Woodville head Job opened up Quick

Guest baseball25

I don't know much about the coach or Woodville basektball to be exact but didn't they play in the state game last year and get upset in the 2nd round this year (from my understanding they shot absolutely horrible)...was the coach not a good one? I'm just wondering b/c from the outside it seems like a good job. Again, I don't really know much about the Woodville program.

[quote name="Aiden1" post="773767" timestamp="1268149090"]
Hopefully back to coaching school!!
H :o
[/quote]I just gotta ask, did he forget how to coach after his 600th win or before.Give me a break, a guy doesn't win 600 games and not know how to coach.Coaches can do a lot of things but sometimes they can't stop players from overlooking opponents.The percentages I heard the Lady Eagles shot against Hardin is on the players not the coach.They were already warming up for the regional final against EC.

[quote name="Aiden1" post="774701" timestamp="1268257368"]
Listen! I am from Woodville and went to every game. When you play an easy schedule such as the Zavalla Tourney and so on and no real comp that is how you get 600 wins and go undefeated. I would of much rather lost 10 games to really good ball clubs than what happened to us this year. Agree?
[/quote]

I think that some of the teams in Woodville's district will disagree with you about being weak.  Yes, I know that they played High Island (and H.I. got better by playing them) and he told the H.I. coach that he caught alot of flake about playing them, but the fact is that the man has done a good job with a good group of girls.  Would you be like this if they had won it all and he had left?

[quote name="whsalum" post="774280" timestamp="1268196500"]
[quote author=Aiden1 link=topic=67038.msg773767#msg773767 date=1268149090]
Hopefully back to coaching school!!
H :o
[/quote]I just gotta ask, did he forget how to coach after his 600th win or before.Give me a break, a guy doesn't win 600 games and not know how to coach.Coaches can do a lot of things but sometimes they can't stop players from overlooking opponents.The percentages I heard the Lady Eagles shot against Hardin is on the players not the coach.They were already warming up for the regional final against EC.
[/quote] I agree with whsalum....you don't get 600 wins in your career by playing all weak teams and by not knowing how to coach....he brought the Woodville girls program to new heights over the last couple of years...Blame it on what it was...a  poor night of shooting and looking ahead to EC....too much trash talking between those two schools and [b]fans[/b] led to both going out of the playoffs way too soon... 

Guest bleed orange
You lose and all of a sudden the coach is horrible. What about the kids and the parents? I promise you the parents had more wrong doing with the Woodville team then the kids or coach did. Parents are out of control. I know nothing about Woodville but I bet it is no different than any other school. The problem is back in the old days parents did not discuss personal matters infront of the kids.  Nowdays parents bash coaches and players infront of their kids. What are the kids suppose to think. There is so much drama in girls sport, it make me want to puke. It is all because of "PARENTS". My kid is that and my kid is this. Well, here is a wake up call. The talent in the area was down this year and has been going down for the last 3 years. So if you young girls want to get better you better get in the gym. The key is fundamentals and I have seen a lack in fundamentals this year. Have not seen Woodville play. Talking about other teams I have seen. Just read your post "Aiden1" before I posted. Maybe the Parents was the undoing also.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Aiden1" post="774850" timestamp="1268271905"]
This team had success because of summer league. Even before he got there these girls were playing together and continued each year since junior high. It is the parents who ran them before he even got there so dont argue if you are on the outside looking in. Just stating the facts of why our program was so good.
[/quote]

Summer league is a joke. Most teams could not field 5 players to play. AAU is the way to go not summer league.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="774895" timestamp="1268274122"]
[quote author=Aiden1 link=topic=67038.msg774850#msg774850 date=1268271905]
This team had success because of summer league. Even before he got there these girls were playing together and continued each year since junior high. It is the parents who ran them before he even got there so dont argue if you are on the outside looking in. Just stating the facts of why our program was so good.
[/quote]

Summer league is a joke. Most teams could not field 5 players to play. AAU is the way to go not summer league.
[/quote]

Word to ya motha that

WOW before the Hardin game every woodville fan on here was trying to line up a date with the guy now this? I wouldn't be real distraught if I were him with that kind of record he can do way better anyway. Half the problem with sports is people blaming the coach when their five star athlete kids and relatives don't win whatever it is they expected them to win whether its realistic or not

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bucof2010" post="774922" timestamp="1268276239"]
WOW before the Hardin game every woodville fan on here was trying to line up a date with the guy now this? I wouldn't be real distraught if I were him with that kind of record he can do way better anyway. Half the problem with sports is people blaming the coach when their five star athlete kids and relatives don't win whatever it is they expected them to win whether its realistic or not
[/quote]

Most parents are not realistic when it comes to their kids. Rose colored glasses is all I can say.

I saw the guy coach last year at the regional tourney.  He seemed to have done a good job to me.  And like mentioned before, you don't win 600 games and not know how to coach.  The guy has probably seen just about every situation you can see in a game.  It's so funny to me that people are so quick to point a finger.  What adjustment could he have made?  The game of basketball hasn't changed.  When a team piles it in on your good post offense, the only way to get them out of it is to hit some outside shots.  Or stand outside and hold it.  From what I understand Hardin let/forced Woodville to shoot it and they couldn't hit shots.  How is that the coaches fault?  Maybe those other girls should've spent a little more extra time in the gym and not depended on the inside game so much.  Or maybe they just had a bad shooting night...either way.  The coach cant "make" kids make shots in the game.  Give us all a break and just admit that Woodville was just not ready to play.

I think it would be much easier if somehow someway they took parents out of coaching little dribblers. I think it causes way too many problems. Everyone has become a coach and knows more than a coach. I would never basketball around here so I tip my hat to any coach who does and puts up with what they have to put up with.

i agree with you 100% bleed! the game hasn't changed, but attitudes have. i've watched the coach we have here in Jasper for the past few years, and his battle was different. our kids have changed alot, from work habits to just about everything in life.  and i'm not saying that about the Woodville team, because you can't do what they did without a passion for the game. with all of the camps and opportunities that are out there for parents to make their children better they don't take advantage of it.  when the season begins, if the athlete hasn't spent the proper time preparing for the season, its to late. Its tough being a coach today, simply because your dealing with alot of unskilled ball players. I just bet its not hard to find players hitting the court everyday in the big cities of Houston or Dallas because those athletes know that if they ever stand a chance to be on their high school teams, they had better show up with the skills it takes to be a varsity ballplayer.  Coaches are asked to lift up the world with players who cant even dribble with both hands, or dribble with their heads up looking at the floor.  This is what alot of coaches have to deal with. I think that its always tough when you lose a game that you cant afford to lose. i have alot of respect for coaches, its what my generation was tought to do, they would tell us to jump high, we responded how high, and not a phone call home to mommy and daddy telling that coach was making up do things that was goning to make us better.  players don't have respect for their coaches anymore, because they sit and listen to us parents talk about the coach in front of them. But moms and dads, programs wont change until we get back to respecting a profession that comes with alot of joy and alot of pain. If we do nothing else, just tell the coach thanks sometimes!!!!!!! Thanks Coach Baker for all you do for our athletes.....8)

[quote name="Rizon" post="775218" timestamp="1268326881"]
I think it would be much easier if somehow someway they took parents out of coaching little dribblers. I think it causes way too many problems. Everyone has become a coach and knows more than a coach. I would never basketball around here so I tip my hat to any coach who does and puts up with what they have to put up with.
[/quote]I don't know if taking the parents out of little dribblers is the answer because little dribblers and varsity ball are 2 completely different worlds.Summer league ball is a good way to get kids off the play station and working out but it's not the end all in building a team.I don't know Coach Buchanan but I know Woodville didn't play in many final fours before he got there.You don't win 600 games at any varsity level without knowing the game.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="88Warrior" post="774837" timestamp="1268270168"]
Blame it on what it was...a  poor night of shooting and looking ahead to EC....too much trash talking between those two schools and [b]fans[/b] led to both going out of the playoffs way too soon... 
[/quote]

I have to partly disagree about the trash talking. EC by and large did not trash talk. Some from Woodville had anointed themselves as 2010 State Champs before the regular season even ended, and I didn't see anything resembling that from the EC posters. 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="777187" timestamp="1268660517"]
[quote author=88Warrior link=topic=67038.msg774837#msg774837 date=1268270168]
Blame it on what it was...a  poor night of shooting and looking ahead to EC....too much trash talking between those two schools and [b]fans[/b] led to both going out of the playoffs way too soon... 
[/quote]

I have to partly disagree about the trash talking. EC by and large did not trash talk. Some from Woodville had anointed themselves as 2010 State Champs before the regular season even ended, and I didn't see anything resembling that from the EC posters. 
[/quote]

Ill take credit as being the most vocal ec fan and I never said we'd beat Woodville I just said they wouldn't roll us like Aiden said...technically I wasnt wrong lol

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="luvdgame07" post="775402" timestamp="1268337660"]
i agree with you 100% bleed! the game hasn't changed, but attitudes have. i've watched the coach we have here in Jasper for the past few years, and his battle was different. our kids have changed alot, from work habits to just about everything in life.  and i'm not saying that about the Woodville team, because you can't do what they did without a passion for the game. with all of the camps and opportunities that are out there for parents to make their children better they don't take advantage of it.  when the season begins, if the athlete hasn't spent the proper time preparing for the season, its to late. Its tough being a coach today, simply because your dealing with alot of unskilled ball players. I just bet its not hard to find players hitting the court everyday in the big cities of Houston or Dallas because those athletes know that if they ever stand a chance to be on their high school teams, they had better show up with the skills it takes to be a varsity ballplayer.  Coaches are asked to lift up the world with players who cant even dribble with both hands, or dribble with their heads up looking at the floor.  This is what alot of coaches have to deal with. I think that its always tough when you lose a game that you cant afford to lose. i have alot of respect for coaches, its what my generation was tought to do, they would tell us to jump high, we responded how high, and not a phone call home to mommy and daddy telling that coach was making up do things that was goning to make us better.  players don't have respect for their coaches anymore, because they sit and listen to us parents talk about the coach in front of them. But moms and dads, programs wont change until we get back to respecting a profession that comes with alot of joy and alot of pain. If we do nothing else, just tell the coach thanks sometimes!!!!!!! Thanks Coach Baker for all you do for our athletes.....8)
[/quote]

God Post Luv!!!!!!! You are very mature for your age. I am guessing you are young. If not, then you are a very mature middled aged adult. ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kourt1
    Newest Member
    Kourt1