Former United HC new OC for Memorial

Was coach Graham calling plays, if so I understand the animus? BU's offense was very inept this year but if the OC was calling plays are y'all sure the offensive issues were Graham's fault? He was the head coach so he'll rightly get the blame for the overall performance of the team but why do y'all think he wouldn't be a good assistant either? Some guy just aren't cut out for the leading role but do well as a supporting cast member. 

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Was coach Graham calling plays, if so I understand the animus? BU's offense was very inept this year but if the OC was calling plays are y'all sure the offensive issues were Graham's fault? He was the head coach so he'll rightly get the blame for the overall performance of the team but why do y'all think he wouldn't be a good assistant either? Some guy just aren't cut out for the leading role but do well as a supporting cast member. 

going 0-30 at one point whether you are lead man or an assistant for sure doesn’t help people's outlook.

4 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I don't know a thing about this guy but 8-12 at BU is not the worst thing ever. 

The 0-30 at EP Soccoro is meaningless. 

last option then 33-34 at Burgess. hell may as well say it's all meaningless uh?

41-76 combined head coach record. but hey as an assistant I am sure he will shine.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:55 AM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

going 0-30 at one point whether you are lead man or an assistant for sure doesn’t help people's outlook.

Chad Morris went 18-40 as a head coach, are you saying that should somehow diminish his accomplishments as an offensive coordinator at Tulsa and Clemson? I'm not sure how many college programs would want him as a head coach right now but I'm sure lots of them would love to have him as an assistant. 

On 6/8/2022 at 12:16 PM, sooner said:

Eric Mangini

Terrible head coach.   One of the greatest coordinators the game ever seen.

Not a good example in all reality.

Mangini head coach record

2006 New York Jets  10-6 (AFC coach of the year)

2007)  4-12 

2008) 9-7

followed by two 5-11 seasons at the dumpster fire aka Cleveland Browns.

by the way, at the time he was hired in New York he was the youngest head coach in NFL

On 6/8/2022 at 8:13 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Chad Morris went 18-40 as a head coach, are you saying that should somehow diminish his accomplishments as an offensive coordinator at Tulsa and Clemson? I'm not sure how many college programs would want him as a head coach right now but I'm sure lots of them would love to have him as an assistant. 

18-40 as a College HC but also 169-38 Highschool HC with the latter getting him noticed and offered jobs.

Shined at Tulsa and Clemson.

Hired in 2014 as SMU HC and improved his record every year. Going 2-10 in 2015,  5-7 in 2016, and 7-5 in 2017.

In only his 4th year as a College HC signed on to the Murderers Row that is the S E C.  Was 4-18. 

If 4 wins in 8 games fewer vs DI SEC is your worst stint as HC  it is   >  than 0-30 stint at the highschool level  a hundred times over. 

The El Paso boo hoo card of "we'll it's not that popular so on and so forth" is exactly why if your a good enough coach you get at least LOL 1 win in 3 seasons.

I guarantee you Morris wouldn't be 0-30 at any El Paso school and he would have done better than 8-12 at United.

Do you think Marcus Graham could have Coached the great 2008 and 2009 Lake Travis teams to back to back 16-0 records? What about winning more than 4 games in not even 2 full DI seasons. You think Graham would have?  No and No.