🏈 Hardin Hires Lumberton O/C Jake Smith 🏈

1 hour ago, rolltide3315 said:

Why can’t we just congratulate the guy and move on no need for useless BS, give the community and the team a chance and move on! 

It's all good natured humor amongst posters, give us a chance with our useless bs. No harm intended towards Hardin. 

5 hours ago, rolltide3315 said:

Why can’t we just congratulate the guy and move on no need for useless BS, give the community and the team a chance and move on! 

Amen bro! I do not see the constant SNARK thrown about here accomplishing a thing. Why people thrive on tearing down others is beyond me.

I wish Hardin and the new coach all the BEST!  

Here's the question: Will he be allowed to bring in his own staff and begin implementing his own program? Think about it, Hardin has not hired an unfamiliar coach since Tod Stark, and that lasted about half a season. Haynes has been hired twice and Barrier has family all over the school, both teachers and students. This has traditionally been Hardin's Achilles heel. Even when they have gotten promising coaches to take the job, the community, parents and school board can't get out of the way long enough to give the guy a chance. I saw this announcement on Twitter last night, and there is a ton of positive energy around Coach Smith from many txhsfb coaches throughout the state. This leads me to believe they may have gotten a real good one with this hire. Those in Hardin need to stand down for a couple of years and let him work. If you will let him bring his own staff and let him lay the foundations of a program from the 7th grade on up, you might just have a chance to improve your program. Only time will tell....

Best of luck to the new coach. Hopefully he can get the kids to buy into his system. Remembering several years back when a coach (Alvarez) came to Kirbyville from W. Sabine and turned that program around.  
I think it was Bear Bryant that said “winning isn’t everything but it beats the h... out of coming in second”.

On 6/7/2022 at 12:22 PM, 2wedge said:

Here's the question: Will he be allowed to bring in his own staff and begin implementing his own program? Think about it, Hardin has not hired an unfamiliar coach since Tod Stark, and that lasted about half a season. Haynes has been hired twice and Barrier has family all over the school, both teachers and students. This has traditionally been Hardin's Achilles heel. Even when they have gotten promising coaches to take the job, the community, parents and school board can't get out of the way long enough to give the guy a chance. I saw this announcement on Twitter last night, and there is a ton of positive energy around Coach Smith from many txhsfb coaches throughout the state. This leads me to believe they may have gotten a real good one with this hire. Those in Hardin need to stand down for a couple of years and let him work. If you will let him bring his own staff and let him lay the foundations of a program from the 7th grade on up, you might just have a chance to improve your program. Only time will tell....

Surely you jest.  Remember.. he’s not athletic director.  I’m not sure if he can hire anyone.. at all.  Hopefully he’s at least in on the interviews and making suggestions.  But..

• 3 weeks later...