SC in favor of coach's prayers

WOSdrummer99

1 hour ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

Not sure why this even had to go this far SMH.. Let the coach and ppl pray

The liberals that are running/ruining the country.  Agree with you on this one.  I’ve said it more than once here, God is going to have to apologize to the ppl of Sodom and Gomorrah.  The U.S. is far worse than they were, and look at what happened to them.

From the way I have read this case, this is what it comes down to it.

We all know Supreme Court  decisions have said that teachers in class or at school functions cannot lead prayer. The Supreme Court has said however that everyone has a right to pray at any time as long as it does not interfere with the rights of others. So if you’re in the middle of English class, you can’t walk up in front of class it’s start chanting verses because that disrupts a class and interferes with rights of another person. You can sit in your seat and pray anytime you wish.

If I am reading yes case correctly, a football coach has a duty to the school and the law. His team played a football game and it is over. He could have just as well walked up to the district superintendent in the stands and asked, “Am I now off duty and free to go where I wish?” I cannot imagine any other answer other than, yes. You can go to the locker room and talk to your kids, you could drive to a fast food place and get your burger or you can go home.

So the coach walked to the football field, kneele and says a brief prayer.

Did he violate the constitution? Did he interfere with anyone else’s right to go about their business or have their rights violated?

The game is over and some players have headed to the locker room. So are hanging around and mingling with a crowd, talking to parents etc.

Some have gone to where the coach is saying a prayer and decided to pray with him. did they violate anyone’s right? Since they are now free to go, can they pray as they wish?

Just just not seem like a difficult decision. A coach on his own time and within his own constitutional right, he decided to pray. He interfered with no one else and he’s not compelling anyone to do anything. Fo that he was terminated.

It seems it was the coach who had his First Amendment rights violated, not any students or anyone else.

Not a constitutional right but written federal law in the EEOC, it appears that he has a job discrimination claim against the district. Federal law bans discrimination at work  based on sex, race, national origin, religion, pregnancy and age (which is over 40). So was he off duty and they completely blew his rights out of the water by saying that he cannot pray on his own time or he was on duty and not allowed to pray when it does not interfere with his job?

Either way this coach should get a hefty settlement of the school district.

The strangest part of this decision was the fact that three liberal judges felt that he had no right to pray and he violated someone else’s constitutional rights when he did.