Shetland - Tournament Thread - Updates

vhs

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TC played pretty good today in the 19-3 win.

Field was a little soggy from the rains this morning, but they got it in playing conditions.

When we arrived at noon the field was a swamp and the concession stand had 3-4 inches of water in it.  It was a swamp on the home side sides as well.

TC 1 played well today. However, one the Groves American coaches acted way out of line( once undefeated Yankee's coach(2 years except for getting beat by the TC Scrappers 17-5)). After getting beat once again by TC, he called one of the coaches to the parking lot because he wanted to fight. Seriously how mature are you, what is this high school? What a great example to set for the kids. The same coach acted almost the same way after getting beat in the Director's Tourney.  Hopefully the board at Groves American will take some kind of act against the guy, if not hopefully Pony will. Check the Pony rule book for punishments. 

Guest bbguru01

Good job Orange..I talked to a friend that was there and he said Vidor Impressed him with there hitting..

he said they have some HUGE kids..He also stated that TC was looking good.

LAWDAWG,

I am the Coach you are talking about! When we could not figure out what the team was doing rounding the bases while we were lined up to shake your hands, your coach called me out. I admit I should not have responded the way I did.

This is about the kids and y'all have one of the best teams I have seen. Congrats to TC A-Team.

Saw all the games today. 

Shiner:  Good job to Groves A today -- you came out hitting a lot better than Sat.  I know Vidor was disappointed but you guys played well.

Good job to both TC teams.  TC A won a good game against Orange A.  Both teams did a lot of great things.  It was a fun game to watch.

Finally, watch out for Port Arthur.  They impressed me with their speed and defense. 

Lots of fun.  We play tomorrow against PA.  It was HOT.  Wow.  Really hot.  And, in case I forget, bring some ant killer.  I think we all need to jump in and kill some ants.  I am not knocking PA -- I think they have been great hosts (and I love the music).  But only 1 guy can't do it all.  Let's give him a hand. 

Everyone (coaches) seemed to get along well today.  I hope that was not because our team was the only one that did not play.  :)

Seriously, congrats to everyone who is still in it. 

Congrats to TC and Orange who fought a great battle in the 3rd game.  Both teams had some great plays.  Twin County has looked good in both games so far. 

Congrats to Port Arthur.  I know that it was no fun for Orange being on the other end, but PA really came out to play tonight.  I don't know if anyone from Port Arthur frequents this board, but maybe someone could tell us if that is the first All-Star win for their league since it is so newly created.  I hope they have won before, but if not, Double congrats on the win tonight.

I know the forecast still calls for the rain this week, but I think we will get the games in this week.  The field is getting drier and drier and should be able to absorb some more water now.  Port Arthur has done a great job hosting considering.  I appreciate all the work.

Congrats to our T.C. teams once again!!!  Great job guys , and keep it up !    Congrats to all the teams in the tournament , the more i watch the more talent i see from all around our area. Good bunch of kids to expect alot out of as they get older.  Great job from all of you little guys.

P.S. - Shiner, thanks for the congrats, we didnt mean n-e thing about it, thats just the way we line up and shake-even in regular season.

Guest bbguru01

Bad news guys....It is thundering and lighting over here in mid county. I am about 5 miles from where yall play at and it dont sound good..It is fixing to come down and i read earlier where yalls field is in bad shape already from the rain..

Just wanted to give yall a heads up...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin