HJ vs. Silsbee game could be cancelled

hawks77

Guest DickVitale

???...This is the playoffs, not some pre-district game! They can CLOSE the game to spectators, because it is still considered a DISTRICT playoff..That is up to the district committee chair school for 22-3A...Now once the actual STATE UIL playoffs start, that is no longer an option...

???...This is the playoffs, not some pre-district game! They can CLOSE the game to spectators, because it is still considered a DISTRICT playoff..That is up to the district committee chair school for 22-3A...Now once the actual STATE UIL playoffs start, that is no longer an option...

If they choose not to play the game HJ will win by forfeit since HJ beat Silsbee by more points than Silsbee beat HJ

Guest DickVitale

If they choose not to play the game HJ will win by forfeit since HJ beat Silsbee by more points than Silsbee beat HJ

This is not football, either...Look at the UIL manual...Silsbee could altogether FORFEIT, but consequences come with doing that..Like I said, they can stop the fans from coming since it is not UIL playoffs yet, or forfeit...Those are the ONLY options at this point..

Guest DickVitale

I dont profess to know it all...(OK yes I do, but... ;D) I just don't see how they could just cancel a district playoff game like that...It would be a first, although I just don't see it happening.

Each district sets their own precedent in this case (district minutes/rules).

This district policy (21-3A) says:

If two teams are tied for first place they will be deemed co-champions and will play-off for seeding purposes in the play-offs.

There are three options in this situation:

1)  teams play

2)  coin flip (BOTH schools must agree to this)

3)  if school A wants to coin flip but school B refuses a coin flip then school A has the option to concede the first seed to school B

Guest DickVitale

Each district sets their own precedent in this case (district minutes/rules).

This district policy (21-3A) says:

If two teams are tied for first place they will be deemed co-champions and will play-off for seeding purposes in the play-offs.

There are three options in this situation:

1)  teams play

2)  coin flip (BOTH schools must agree to this)

3)  if school A wants to coin flip but school B refuses a coin flip then school A has the option to concede the first seed to school B

YES...And there it is! Thanks for the clarification...But what happens AFTER they have already decided to play...You cannot concede at that point.

Guest DickVitale

I dont profess to know it all...(OK yes I do, but... ;D) I just don't see how they could just cancel a district playoff game like that...It would be a first, although I just don't see it happening.

Right, yet again!! ;D

Guest nostradamus
Quote from: DickVitale on Today at 12:59:17 PM

I dont profess to know it all...(OK yes I do, but... ) I just don't see how they could just cancel a district playoff game like that...It would be a first, although I just don't see it happening.

Right, yet again!!

That doesn't mean you are right.  It means you guessed right.  They COULD have cancelled if they wanted to.  They chose not to or never intended to.

Guest DickVitale

No, I was right because I stated that I did not see HOW that was going to happen in a district playoff situation...In pre-district, yes its possible, but in this situation the options were limited, and I said that, therefore, I was RIGHT. Again.

Guest nostradamus

Here's HOW it could have happened:

Coach decides after setting the game that he likes the route the second place team would have.  Since teams are already co-champions and he knows the other team will insist on playing in lieu of a coin flip the coach concedes the game because he wants the second place route. 

That's HOW it COULD have happened.

There ya go.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin