Kelly Hires Mike Long as new Head Coach

9 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Didn't another so called "Kelly stud QB" Transfer to WB a few years ago & ended up being the 3rd QB at WB? Dudes might be considered stud QB's at KELLY  but when you move to 6A\5A from the division Kelly plays there is a high percentage you are not stud QB status anymore.

I think this situation may be a little different because this kid already holds multiple FBS offers, I do not think the other had any kind of college interest.

Just now, KF89 said:

We will see, If the Kelly QB can play well at WB or Silsbee to beat their returners out & start then the offers are more then on his "potential" from playing at Kelly & camps.

I agree, I do think his ceiling is very high though based off the buzz he is generating as a freshman. Time will tell if he can do it on a bigger stage.

30 minutes ago, KF89 said:

We will see, If the Kelly QB can play well at WB or Silsbee to beat their returners out & start then the offers are more then on his "potential" from playing at Kelly & camps.

I would say it's almost a lock he goes to WB.  The kid said in the past publicly that's where he was going to go, not to mention he lives in Beaumont and already his head coach is now on the WB staff.

4 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Seems to me the Kelly coach leaving now is bad timing.  Puts the new coach coming in in a bind.  

He got out while the getting was good. Only had 2 years left to win a state championship before he was labeled a failure forever.  Quick question:  if he took a team that was 0-10 the year before he arrived and went 1-8 his first year, and then 21-13 the next four years, was he a success without a state championship?  He also took a program with only 11 kids coming out his first year and had 50 come out to play last season.  

45 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

He got out while the getting was good. Only had 2 years left to win a state championship before he was labeled a failure forever.  Quick question:  if he took a team that was 0-10 the year before he arrived and went 1-8 his first year, and then 21-13 the next four years, was he a success without a state championship?  He also took a program with only 11 kids coming out his first year and had 50 come out to play last season.  

He's probably too busy trying to get Briles to Kelly Catholic. 🙄

15 minutes ago, KF89 said:

He better be a potentially high level stud QB if he transfers to West Brook playing this schedule each year. This is not Independent TAPPS League competition. 

BEAUMONT WEST BROOK BRUINS  2021- 2022 SCHEDULE

Aug. 26 - Houston Lamar, 7:00pm

Sept. 1 - Manvel, 7:00pm

Sept. 9 - at Deer Park, 7:00pm

Sept. 16 - OPEN

Sept. 23 - at Humble Summer Creek*, 7:00pm

Sept. 30 - Humble Atascocita*, 7:00pm 

Oct. 6 - Humble*, 7:00pm

Oct. 14 - at Galena Park North Shore*, 7:00pm

Oct. 21 - Humble Kingwood*, 7:00pm

Oct. 28 - at Beaumont United*, 7:00pm

Nov. 4 - Sheldon C.E. King*, 7:00pm

Brutal schedule there, I think if he can become the starter and play alright against that competition as a sophomore he will be on pace to be a really good player as a junior and senior.

5 minutes ago, sooner said:

Forgive me for the way this sounds, but shouldnt he be ready to play this schedule, if several D1 football programs have offered him a full-ride?

I think with him being so young these offers are based on how good he is as a freshman and how they expect him to progress by the time he is a junior or senior.

3 hours ago, KF89 said:

Exactly right. Early college offers are all about "potential" & potential is 50/50 nothing is legit until you sign the scholarship. If Kelly Stud QB starts at West Brook & does well vs. that schedule then he will earn that D1 "full ride" scholarship.  

This. Well said. 

18 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Yes, he was a success. Coach Smith is a great guy and coach.

2 hours ago, TheOutsider said:

Yes, he was a success. Coach Smith is a great guy and coach.

without a doubt.  that was a tongue in cheek remark directed at a certain poster who's determined that any coach who doesn't win a state championship within 7 years is an abject failure for all time.  

7 hours ago, sooner said:

Yes, I understand your point.  But, we are talking about major D1 universities that are ready to award him a scholarship to play for their program and we keyboard masters are saying he cant do the same for a highschool in the area?  No matter the classification, the kid was AWARDED A SCHOLARSHIP to play college football.  Let's try to make sense guys.  

Hasn't been "awarded" anything.

Verbal offers are non binding and may not be committable when the time comes.

• Bobcatfan4life changed the title to Kelly Hires Mike Long as new Head Coach