Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead

tvc184

14 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

So what's the compromise to fix this? Until something of substance is agreed upon by both sides, this won't end. We have some intelligent people here. What are your thoughts? (For full disclosure, I'm avidly pro-2nd Amendment, but I do not own guns for reasons I won't disclose...)

There is no compromise in my opinion.

It certainly isn’t a gun problem.  You could attempt to completely confiscate all guns but then the 2A goes out the window. A person or two could kill or maim 100 children in a couple of minutes having never possessed a firearm.

We have created a society that is now allowed to create such people. Can you ever put crap back in the horse once it’s out?

Crazy people have always been around. Just look at 1927, almost 100 years ago, as an example. The difference is not that it could or hasn’t happened in the past but we have taken the reins off the horse and let him go free.

• Hagar changed the title to Uvalde School Shooting, 15 Dead
1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This was truly very sad and heartbreaking all around.  My prayers go out to all families involved.  I’m glad the shooter was put out of his misery.

It on another note, I feel that the Buffalo shooter should’ve gotten blown away as well.  He was peaceful taken away…

Blown away?  Me too, and good riddance.

2 hours ago, tvc184 said:

There is no compromise in my opinion.

It certainly isn’t a gun problem.  You could attempt to completely confiscate all guns but then the 2A goes out the window. A person or two could kill or maim 100 children in a couple of minutes having never possessed a firearm.

We have created a society that is now allowed to create such people. Can you ever put crap back in the horse once it’s out?

Crazy people have always been around. Just look at 1927, almost 100 years ago, as an example. The difference is not that it could or hasn’t happened in the past but we have taken the reins off the horse and let him go free.

This right here

i could write a whole lot on this matter given what I see and deal with on a daily basis. A huge difference in my childhood vs the last 20-25 years of children.  
im sure you could as well given your experience.

i know exactly how we have gotten to this point but I’m not going to express it here. 
it’s a terrible feeling to send my kids off to school just like those parents in uvalde knowing something like this could happen all because of some misled teenager…….

prayers to all those involved. 

Just now, thetragichippy said:

The left seems to be going straight to gun control and passing laws before letting the parents mourn. 

I hope I’m wrong but it’s almost like they didn’t get enough traction on Roe versus Wade, they are going to attempt to capitalize on this tragedy 

I’m sure Beto will use this come this November 

1 hour ago, thetragichippy said:

The left seems to be going straight to gun control and passing laws before letting the parents mourn. 

I hope I’m wrong but it’s almost like they didn’t get enough traction on Roe versus Wade, they are going to attempt to capitalize on this tragedy 

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Democrats coming out with their gun control nonsense already.

Best defense against a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

They know this.

Well dang

i was hoping y’all were wrong…..that’s has to be a record…..it just happened.

Now come on (shame on me)of course they are gonna use this….they use evil to promote evil.

maybe if the major news outlets would show y’all pictures of the dead babies that are killed everyday ……..well then again probably not.  Life is precious ……..or is it not? 

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead