Dayton SQT Pools and Info

55 minutes ago, sooner said:

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

Let me look at the schedule, you tell me where the wins are ?

@ Porter

vs Waltrip

@ Montgomery

vs Santa Fe

@ Nederland

vs Galena Park

@ PNG

vs Texas City

@ FB Willowridge

vs FB Marshall

The only game that is a "no" is Marshall. Everything else is in play. Dayton program is among the most disciplined in the region and will take form this year. Surprise "move in QB" will also be a game changer that put them ahead of schedule. 

My takeaways from the meaningless touch football weekend:

Crosby got hammered all three games Friday in the Dickinson tournament. I think the secondary will be improved from what it was last year but still, too many coverage busts with 7 to cover 5. Crosby receivers need to make more plays on the football when given the opportunity. Conversely, Myles needs to get off his primary reads faster and take more chances to give those receivers chances to make plays on the football. That being said, it's hard to teach a kid to take a chance throwing an interception when he can pull it down and run for over 1,300 yards.  

In past years we've kind of assumed Dayton would improve due to not being able to get any worse but they've been proving us wrong. Crosby's '25 class is extremely talented but Dayton has been hammering them since little league though. I said that to highlight the fact Dayton is probably going to start a bunch of sophomores this year. I guess they played 8 freshman on the varsity last year according to one of their fans? These most recent years Dayton just hasn't had the personnel to compete at a high level, especially at the skill positions. Again, this is touch football but the offensive skill guys I saw look like they'll end up being McBride/Keener level type players. I think PNG will have the single most productive receiver in the district with Prosperie but I think Dayton will have the best overall receiving core if healthy. QB is a big kid with a big arm and good mobility. Now, Dayton may give up 40ppg on defense and still struggle making everything else a moot point? My bold prediction though is that Dayton shows up on The Reservation 6-0 or 5-1. I think the Broncos have a bit of their swagger back, kids were talking trash to Crosby and the coaches had to step in and separate the players after the game.  

Huntsville wasn't great last year and I don't think they'll be very good this year unless they were missing a lot of skill guys? That being said, the Hornets biggest sting is at the line of scrimmage and that can't be accounted for in a skelly session. 

I won't go into detail because of the sensitivity of their posters but I think BH will have a little more trouble scoring than they did last year, especially at the beginning of the season while Herndon is out. I was also informed that one of our '27 QBs is transferring to BH. I'm extremely high on this kid, my comparison for him would be Holdren with a much better arm. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see, and somewhat expect him to be BH's starting QB after the current starter graduates. 

1 hour ago, sooner said:

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

Let me look at the schedule, you tell me where the wins are ?

@ Porter

vs Waltrip

@ Montgomery

vs Santa Fe

@ Nederland

vs Galena Park

@ PNG

vs Texas City

@ FB Willowridge

vs FB Marshall

Porter, Waltrip, Montgomery, Santa Fe, Nederland, Galena Park and Willowridge. I think they also have a very good chance to beat PNG if the Indian defense is similar to last year. This all hinges on Dayton staying healthy of course.