Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="bleed orange" post="902984" timestamp="1289358265"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=75789.msg902878#msg902878 date=1289352745]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=75789.msg902632#msg902632 date=1289331987]
[size=16pt]...EC emerges #1![/size]
[/quote]

;D
[/quote]

Bucfan EC does good every year but I agree they surprised the district this year. Wish you guys the best in the playoffs.
[/quote]

And thank you Bleed!  :)   All year long, the talk has been Newton or Anahuac?...Anahuac or Newton?...Newton or Anahuac...??

It just amazed me how EC, an undisputed, undefeated District Champ in '09 was so completely discounted!  Great job Bucs!  ;D

I have to toss my hat in there with liltex - Barbers Hill. After all, preseason picks had it Dayton, Crosby (and a couple even switched the two) then Galena Park with CE King and BH deciding the final spot. I also think the Newton-Anahuac talk was more about a media frenzy looking forward at the time to a father-and-son coaching matchup. Those kinds of things sometimes over rule logic.

Anyway, BH opens the season with lopsided losses to Santa Fe and Lumberton. Now later in the year Santa Fe gets to be pretty good and Lumberton, well not so much, but then the Eagles get a touchdown over Nederland. However, the 54-0 blowout by Dayton after a week off and one might have thought they were done. On my way across the field that night, I heard Coach Gage say, "Man, the wheels just came off - I really don't know what happened."  The rest is history:

Oct. 1 Baytown Lee, Won, 26-7
Oct. 8 at Houston North Forest, Won, 26-0
Oct. 15 Houston C.E. King, Won, 26-14
Oct. 22 at Galena Park, Won, 34-7
Oct. 29 Goose Creek Memorial, 7:00 p.m.* W, 19-0
Nov. 5 at Crosby, 7:00 p.m.* W, 35-21

Not only did they defeat the two schools the pronosticators picked ahead of them, but they did it in convincingly away from home. Now maybe that should be the award for biggest turnaround mid-season, but that wasn't an option, so overachievers it is.

Sorry guys but I gotta put up another team-WOS Mustangs.This team went toe to toe w/Friendswood (DCTF semi-final pic in 4a Div 1)only to come up 1 pt.short.Then trajedy of the death of RG and the team mourns and rebounds,then the word of a coach w/illness to Dan Hooks losing a longtime friend and now the Stangs look to make a deep playoff run.Kudos to them and kudos to all those that donated to the RG scholarship fund and for all the overwhelming support w/tributes for #12 and his families and the teams players that supported them by wearing the #12 decaAll of you folks are Overachievers in my book.In the book of books I'm sure there were lots of Attaboys noted ;)

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="liltex" post="903875" timestamp="1289445350"]
Sorry guys but I gotta put up another team-WOS Mustangs.This team went toe to toe w/Friendswood (DCTF semi-final pic in 4a Div 1)only to come up 1 pt.short.Then trajedy of the death of RG and the team mourns and rebounds,then the word of a coach w/illness to Dan Hooks losing a longtime friend and now the Stangs look to make a deep playoff run.Kudos to them and kudos to all those that donated to the RG scholarship fund and for all the overwhelming support w/tributes for #12 and his families and the teams players that supported them by wearing the #12 decaAll of you folks are Overachievers in my book.In the book of books I'm sure there were lots of Attaboys noted ;)
[/quote]

Great post and well said.

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="902659" timestamp="1289333615"]
I posted the following in another thread after week 10...

don't forget that this year yall are sharing the crown.  Now, enjoy your bye and come support the best team in 10AA as they play Jefferson in Diboll this Friday!   8)      I can promise you there will be NO LUCKY PASS PLAY in this game...  ;)
[/quote]

its odd how its now a lucky pass when the kid is a great athlete....and as for the crown since yes we do get the bye i guess we will take the kings crown and give you the queens ;D

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Anafanatic" post="902659" timestamp="1289333615"]
I posted the following in another thread after week 10...

[i]Funny how no one picked EC to win this district. I looked back at the Examiner football magazine and all 11 of the media people involved in the "Good as Gold" picks on pg. 10 had Newton first. Additionally, most folks on this board had the "Newton vs. Anahuac" game as deciding the district. EC was picked a distant 3rd, or not making the playoffs at all. I guess somehow an undisputed, undefeated district championship in '09, plus a 15 consecutive year playoff streak was somehow discounted by most everyone.

Nobody told them Bucs, though....EC emerges #1! [/i]
[/quote]

Now, enjoy your bye and come support [size=16pt]the best team in 10AA[/size] as they play Jefferson in Diboll this Friday!   8)      I can promise you there will be NO LUCKY PASS PLAY in this game...  ;)
[/quote]

AP: [u]0-2 vs. EC[/u] past two years, and you [u]really[/u] think Anahuac is the "best" in District 10? I hope you are joking.

[quote name="liltex" post="903875" timestamp="1289445350"]
[/quote]

I totally agree with you. WOS has gone through an emotional rollercoaster this year, but yet they pulled together as a team and a community and now they look stronger than ever. Best of luck to the 'Stangs!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin