CRT Hoopla

UT alum

41 minutes ago, baddog said:

Of course you can’t, because no matter what happens, 1000 years from now someone will say, “You remember hearing (I won’t say reading) about back in the 18th century, black people were sold into slavery and the white Americans owe us for how they treated our ancestors.”

See my reply to Lumberton Raider Fan.

3 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Sitting down and listening to each other with empathy. Not judgement. With the Congress doing some sort of official recognition that centuries of considering a race of people, who’s forced labor helped launch the industrial revolution as chattel property, not human, has had deleterious effects that remain to this day. With voluntary reparations, not forced. A black family in Manhattan Beach CA had their beachfront property seized in 1924 using eminent domain by the city of Manhattan Beach after being harassed by the Klan and others, but not leaving.  Last year, the city council voted 5-0 to return the property, worth millions, to the family. No one forced the city. It was a voluntary return. Things like that. Compassion, not disdain.

I have no problem with righting past wrongs but you use the term atonement as if there are still guilty parties that must atone for past wrongs.

48 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Sitting down and listening to each other with empathy. Not judgement. With the Congress doing some sort of official recognition that centuries of considering a race of people, who’s forced labor helped launch the industrial revolution as chattel property, not human, has had deleterious effects that remain to this day. With voluntary reparations, not forced. A black family in Manhattan Beach CA had their beachfront property seized in 1924 using eminent domain by the city of Manhattan Beach after being harassed by the Klan and others, but not leaving.  Last year, the city council voted 5-0 to return the property, worth millions, to the family. No one forced the city. It was a voluntary return. Things like that. Compassion, not disdain.

Like I said, it will never end. You are just trying to satisfy your conscience at the expense of others. You envision a day when someone will say,”Ok, we’re even. “ That’s worse than predicting world peace. Dream on. 

6 hours ago, UT alum said:

It’s the denial that 300 years of bondage and treatment of a race as animals has no effect on society today. I can name at least 10 people by name right now who I grew up with, childhood friends, who at ten and twelve years old were saying “I hate n***ers”. They still do today, they’ve just had to be a little more accepting due to full integration. Guilty was the wrong word. I should have used responsible.

So because you know some truly idiotic racists it should change every one else’s opinion or make them invalid?