4A DI Top 25

On 6/27/2022 at 4:57 AM, purpleeagle said:

Not downgrading Vidor, just thought they should have been in the top 20.

Other than the 3 point loss to LBJ in SC game, Vidor played CH the closest in playoffs, only losing by 5.  That’s after the Pirates were down to 3rd string RB.  Just numbers, but still, I agree. Pirates should’ve definitely been in top 25.  Still, something to be said about the element of surprise.  Sure will miss that man/child at NG.  

On 6/26/2022 at 5:18 PM, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Seriously, Vidor probably beats lumberton and lcm regardless of rank. It doesnt matter how high they are ranked because they arent getting past anyone in that top 10 list

Between Peavy hand laying the new turf and Bridge City and WOS athletes flocking to play for the him, no chance anyone in this district touches LCM.  State championship coming soon.

On 6/28/2022 at 2:12 PM, Hagar said:

Other than the 3 point loss to LBJ in SC game, Vidor played CH the closest in playoffs, only losing by 5.  That’s after the Pirates were down to 3rd string RB.  Just numbers, but still, I agree. Pirates should’ve definitely been in top 25.  Still, something to be said about the element of surprise.  Sure will miss that man/child at NG.  

being somebody has always gotta nick pick things these days (lol).

My friend CH played LBJ in semi-finals.

LBJ then played Stephenville in SC game.

1 hour ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

being somebody has always gotta nick pick things these days (lol).

My friend CH played LBJ in semi-finals.

LBJ then played Stephenville in SC game.

Lol, thanks for the correction.  Still, indicates the Pirates were capable of being one of the top teams, especially if not for the big IF - the devastating RB injuries.  For the shotgun offenses, a minor setback, but for the Slot T, BAM.  Anyway, water under the bridge.  A tad less than two months away from a new year and new teams.  You can almost feel the excitement and anticipation.  And come Friday, August 26, the Pirates will get to break in the new turf field in Silsbee.  I think it’s a great matchup, and if anything like last years game, going to be a barn burner.

LCMs biggest loss was Ashton Landry at qb. He left big shoes to fill. There are several guys returning on both sides of the ball, but i'm curious to see how we look at the qb position. As far as our district, Vidor will be tough as always (we have struggled the past several years slowing down that slot t!)...Lumberton should be tough, and as always Huffman will be competing for the top spot.  Havent heard much on Splendora or Livingston.

44 minutes ago, BattlinBear02 said:

LCMs biggest loss was Ashton Landry at qb. He left big shoes to fill. There are several guys returning on both sides of the ball, but i'm curious to see how we look at the qb position. As far as our district, Vidor will be tough as always (we have struggled the past several years slowing down that slot t!)...Lumberton should be tough, and as always Huffman will be competing for the top spot.  Havent heard much on Splendora or Livingston.

No doubt, Landry is what made defending that offense difficult. Kid could run but was accurate in his passing. Did he get any offers to play college ball? Great ball player!

1 hour ago, PirateNole984 said:

I look for Vidor to have a good season.  Excited about the QB!

Wonder if he’ll pull a Quirante and start both ways?  Doing QB & MLB with a Slot T offense takes a special kind of kid.

13 hours ago, Hagar said:

Wonder if he’ll pull a Quirante and start both ways?  Doing QB & MLB with a Slot T offense takes a special kind of kid.

What I am hearing is I believe they have 2 other QB’s that will get some touches also. I know one for sure can fly and is tough to bring down one on one because of his shiftyness. The kid also has a pretty decent arm for the few pass plays Vidor runs.