Predictions for district 9-5A DII

• prepballfan changed the title to Predictions for district 9-5A DII
12 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

1. Marhsall

2. Dayton 

I don't know what FBM has coming back, but they are not nearly as tough as their reputation. They were undefeated and supposed to effortlessly roll over 5-5 BH in the 1st round of the playoffs last year, but BH came out and punched them in their mouth and doubled them up 42-21. This illustrates how a weak district does not get you ready. A gaudy 10-0 record does not mean a thing if you don't play anyone. 9-5A-ll is wide open. 

4 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I don't know what FBM has coming back, but they are not nearly as tough as their reputation. They were undefeated and supposed to effortlessly roll over 5-5 BH in the 1st round of the playoffs last year, but BH came out and punched them in their mouth and doubled them up 42-21. This illustrates how a weak district does not get you ready. A gaudy 10-0 record does not mean a thing if you don't play anyone. 9-5A-ll is wide open. 

For some reason, I feel like FBM has made it further than the 1st round in recent years. Is FBM normally defeated in the 1st round? How did they get "their reputation"?

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

For some reason, I feel like FBM has made it further than the 1st round in recent years. Is FBM normally defeated in the 1st round? How did they get "their reputation"?

As far as their history, you could easily look that up.

As for last year, FBM was undefeated, ranked Top Ten, had a lot of blow out wins, and they were highly hyped in print and TV media. 

Then BH happened to them in the 1st round. The fact that BH beat them is not totally shocking, but the way they did was eye popping. BH simply ran right through them. I don't think 9-5A-ll teams have to be terrified out of their minds. 

The reason I comment on this is to give our former district mates in 9-5A-ll some encouragement. I will still support our former district rivals.  

16 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

As for last year, FBM was undefeated, ranked Top Ten, had a lot of blow out wins, and they were highly hyped in print and TV media. 

Then BH happened to them in the 1st round. The fact that BH beat them is not totally shocking, but the way they did was eye popping. BH simply ran right through them. I don't think 9-5A-ll teams have to be terrified out of their minds. 

The reason I comment on this is to give our former district mates in 9-5A-ll some encouragement. I will still support our former district rivals.  

Got it. Last year discounts the previous to trips to the State Championship Game. There is not one person on planet Earth who would not pick FBM to win this district. 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

In the 5 years prior to last season FBM made it all 5 regional finals and played in two state title games. Their bad year last year they went 10-1. They got their reputation by doing stuff like beating Manvel by 30 in a regional final and beating our district champ 49-0 in a third round game. They usually have the most talent of any 5A school in the area outside of Manvel to go with one of the top 10 coaches in the area. Teams can have off nights but their reputation is very well deserved. 

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

Based on y’all’s predictions Dayton has turned it around.  I still remember some years back when they owned the Golden Triangle.  Lately they’ve  gone through some horrendous seasons.  Glad to see the Broncos getting back in the game.

It looks like Dayton's participation rates have improved mixed with the fact that they have a very talented sophomore class that will contribute next year. Coach Ware also comes from New Caney where they're well versed in talent acquisition which I think may be a reason they have Sunshine out there at QB now. If they can keep the participation rates up Dayton is going to be in a pretty good spot until they feel the impact of that new sub-division on their enrollment and have to move up a class. 

20 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Predictions for our district? Let us here your thoughts????!!!!

Dayton    
Fort Bend Marshall    
Fort Bend Willowridge    
Galena Park    
Nederland    
Port Neches-Groves    
Santa Fe    
Texas City

I'm high on PNG because of what they have coming back but it's just hard to predict anything with a first year coach? On one hand I feel like with what they're returning anything less than 10-3 would be somewhat disappointing. On the other hand I feel like 9-4 with a first year coach is dang near as solid as it gets. 

1. FB Marshall - Most pedigree in recent years, most talent and the best proven head coach to date. I have a feeling they'll be out to prove a point this year and their non-district schedule of Klein, Crosby and Alief Taylor should have them more than ready for district play. I think they'll play Liberty Hill in the semis 

2. Texas City - If they could score they might be in the conversation to battle for the region. Expect a lot more of the same of what you saw from them last year. The only real impactful loss they had is their QB and according to the TC fans his little brother is better anyway. 

3. PNG - Like those old BH teams, PNG is still struggling to defend on the edges. We'll see what the new offense looks like but picking them 3rd really should matter since they went three deep from the three-hole anyway last year. 

4. Dayton - It will only be the 5th game of the year but I think they go over to Mid-County and play the Dogs for a playoff spot. Biggest question I have is if Dayton can stem the tide of being beat down at the line of scrimmage the last several years? 

5. Nederland - No doubt their biggest game is MCM but if Ned can't beat Dayton at home week 5 they might be on skates the rest of the season. The 27.5ppg they averaged last year won't get it done this year either. Ned needs several pieces but it wouldn't surprise me if they end up with the best statistical defense in the district. 

6. Galena Park - Went to their playoff game with PNG last year and was pretty surprised with how decent they were at the line of scrimmage. That being said, their skill guys left a lot to be desired. They're going to give a couple teams some tough nights with that style of offense but that about all they'll probably do. 

7. FB Willowridge - They have a new coach and those Mo City athletes are nothing to sneeze at but it's hard to see them putting it together enough to really cause any trouble in the district. I will say though, be careful going over there to play them as it will be a long ride to an unfamiliar place which usually causes some discomfort. 

8. Bye Week - most teams should be able to go undefeated against them.

9. Santa Fe - Situation is borderline HISD level as far as competition. No explanation needed as I'm sure it's tough enough for them. 

I would not at all be surprised to see three of the top 5 teams in the region come from this district. I think other salty teams in the region will be Austin LBJ, Leander Rouse and possibly Bryan Rudder. 

On 6/16/2022 at 4:18 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

It looks like Dayton's participation rates have improved mixed with the fact that they have a very talented sophomore class that will contribute next year. Coach Ware also comes from New Caney where they're well versed in talent acquisition which I think may be a reason they have Sunshine out there at QB now. If they can keep the participation rates up Dayton is going to be in a pretty good spot until they feel the impact of that new sub-division on their enrollment and have to move up a class. 

Dang. That new subdivision that big for them to move up to Div 1? I didn’t think they were that close to being moved up. 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Dang. That new subdivision that big for them to move up to Div 1? I didn’t think they were that close to being moved up. 

I think alot of young families will move into that subdivision. I'll try to post the old article on it. 

This is the hidden content, please

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity
Added article link

Not sure were the Indians end up but with Crippen throwing to Prosperie and the moving of a few of the 17 returners around I really like what I see talent and energy wise during my two practices and two spring games. Shea Adams the big back up Qb is also our new 6'4" slot receiver. He is very fast and athletic. By the way Crippens 3084 yards and Prosperies 1500+ put them right up at the top of our single season records. All 5 lineman are back though one has moved to nose tackle. The offensive line lead by Jansen Ware who had 5 offers just last month will be huge and a strong point for the Indians. Katys former defensive coordinator has been working wonders with the defense. Cant wait to see them line up and scrimmage LCM then play PAM.

2 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Not sure were the Indians end up but with Crippen throwing to Prosperie and the moving of a few of the 17 returners around I really like what I see talent and energy wise during my two practices and two spring games. Shea Adams the big back up Qb is also our new 6'4" slot receiver. He is very fast and athletic. By the way Crippens 3084 yards and Prosperies 1500+ put them right up at the top of our single season records. All 5 lineman are back though one has moved to nose tackle. The offensive line lead by Jansen Ware who had 5 offers just last month will be huge and a strong point for the Indians. Katys former defensive coordinator has been working wonders with the defense. Cant wait to see them line up and scrimmage LCM then play PAM.

17 returners. Wow didn’t realize so many, great news for the Indians. They should have another great successful season. 

31 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

17 returners. Wow didn’t realize so many, great news for the Indians. They should have another great successful season. 

Thought it was 35 returning starters? I gotta get on the horn with my Mid-County connect again. 

Was watching some highlights from the state 7 on 7 tournament and noticed that Ja’Koby Banks wasn’t playing qb for FB Marshall. I mentioned earlier in the year that FBM got a stud transfer at QB and that they might be more potent if Banks moves to the slot where he’s committed to UH. Well, the kid playing QB didn’t look like the transfer either? 

I thought FBM’s qb play held them back from being the caliber team they were expected to be last year. If Coach Williams has already gotten that situation fixed prior to fall camp then man, watch out! 

I think having to make tough decisions at the most important position on the field like James Williams and Jeff Riordan had/have to do goes to show that the GM part of being a high school coach probably carries just as much weight as developing a great scheme. 

On 6/16/2022 at 2:40 PM, Separation Scientist said:

If I remember correctly BH was down 21-0 before they got started. FBM speed advantage was on full display coming out the gate. However BH was as tough as they come last year. I think the  difference ended up being that BH had been in tough games all year and FBM had not. Once BH weathered the initial storm they just were more physical and battle tested and FBM fell apart including the coach. I expect them to be better this year with the new schedule. They should have the speed advantage in this region and hopefully for them the new schedule will humble them. With all that being said.  

1)FBM

2) Texas City

3) PNG

4) Dayton 

On 6/20/2022 at 11:42 AM, prepballfan said:

Those  #'s are not surprising coming from the offensive minded Brandon Faircloth. It was fun to watch his offense, that's for sure