Kelly Hires Mike Long as new Head Coach

1 hour ago, sooner said:

Verbal or on paper....... You guys need to understand that when a D1 has this type of interest in a kid at 15 years old, they believe he will develop into quite the trigger man.  And we're not talking about one university.  We are talking about 12 who are looking at him hard and heavy.  Lets all remember that our opinions don't carry near the weight as those who are doing the recruiting.

All offers at this point are verbal.

On 5/21/2022 at 3:25 PM, wbfan said:

Brook with Jenkins under center has a shot at a championship if he keeps getting better and develops into the 4 or 5 star recruit everyone thinks he will be in a few years.

Ehh still behind your traditional powers like North Shore, Katy, ETC…

On 5/21/2022 at 3:25 PM, wbfan said:

Brook with Jenkins under center has a shot at a championship if he keeps getting better and develops into the 4 or 5 star recruit everyone thinks he will be in a few years.

Gonna take a lot more than a 4-5 star QB for West Brook to win a 6A title 

2 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Should be a fun ride thru district & playoffs with all these 4\5 star ,D1 guys from Kelly transfering to West Brook & putting the Bruins in contention with the top 6A programs in the state😎

Northshore and Atascosita have more stars than they know what to do with, but I am sure WB will still be glad to have all the help they can get.

5 hours ago, KF89 said:

Should be a fun ride thru district & playoffs with all these 4\5 star ,D1 guys from Kelly transfering to West Brook & putting the Bruins in contention with the top 6A programs in the state. How did Kelly not dominate with these studs running around the TAPPS Division?

The one WR that I think people are talking about was initially at WB. He transferred and played for Kelly and now he's going back to WB.

17 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Gonna take a lot more than a 4-5 star QB for West Brook to win a 6A title 

14 hours ago, KF89 said:

Got to play them in district, along with Summer Creek, Atascocita, C.E. King etc. to win a district title. 

Lets not act like WB just didn't go to State a 3-4 years ago beating the likes of Austin Westlake & Katy Tompkins along the way...I think we sometimes take for granted the amount of talent in this area, because its local. I always think of those Craig Stump Brook teams and how much talent they had. I think you had 3 or 4 players play on Sundays off of one team. Most cities cant even say that in their whole existence  . . Not to mention a big advantage Brook always has is going Small 6A, now I'm not saying they would Beat the likes of Atascocita or NS or make it to a state championship but to dismiss that because they're "Westbrook" is crazy to me

Lets talk about who might be the next head coach at Kelly. Who do we think it’s going to be? What coach would want to take this job without a QB and two receivers. (All three with D1 offers?) when was the last time Kelly even had 3 kids with D1 offers? Sounds like someone could be stepping in to a very bad situation over there! When is Kelly going to open the job up? Almost two months out from august 1 with summer workouts approaching! They better get on it. Not looking good for the Kelly Catholic Dogs! 

1 hour ago, Bobcat2587 said:

Lets talk about who might be the next head coach at Kelly. Who do we think it’s going to be? What coach would want to take this job without a QB and two receivers. (All three with D1 offers?) when was the last time Kelly even had 3 kids with D1 offers? Sounds like someone could be stepping in to a very bad situation over there! When is Kelly going to open the job up? Almost two months out from august 1 with summer workouts approaching! They better get on it. Not looking good for the Kelly Catholic Dogs! 

The last time Kelly had more then 3 D-1 football players I believe was in 2008. I’ve heard a few names for the new coach. I do agree that Kelly needs to hurry up and make a decision if they havnt already yet. Hopefully they have started the interview process as the clock keeps tick tick ticking. Best of luck Kelly dogs….sounds like they are going ti need it! 

On 5/17/2022 at 9:45 AM, TommyShep said:

Stud QB staying or leaving??? Can’t waste that talent if the new hire is not up to par. 

I highly doubt they will find a coach worth having there. Its going to be hard to find someone take over a program when your 3 Division 1 athletes are going to West Brook. Kelly could be in trouble!

• Bobcatfan4life changed the title to Kelly Hires Mike Long as new Head Coach