lamar umpires strike again

Guest tigersvoice

Personally, I think if anyone KNOWS the real stories of what went on at Lamar this weekend with reference to the Umpires, they should share it with with members of this site that are interested.  Sounds like some crap took place - maybe some of us are involved in sporting events where it would behoove us to know what went down.

There were two new umps there today so i will check on what happened. I can say this, when it is hot and humid, I am not gonna listen to very much crap. One reason why i do very little summer league anymore cause there is no one to police what goes on.

I was there for both games. It was the same two guys from last night.

I thought I had seen it all in my nearly fifty years, but I have to say this weekend takes the cake.

I will say it again, these two have no business calling any game.

We heard they are from La. and been kicked out there too.

I doubt they will ever walk on the Lamar field again.

The umpire ejected a coach for supposedly cursing and then rattled off his own string of curse words in

every combination imaginable.

I did not hear the coach say anything, but all of Beaumont heard the umpires rants.

The Lamar staff did a good job of getting them out of the stadium, but they should have never been back to begin with.

There were two new umps there today so i will check on what happened. I can say this, when it is hot and humid, I am not gonna listen to very much crap. One reason why i do very little summer league anymore cause there is no one to police what goes on.

You must not ump at Babe Ruth. Speaking for most players, we have a great time with the umpires and joke consistently throughout the game. Very few times have I seen an arguement break out..

You must not ump at Babe Ruth. Speaking for most players, we have a great time with the umpires and joke consistently throughout the game. Very few times have I seen an arguement break out..

I did not mean what I said as far as all summer programs. It is mostly the select leagues that there are problems. Babe Ruth has always been a very relaxed place to call. Most of the time the trouble is from the travel teams. The guys at Lamar were way out of line from all reports I have received.

Guest gladiator2

The same 2 guys umpire out at ford park and have no business umpiring games because they are more concerned with what is going on outside the fence instead of the game inside. The one with the big mouth likes to throw people out for just about anything. I've seen him throw a kid's grandmother and father out of a game for almost nothing. They are  joke. They are banned from LA. I was kicked out from this same guy and it was a person that I did not even know arguing with him. He thought I had said something. I didn't have anything to do with either team, I was just watching.

Just to clarify a little something. TASO only has jurisdiction over umpires calling in UIL High School games. They are not officially assigned by TASO. We do look at the actions of umpires calling summer league games and our board of directors can decide if we want to take dues from a person. Summer leagues do scratch umpires with their assigner. One of those things that just has to run it's course and when there is no where for guys to call because of their actions, then we as TASO have a leg to stand on if we reject their dues. We have to let certain things happen or we could be sued for discrimination. You can not convict someone of what you heard went on in another state. It is just like in the courtroom we need reasonable doubt.

I'm sure TASO will handle it if they try to apply.

I dont have a dog in the fight anymore, but if you are worried about being sued, those two actually working in your organization is where your liability would be. Anyway....I have said my peace and will not comment any further.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin