why is EC so quiet

Guest Bucman08

Guest ECBucFan

Foremost, EC fans are by their nature one of the more quite-spoken groups on this board. This is especially true since some of the EC posters who did speak up more have had kids graduate and move on, or they have moved away, etc. I know that for a fact. EC's fans won't generally run their mouths about having "the best players, the best field, the best cheerleaders, the best coaches, the best stadium, the best parking lot, the best scoreboard, the best bag of peanuts...the best-best-best-best whatever. All that type talk is left to others. And I am glad of that.

EC fans in general tend to be more responders than initiators here, too. We don't start a lot of topics, but will reply. Personally, I don't look for a heated debate at all. I enjoy casual conversation with opposing fans, try to be on good terms by trying to be cordial at all times (however, if someone is intent on a debate, I have no problem responding).

Another factor is that EC just hasn't been "in the news" much. With all the coaches in the area being hired, it naturally follows that others will have most of the headlines. Makes sense. Adding to that is the fact that after Thomas, V-Mac, Trammel & Co. finished in 2007, EC has attracted less attention overall.    

Bottom line: EC is basically quite. And that's OK.    

Guest ECBucFan

After the playoff loss last year and the perceived disrespect shown by Barbay in news interview they could be simply laying in wait.  ;D

Going on TV, more than once, and staring into the cameras saying "They just ain't no good" is NOT a perception. It IS a galling lack of discretion. No other coach in this area has ever done likewise, as far as I know...  

People secure in themselves (and their program) don't need to stir the pot, CE.  

Maybe they are waiting until they face Coach Barbay and

his Newton Eagles on Sept. 4. After the playoff loss last year and the perceived disrespect shown by Barbay in news interview they could be simply laying in wait. The old axiom "Let a sleeping dog lie" comes to mind. ;D

Yall still won't own up to the fact that those were indecent comments he made?

After the playoff loss last year and the perceived disrespect shown by Barbay in news interview they could be simply laying in wait.  ;D

Going on TV, more than once, and staring into the cameras saying "They just ain't no good" is NOT a perception. It IS a galling lack of discretion. No other coach in this area has ever done likewise, as far as I know...  

People secure in themselves (and their program) don't need to stir the pot, CE.  

Once again a complete misquote of what was said in an interview. Barbay never said "They just ain't no good" in any interview. What he said in part of a reply to a question was "We haven't played anybody any good" after coasting the entire second half of a "playoff" game. I'm not saying the man is a saint, but don't put words in his mouth. He has plenty of trouble with the real words that come out. ;)  

Guest ECBucFan

You are trying to split hairs. You know the gist of what he says on TV. Its just not to EC either, he does it to others as well, and y'all think it reeeeal cute. Thats just sad. 

Foremost, EC fans are by their nature one of the more quite-spoken groups on this board. This is especially true since some of the EC posters who did speak up more have had kids graduate and move on, or they have moved away, etc. I know that for a fact. EC's fans won't generally run their mouths about having "the best players, the best field, the best cheerleaders, the best coaches, the best stadium, the best parking lot, the best scoreboard, the best bag of peanuts...the best-best-best-best whatever. All that type talk is left to others. And I am glad of that.

EC fans in general tend to be more responders than initiators here, too. We don't start a lot of topics, but will reply. Personally, I don't look for a heated debate at all. I enjoy casual conversation with opposing fans, try to be on good terms by trying to be cordial at all times (however, if someone is intent on a debate, I have no problem responding).

Another factor is that EC just hasn't been "in the news" much. With all the coaches in the area being hired, it naturally follows that others will have most of the headlines. Makes sense. Adding to that is the fact that after Thomas, V-Mac, Trammel & Co. finished in 2007, EC has attracted less attention overall.    

Bottom line: EC is basically quite. And that's OK.    

I still lurk from time to time even though my kids have graduated and I've moved from EC. I still love the Bucs and I'm planning to attend the scrimmage a week from this Friday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kourt1
    Newest Member
    Kourt1