maybe you are one of the ones that just don't get it....It WAS a great game, probably one of the best of the entire tourney...My post was addressing those who felt that the loss was due on large part to 'coaching' error...Not at all....Kimball just git the necessary breaks to pull it off....it happens....They outplayed Yates down the stretch, and Yates did not help themselves by missing free throws either....STILL A GREAT GAME TO SEE.

Now dat der yates score is funny, all because "you know who" wants everybody to think they are untouchable.  When they get beat next year in 3A, the same person will have yet more excuses.  Let it go down as a great game without offering your unwanted and slanted "analysis". 

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1195790" timestamp="1331486818"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=97377.msg1195786#msg1195786 date=1331486493]
Didn't know one had to be an 'expert' to voice their opinion on this board?!  ::) ::)
[/quote]
Don't have to be an expert...just know a LITTLE about what you talking about.
[/quote]
Can you please point out where it says that on here?

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

I can't seem to find it dickie.

Maybe Yates ain't all that. What a great post from a losers perspective......DV.

One possession or not, most basketball games come down to that. At least act like you do know that. I thought Yates was supposed to beat everyone by 40.

Your only comeback will be to dis my team instead of admitting you were wrong.

[quote name="BADSANTA " post="1195803" timestamp="1331488755"]
Why is this cat on Yates jock so hard man! They lost because Kimball played better ball. Live with that. Yates is a great program now. They aren't better than Marcus, Travis, Kimball, an maybe Alamo Heights. Move on man!
[/quote]
Didn't I say that? Can't read either, huh? ::)
[quote author=baddog link=topic=97377.msg1195805#msg1195805 date=1331489167]
Maybe Yates ain't all that. What a great post from a losers perspective......DV.

One possession or not, most basketball games come down to that. At least act like you do know that. I thought Yates was supposed to beat everyone by 40.

Your only comeback will be to dis my team instead of admitting you were wrong.
[/quote]
Losers perspective?...what? ..I DON'T CARE THAT YATES LOST...I was talking about the game in general, which I thought was fantastic...don't worry...Your team will NEVER know what state feels like, so do not concern yourself with it.. ;)

Was at the tourney...this Yates team was definitely not as good as teams made up of Snap Peters and Mighty Joe Young. But they were still very good and VERY athletic. They lost to a great Kimball team in what was in my opinion the best game or at least best finish of the tournament. Yates had a few huge travels and missed FT's that let Kimball have the opportunity to hang around there at the end. Just a phenomenal game all around and was so happy I got to witness it.

Also, to those saying Yates will lose next year in 3A.....HAHAHA. Yates would have beat every 3A team there by 40. Not to diss the 3A teams, Yates is just on a different level. Take a look at Sophomore Melvin Swift....he's what you will be playing against next year.   

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1195829" timestamp="1331492092"]
Some of you guys are funny. Yates lost to a VERY GOOD team in 4-a near the end of the game. None of the 3-a, 4-a or 5-a schools could handle Kimball in a State tourney. Yates will dominate 3-a regionals.
[/quote]

Uhhh....Marcus and Travis would have beat Kimball. But I agree with the 3A and 4A part of the statement. lol.

I agree no 3A team will or could have beat Yates! They have the advantage in athletes and overall basketball skill. The fact is the winner of 21-3A next year will come home after the 3rd round while the runner up will be a Regional Finalist at best. Until they move back up to 4A Silsbee, Hardin Jefferson, or whom ever has a very very slim chance of going to state. Yates could go on a 3 or 4 year run as state champs in 3A which is what we are looking at. SETX teams just won't have the size or ball skill to match.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kourt1
    Newest Member
    Kourt1