Has Brenham Really Played Anybody?

Look, Brenham is 9-0, and they have gotten there by beating their opponents pretty handily.  They don't let other teams hang around.  They get out in front and keep their foot on the gas until the 48 minutes are up.  Last year, this team could have been beaten in the playoffs, but found ways to win.  This year, this team is going to be a lot tougher to beat in the playoffs.

My prediction:  Brenham will be 10-0 after Thursday night.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh heck, just for arguments sake, the offense isn't doing too bad, with or without Leroy in. Knee surgery cost him a few games, but he's done okay coming off knee surgery. But he's played 7 games  for 901 yards on 99 carries and 17 TD's  and averaging 9.1 yards per carry. Bolfing has played him sparingly saving him for the playoffs, which is where it all counts anyway.

Northbrook Raiders 0
     Montgomery Bears 66

Spring Woods Tigers 13
     Montgomery Bears 62

Montgomery Bears 26
     [glow=red,2,300]Brenham Cubs[/glow]       31

[glow=red,2,300]Waller Bulldogs[/glow]     7
     Montgomery Bears 14

Montgomery Bears         38
     Magnolia West Mustangs 7

[glow=red,2,300]Stratford Spartans[/glow] 10
     Montgomery Bears 34

Montgomery Bears 50
     Houston Jones Falcons 0

[glow=red,2,300]Spring Lions[/glow]            19
     Montgomery Bears 35

Montgomery Bears 56
     [glow=red,2,300]Crosby Cougars[/glow]      30

Those teams highlighted are all playoff teams with the exception of Spring but were suppose to beat Montgomery being one of the tougher 5A teams in the area. Waller is vastly underestimated sometimes, because their record shows 3-3 but look at the three they lost to. Not a real easy district to survive in. If the Bears play like they should against Huntsville, they will face either a rematch of last year with Crosby or the tribe from Port Neches Grove. So if the latter  happens, then you will find out if the offense you so soundly feel is 12th in the area, is what you think it is. You base your gut feeling on stats I take it, and you seem to think the offense is so one-dimensional, that if you stop Leroy Dobbins, you have a walk in the park. Well last week Leroy only carried the ball 3 times, that's right 3 times, of course he gained 101 yards on those three carries, and Bolfing sat him down, and that one dimensional offense still put up 66 points with the 2nd string in the second half. And the week before that, Dobbins carried the ball 4 times and the one dimensional offense only put up 62 points that week. So you just keep your headdress dusted off and your warpaint handy, because if you make it to Spring Stadium this year, you're gonna need it, I assure you that. See you on the sidelines.........  

You want a piece if 17-4A we're not hard to find take 105 west. Anybody that questions Brenham's record really should seek professional help though......

Mark, i've been warning people about yalls offense for months now.  Actually, since July to be exact.  If people think y'all are one dimensional, they'll be in for a surprise.  You can stack the box, but Montgomery has 2 very talented receivers, and a good field general to get them the ball.  Their rushing attack isn't all Dobbins either.  House, is a very capable HB as well.

[quote name="RCOLE68" post="895248" timestamp="1288750780"]
Brenham is that awful team off 105W by the Blue Bell plant that made a run to the state championship game last year in D2 that basically returned its whole starting roster. They also shutout in the second half basically one the best offenses in 4A Montgomery , and is probably one of the best coached and talented defense in the state. No they aren't so big and bad.  ;)
[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="895322" timestamp="1288755169"]
[quote author=RCOLE68 link=topic=75448.msg895317#msg895317 date=1288754583]
I'm stating how good Brenham is. Dobbins was out for 3 games and has played 2 Qtrs (8 carries) in the last two games. Those numbers do not mean anything. Montgomery offense could have run the stats up but have stopped at HALFTIME. Believe what you want. The playoffs will be a judge for the future.
[/quote]
I haven't seen Montgomery play. I'm just going off of stats provided by Houston Chronicle. Are the stats wrong? I already know Brenham is good. That's a given, but it was said that Montgomery has one of the best 4A offenses, and I disproved that with what the Houston Chronicle said.

Remember, PNG won the worst fans award on here ;D BTW, I know Montgomery is good, it's all in good fun.
[/quote]

Scalp'Em you can't be going by what the Houston Chronicle says... ;)
With Montgomery returning some key players from injuries and playing them wisely and sparingly, Montgomery's offense will be plenty salty come playoff time.
Brenham hands down team to beat in region 3.

We scrimmaged Lamar, they are not strong at all, we scored at will and thy could not score on us. QB way over rated. Lamar Consilidated is way down, beat Angleton, but that is more about Angleton than Lamar Cons. Montgomery is their best win, they could be really good. Stratford is good, can run the ball, but they lost their QB against us and he was their key player.

Brenham is very good, we just do not know how good yet. They could win it all, but their district is very weak and has not allowed us to really get a handle on their strong points and weak points. We shall see, they will go deep!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="895834" timestamp="1288824463"]
We scrimmaged Lamar, they are not strong at all, we scored at will and thy could not score on us. QB way over rated. Lamar Consilidated is way down, beat Angleton, but that is more about Angleton than Lamar Cons. Montgomery is their best win, they could be really good. Stratford is good, can run the ball, but they lost their QB against us and he was their key player.

Brenham is very good, we just do not know how good yet. They could win it all, but their district is very weak and has not allowed us to really get a handle on their strong points and weak points. We shall see, they will go deep!
[/quote]
Are District is Weak???? What compared to Dist. 24-4A are dist is amazing, No one is undefeated in yours and who did yall lose to in district?

There is a really easy way to look at this to determine if Brenham has played anyone.  We hear people in this thread saying Brenham's schedule was weak.  Well the overall win/loss record for the teams the Cubs played this year is 43-47.  By comparison, the Dayton Broncos opponents for this season had a combined win loss record of 44-47.  Nearly identical.  Brenham is undefeated, Dayton has 3 losses.  And sure people will say, "Oh but Dayton's losses were to tougher teams."  Not so fast.  Dayton dropped a game to Elkins, the same Elkins that lost to Houston Lamar, the same Houston Lamar that Brenham dominated.  They also lost a game to Angleton, and if you want to debate quality of competition, lets just see who goes farther in division 1 this year, Angleton or Montgomery. 

[quote name="BrenhamCubs" post="896067" timestamp="1288836966"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=75448.msg895834#msg895834 date=1288824463]

[/quote]
Are District is Weak???? What compared to Dist. 24-4A are dist is amazing, No one is undefeated in yours and who did yall lose to in district?
[/quote]
Oh man did you walk into that one. We lost to Santa Fe, who beat Barbers Hill by 50 points. They are probably our 2nd weakest team, but since you have not seen them play - why would you bash them. I have seen Magnolia and Magnolia West play , geez our JV would  kill them and I guarantee you Santa Fe would murder them. I am not sure what happened to your grammar - you seem to use Are instead of our, so I am sure you are a very young football player!! PS - district records do not tell you how strong the district is. PS - 24-4A is known to be one of the toughest in Texas 4A. Good luck and enjoy that weak district!!

[quote name="ricko" post="896167" timestamp="1288851626"]
There is a really easy way to look at this to determine if Brenham has played anyone.  We hear people in this thread saying Brenham's schedule was weak.  Well the overall win/loss record for the teams the Cubs played this year is 43-47.  By comparison, the Dayton Broncos opponents for this season had a combined win loss record of 44-47.  Nearly identical.  Brenham is undefeated, Dayton has 3 losses.  And sure people will say, "Oh but Dayton's losses were to tougher teams."  Not so fast.  Dayton dropped a game to Elkins, the same Elkins that lost to Houston Lamar, the same Houston Lamar that Brenham dominated.  They also lost a game to Angleton, and if you want to debate quality of competition, lets just see who goes farther in division 1 this year, Angleton or Montgomery. 
[/quote]

Get over it, Brenham is very very good. Your schedule is very very weak. Win the state title and it is all a mute point. We all feel you will go far in the playoffs, but your schedule is WEAK!!

Yep Brenham is king until.I wanted to point out in a revenge game from last year Brenham lost to Waller and were going to have some surprizes this year for the bulldogs.21-10 @ half and allowed them 46-200 yds.rushing on a 4-5 team?Stratford last wk.allows them 35 tot yds.Where's the brick wall D in that Brenhamcubs poster.You may see that wall tonight,play hard :D

I personally want to see Brenham kick the crap out of Stratford. They were one of the dirtiest teams we played all year if not the dirtiest. They ran that mouth from the coin toss on, even after the final gun, they couldn't take their beating like a man, and still had to trash talk all the way to their buses. They should be glad Leroy Dobbins was out with knee surgery, or it would have been worse. Our backup Tevin House put 260 yards on them on 23 carries. I can't STAND Stratford, they have always thought they were better than everyone else, and that arrogant prick that single-handedly put Texas Tech football in the toilet, because his son wears a skirt, is a fine example of Stratford material. Their fans are rude, crude and obnoxious, and nothing would please me better than to see the Cubs give a good shillelagh shellacking to that backside real good tonight.  105 PRIDE! 

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="896318" timestamp="1288878890"]
I personally want to see Brenham kick the crap out of Stratford. They were one of the dirtiest teams we played all year if not the dirtiest. They ran that mouth from the coin toss on, even after the final gun, they couldn't take their beating like a man, and still had to trash talk all the way to their buses. They should be glad Leroy Dobbins was out with knee surgery, or it would have been worst. Our backup Tevin House put 260 yards on them on 23 carries. I can't STAND Stratford, they have always thought they were better than everyone else, and that arrogant prick that single-handedly put Texas Tech football in the toilet, because his son wears a skirt, is a fine example of Stratford material. Their fans are rude, crude and obnoxious, and nothing would please me better than to see the Cubs give a good shillelagh shellacking to that backside real good tonight.  105 PRIDE!   
[/quote]

:o :o :o

And breathe...  :D :D :D

I personally want to see Brenham kick the crap out of Stratford. They were one of the dirtiest teams we played all year if not the dirtiest. They ran that mouth from the coin toss on, even after the final gun, they couldn't take their beating like a man, and still had to trash talk all the way to their buses. They should be glad Leroy Dobbins was out with knee surgery, or it would have been worse. Our backup Tevin House put 260 yards on them on 23 carries. I can't STAND Stratford, they have always thought they were better than everyone else, and that arrogant prick that single-handedly put Texas Tech football in the toilet, because his son wears a skirt, is a fine example of Stratford material. Their fans are rude, crude and obnoxious, and nothing would please me better than to see the Cubs give a good shillelagh shellacking to that backside real good tonight.  105 PRIDE!   
[/quote]

I hope we can honor you wish too.  Time to welcome these boys to 4A...  Brenham style!

I personally want to see Brenham kick the crap out of Stratford. They were one of the dirtiest teams we played all year if not the dirtiest. They ran that mouth from the coin toss on, even after the final gun, they couldn't take their beating like a man, and still had to trash talk all the way to their buses. They should be glad Leroy Dobbins was out with knee surgery, or it would have been worse. Our backup Tevin House put 260 yards on them on 23 carries. I can't STAND Stratford, they have always thought they were better than everyone else, [b]and that arrogant prick that single-handedly put Texas Tech football in the [/b] [b]toilet, because his son wears a skirt, is a fine example of Stratford material.[/b] Their fans are rude, crude and obnoxious, and nothing would please me better than to see the Cubs give a good shillelagh shellacking to that backside real good tonight.  105 PRIDE!  
[/quote]

Amen brother !

[quote name="BL33DPURPLE" post="895205" timestamp="1288748177"]
I mean come on. I have been hearing about how big and bad Brenham has been this year. Who are thier key victories?
[/quote]

Wow, can't believe this was posted.  Brenham is good, well coached, and definetely respected in 4A Football.  Schedules and rankings are always misleading in my opinion.  As long as there are no hiccups along the way Brenham should be in the final two this year. 

Guest ECBucFan
[/quote]

C'mon Mark, you don't have mince words...open up and tell us how you really feel!  :D

[quote name="RCOLE68" post="895317" timestamp="1288754583"]
I'm stating how good Brenham is. Dobbins was out for 3 games and has played 2 Qtrs (8 carries) in the last two games. Those numbers do not mean anything. Montgomery offense could have run the stats up but have stopped at HALFTIME. Believe what you want. The playoffs will be a judge for the future.
[/quote]

RCOLE, what team is your helmet on your avatar? Been trying to figure that out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    henrysmith
    Newest Member
    henrysmith