13. Sinton             11-2       4/6

14. Van                  12-1       4/6

15. Lago Vista      10-4       5/8

16. Salado             7-4        5/6

17. Jasper              6-5        7/4

18. Devine             8-3        6/8

19. Sunnyvale        6-6       6/6

20. Ingleside          9-3        7/6

Pretty high for us to…. Losing Briggs and Reece is gonna hurt… We do have a couple good sophomore’s ready to step up, but Bellville will be back to more of a traditional ground and pound and defensive strategy to win ballgames. I will say we will be big on the O line and D line this year which is a plus.  Sophomore DL DJ Sanders got a Baylor offer earlier this summer and I have a feeling it won’t be the last.

27 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Pretty high for us to…. Losing Briggs and Reece is gonna hurt… We do have a couple good sophomore’s ready to step up, but Bellville will be back to more of a traditional ground and pound and defensive strategy to win ballgames. I will say we will be big on the O line and D line this year which is a plus.  Sophomore DL DJ Sanders got a Baylor offer earlier this summer and I have a feeling it won’t be the last.

Not just to be a hater, but how does a team that lost in the first round last year to a team that lost in the second round find themselves ranked at #9? 

Just predictions more than rankings, I guess. 

58 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Not just to be a hater, but how does a team that lost in the first round last year to a team that lost in the second round find themselves ranked at #9? 

It has to do with "this year" not being "last year". Teams do not always perform the same from year to year. There have been scenarios where a team "won a State Championship one year" and then "did not win a State Championship the next year". In extreme case, teams that "did not make the playoffs one year" actually "made the playoffs the next year".

Just now, 89Falcon said:

It has to do with "this year" not being "last year". Teams do not always perform the same from year to year. There have been scenarios where a team "won a State Championship one year" and then "did not win a State Championship the next year".  

Of course... but it's kinda junky to say "here are our rankings, based on zero evidence/performance.... it's a guess, honestly."  I can even understand teams ending up with a higher ranking than they deserve for this year based on performances last year by kids who have graduated.  But at least there's a little bit of credibility there, even if it's only by inference or association.  But to say, "yeah, the last time we saw this team they were literally getting shelled by a kinda crappy team that lost the next week.  But that makes them a nine in my book" means the rankings are just a popularity contest and mean nothing.  

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

My post was about Bellville. I’m assuming your talking about Silsbee though lol

39 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

That rivalry game between Silsbee and Bridge City oughta be a fun one eh?? 😁

I didn't say that, lol.  

I felt kinda the same way when we were ranked fairly high at the start of the 2017 season... it was based on our 2016 record and a bunch those kids were gone.  It felt like our ranking was too high, but it was understandable because it was at least based on a record.  Silsbee's 2022 ranking is just puzzling. I mean, imagine if for some unknown reason Texas Tech was ranked in the NCAA top ten this preseason. 

Huh?  Based on what? A good receiver prospect?

45 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

My post was about Bellville. I’m assuming your talking about Silsbee though lol

Yes... that's the intended recipient of all of the shade I'm throwing.  They could very well turn out to be a top ten team, who knows?  I just don't see a reason to rank them so highly now.  There were literally 63 other teams with playoffs equally 

I think WOS's ranking might be higher than they will actually end up placing based on the changes in the program, but at least they earned theirs, so to speak.