CLASS 4A REGIONAL FINALS SCHEDULES, UPDATES & SCORES

KF89

Region I

Argyle (32-3-1)   vs.   Stephenville (24-9-1)

Game 1- Argyle- 8   Stephenville- 1   Final
Game 2- Argyle 4 Stephenville 0   Final

ARGYLE ADVANCES To STATE TOURNAMENT 

Region II

Spring Hill (32-3)  vs.  Celina (30-3-1)
Game 1- Spring Hill- 5   Celina- 2  Final
Game 2- Celina- 5   Spring Hill- 2  Final
Game 3-Celina- 11 Spring Hill- 2  Final

CELINA  Advances to State Tournament 

Region III

Carthage (25-9-2)  vs.  China Spring (30-8)
Game 1- China Spring- 3   Carthage- 2  Final  8 innings
Game 2- China Spring- 3 Carthage- 2

CHINA SPRING Advances to State Tournament 

Region IV

C.C. Calallen (30-8-1)  vs.  Sinton (33-1)
Sinton- 3  Calallen- 1  Final  (Sinton  Advances to State Tournament

Sinton Advances to State Tournament

• KF89 changed the title to CLASS 4A REGIONAL FINALS MATCH UPS
  • KF89 changed the title to CLAhttps://www.setxsports.com/ip/index.php?/topic/239451-class-4a-regional-finals-match-ups/SS 4A REGIONAL FINALS MATCH UPS
  • KF89 featured this topic
1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

Apparently the region 4 final has sold out whataburger field in corpus tonight. 7500 for a 4A High School baseball game is pretty good lol

Coastal Bend Area shows up for high school baseball playoff games especially when these 2 teams play 

• KF89 changed the title to CLASS 4A REGIONAL FINALS SCHEDULES, UPDATES & SCORES

China Spring Snatches 3-2 win from Carthage Bulldogs with walk off 2 run double in eight innings

The Carthage Bulldogs baseball team was one out away from taking Game 1 of the best-of-three 4A Region III championship series against China Spring.

Then Bryce Tabor, who was 0-for-3 with two strikeouts, came to bat. Tabor laced a two-RBI double to right center to give China Spring the walk off 3-2 victory over Carthage in eight innings Thursday night at Prosper High School.

The Bulldogs will play Game 2 at 5 p.m. Friday at Prosper High School, and if necessary, Game 3 will take place 30 minutes following the conclusion of Game 2.

“It was a good baseball game, we just didn’t come out on top,” Carthage Coach Jason Causey said. “We walked a guy, and if we don’t walk a guy late in the inning maybe something happens with that run. We had opportunities throughout the course of the game to capitalize and get a run here or there, and we didn’t. At the end of the day we just didn’t make enough plays to win the game.”

Carthage took their first lead of the game in the top of the eighth inning when Todd Register hit a one out triple. The junior catcher would score on a Marcus Rosales wild pitch that sent the Bulldogs dugout into frenzy.

Sophomore reliever Matthew Smith, who had pitched perfect through 1 and 1/3 innings, came into the eighth and got leadoff hitter Jase Garrett to ground out before walking Brayden Faulkner. Smith got Cage McCloud to ground out before allowing a single to Trace Necessary and the game winner to Tabor.

“Runs were scarce,” Register said. “One error or one bad pitch could determine the game, and they got two runners on and had a timely hit and won. That’s how baseball is sometimes.”

Carthage starter Javarian Roquemore and China Spring starter Kolby Killough put on a pitchers duel until both surpassed the their 110-pitch maximum pitch count allowed.

Roquemore threw 5 and 2/3 innings, allowed just one hit, one unearned run, five walks and struck out nine.

Killough pitched seven innings, allowed seven hits, one earned run, walked two, hit a batter and struck out 10.

“We pitched well, we gave up three runs in eight innings,” Causey said. “To be honest with you, the run they scored early on was off an error, so the fact of the matter is if we play defense early on it’s a 2-1 or 1-0 game.”

The Cougars scored the first run of the game when courtesy runner Gabe Watkins scored 

on a Bulldogs’ fielding error.

The Bulldogs tied the game 1-1 in the top of fifth when China Spring did a bit of a surprising move. The Cougars opted to intentionally walk leadoff hitter Noah Paddie to put runners on first and second base to pitch to Connor Cuff. 

Cuff — who struck out in his two prior at bats in the game — made China Spring pay and delivered an RBI double to left centerfield scoring pinch runner Patrick Malone.

“I had two bad at bats before that, so I knew I needed to step up and help my team in the moment,” Cuff said. “We are just going to keep playing how we do. I think we have it in us. Just stay in ourselves and play to our abilities, I think we have it.”

In the game, Carthage had eight hits to just three from China Spring.

Tabor had an outfield assist throwing out Register, who was trying to score on a Braden Smith single that kept the game 1-0 in favor of the Cougars in the fourth inning.

Paddie went 2-for-3 with a double, Smith 2-4 while Brooks Brewster and Cade Moore both singled.

“It didn’t come out like we wanted to,” Register said. “I thought we fought hard and until the last pitch. They had a good pitcher but we did what we could with him. We didn’t win, but I think we played really good.”

Carthage took nothing away from China Spring and credited them with being able to pull out Game 1 of the best of three series.

“I think it was a hard fought game — both sides,” Cuff said. “At the end they just came out on top, they are good. They earned it for sure.”

• KF89 unfeatured this topic