UT alum

9 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

lol come on man, you don’t know what you’re talking about

trillion dollar deficit - fine because trump

covid bailout - fine because trump

PPP scams - fine because trump

trump bucks - fine because trump

biden bucks - oh no that’s where you draw the line 

I guess the fake Covid plandemic implemented by China and treasonous individuals in our federal, state, and county government didn’t have anything to do with the spending. Smh

11 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

lol come on man, you don’t know what you’re talking about

trillion dollar deficit - fine because trump

covid bailout - fine because trump

PPP scams - fine because trump

trump bucks - fine because trump

biden bucks - oh no that’s where you draw the line 

You left out the important part.

Inflation because of Trump - Zero - Nada - None

Inflation because of Biden - Big - Huge - Astronomical 

End of story.  Here’s where I say, Touche!  Anything after that is irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

He cries about property taxes. He’s a manly man.

23 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Lol you’re clueless

Agree to disagree at this point. Your homeboy asked me to lay-off you so I’ll abide to that going forward 

7 hours ago, UT alum said:

I encourage everybody who reads this thread to look up the term ad hominem, whether or not you already know its meaning.  The reason I come here only occasionally is because that form of rhetoric is used almost exclusively in every debate (here they seem to be arguments). It becomes tiring in a hurry. The only person who stands out of the ones I’ve encountered here is Steve Nash, May he Rest In Peace.  That man would engage in an intellectual debate most readily and effectively. As for most everyone else, the argument is against the opponent’s character or misjudged lack thereof.

Ad hominem rhetoric has been perfected by who seems to be the Lord and Savior of most on this blog, Donald J. Trump.  You all parrot him perfectly, chapter and verse.  I get tired of it in a hurry. How about trying to think for yourselves, and make your arguments for your case, instead of against your opponent. We might actually make some progress towards compromise, which is what the Founders so ingeniously designed our Constitution to achieve among competing points of view.  That’s all I have to say about that…

Didn’t you just make an ad hominem attack on Trump and his supporters?

7 hours ago, UT alum said:

I encourage everybody who reads this thread to look up the term ad hominem, whether or not you already know its meaning.  The reason I come here only occasionally is because that form of rhetoric is used almost exclusively in every debate (here they seem to be arguments). It becomes tiring in a hurry. The only person who stands out of the ones I’ve encountered here is Steve Nash, May he Rest In Peace.  That man would engage in an intellectual debate most readily and effectively. As for most everyone else, the argument is against the opponent’s character or misjudged lack thereof.

Also, I think I’m pretty good at attacking the issue and not the person. There are others in this forum. 

In fact I don’t think I have ever started a political thread.

Of the many posts I have made in this form, how about 90% of the political threads I do not even commented on.

If you look at the current list of topics, Get Woke, Fraudulent Election, Joebama Regimen, Trump Social Truth, 40 Billion Unaudited, Joebama Inflation and ston, I have not made a single comment. The reason is that I don’t do ad hominem attacks (and I am not alone and there are others). I on occasion call out people from my side of the aisle for being wrong and agree on occasion with the other side of they make a point.

The mere fact that you stated Steve Nash was the “only person” is in itself an attack where you started a thread to protest against it. It is interesting that you started this topic and then used a broad brush to include everybody with an opposing opinion.

11 hours ago, UT alum said:

Ad hominem rhetoric has been perfected by who seems to be the Lord and Savior of most on this blog, Donald J. Trump.  You all parrot him perfectly, chapter and verse.  I get tired of it in a hurry. How about trying to think for yourselves, and make your arguments for your case, instead of against your opponent. We might actually make some progress towards compromise, which is what the Founders so ingeniously designed our Constitution to achieve among competing points of view.  That’s all I have to say about that…

Much too blanket of a statement…..I never attack the person….and I’ve posted WAYYYYYYYY more than you have…..maybe you should observe more

12 hours ago, UT alum said:

I think you do not read all the posts on this forum. I, for one, do not regularly attack one’s character, nor do I try to make my arguments personal. Clearly, you are speaking to certain individuals rather than everyone on this forum. I would ask you to show where I have ever done so to you, and believe me, you and I have WAYYYYY differing opinions. 

I certainly refrain from personal attacks, although I’ve received a bunch.  BTW, when someone makes a personal attack on me I consider it game over.  I won.  So if I do a personal attack, I’ve lost.

Here’s my personal observation on them.  Liberals are the worst abusers, primarily using the word “racist”.  Many when backed into a corner during a discussion will resort to calling the other person racist.  It’s been used so much it’s reduced the meaning of the word.  
l’ve seen a meme with a guy sitting at a table with a cool adult beverage, and underneath it says:

I don’t usually get called a racist, but when I do, I know I just won an argument with a Liberal.

10 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I think you do not read all the posts on this forum. I, for one, do not regularly attack one’s character, nor do I try to make my arguments personal. Clearly, you are speaking to certain individuals rather than everyone on this forum. I would ask you to show where I have ever done so to you, and believe me, you and I have WAYYYYY differing opinions. 

Point taken. Not all, but most, in my experience, but again I don’t spend a lot of time on here because it suck’s the energy from me like a vampire sucks blood.

I’d love to have a rational discussion with you.

30 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I certainly refrain from personal attacks, although I’ve received a bunch.  BTW, when someone makes a personal attack on me I consider it game over.  I won.  So if I do a personal attack, I’ve lost.

Here’s my personal observation on them.  Liberals are the worst abusers, primarily using the word “racist”.  Many when backed into a corner during a discussion will resort to calling the other person racist.  It’s been used so much it’s reduced the meaning of the word.  
l’ve seen a meme with a guy sitting at a table with a cool adult beverage, and underneath it says:

I don’t usually get called a racist, but when I do, I know I just won an argument with a Liberal.

Yeah, Hagar, I didn’t mean to lump you in, either.  I don’t call individuals racist, but I will call it out when I see what I believe to be it. That’s what my little Get Woke About It ditty was about.  The ones who deny its existence are the ones I watch out for.

15 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Also, I think I’m pretty good at attacking the issue and not the person. There are others in this forum. 

In fact I don’t think I have ever started a political thread.

Of the many posts I have made in this form, how about 90% of the political threads I do not even commented on.

If you look at the current list of topics, Get Woke, Fraudulent Election, Joebama Regimen, Trump Social Truth, 40 Billion Unaudited, Joebama Inflation and ston, I have not made a single comment. The reason is that I don’t do ad hominem attacks (and I am not alone and there are others). I on occasion call out people from my side of the aisle for being wrong and agree on occasion with the other side of they make a point.

The mere fact that you stated Steve Nash was the “only person” is in itself an attack where you started a thread to protest against it. It is interesting that you started this topic and then used a broad brush to include everybody with an opposing opinion.

I confess I protested too loudly. I don’t spend a lot of time here, and the reason is because of the bile spewed by a few. You are right. My brush was too broad. I enjoy talking with people of opposing opinions when they doesn’t devolve into sophomoric name calling. 

20 hours ago, baddog said:

Border wall construction, annihilating Isis, putting Un in his place, standing up to Iran, bringing jobs back to America, unemployment at its lowest in decades, an economy that was second to none……there are more, but you said one. Can you name any Biden has done for America? No reason for me to wait you out because there are none.

I’ll give you low unemployment, but the rest is hogwash to me. What jobs came back? He didn’t stand up to Iran, he just mooned them. Got about a hundred miles  of wall built that can be penetrated with a battery operated saws all, again he just mooned the UN, he didn’t “put them in their place”. You forgot to mention NATO. He mooned them too. Had he really put them in their place, imagine how elated Putin would be right now.

The infrastructure bill was something Trump talked about doing almost monthly. Biden got one done in less than a year. Granted, he hasn’t gotten a lot else done yet, but no harm, no foul.

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

I’ll give you low unemployment, but the rest is hogwash to me. What jobs came back? He didn’t stand up to Iran, he just mooned them. Got about a hundred miles  of wall built that can be penetrated with a battery operated saws all, again he just mooned the UN, he didn’t “put them in their place”. You forgot to mention NATO. He mooned them too. Had he really put them in their place, imagine how elated Putin would be right now.

The infrastructure bill was something Trump talked about doing almost monthly. Biden got one done in less than a year. Granted, he hasn’t gotten a lot else done yet, but no harm, no foul.

No harm?  Soaring inflation, soaring gas prices, empty store shelves(namely baby formula).  I guess that are some of what you mean by no harm.  

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

Mooned Iran? They threatened to block the Straits of Hormuz. What did Trump do? He warned them what would happen if they tried. Did they try? He also cancelled that stupid Obama agreement. Yes, the bringing back of jobs hit the skids but not from a lack of trying. His tax cuts stimulated the economy. I wasn’t referring to the UN, I was referring to Un, the leader of North Korea. Trump surrounded his arse with so many ships and subs, there was too much traffic and there was a collision. Un cowered like the little midget he is. I think he did a wonderful job with NATO. Countries wanting American protection and not paying their fair share (one of the libs most used sayings, btw). I had no problem with that. I think Smashmouth answered the wall issue very well. Now, about the United Nations….I think they need to move their HQs to China or Russia. I have absolutely no use for those anti-American snobs.

As for how quickly Biden got the infrastructure bill passed, have we seen any results attributed to this unbelievably expensive bill? I mean CNN should have come up with at least one story on the spending of all of our money. Biden and the Dim congress couldn’t wait to rip off the American taxpayers. Did you see Schumer’s reaction? Please say you did. He gave a gesture reserved for making a long, needed putt in golf. Too excited about internet, roads, bridges, and airports for me.

One more thing……what in the world could be better than everyone working?

52 minutes ago, baddog said:

Mooned Iran? They threatened to block the Straits of Hormuz. What did Trump do? He warned them what would happen if they tried. Did they try? He also cancelled that stupid Obama agreement. Yes, the bringing back of jobs hit the skids but not from a lack of trying. His tax cuts stimulated the economy. I wasn’t referring to the UN, I was referring to Un, the leader of North Korea. Trump surrounded his arse with so many ships and subs, there was too much traffic and there was a collision. Un cowered like the little midget he is. I think he did a wonderful job with NATO. Countries wanting American protection and not paying their fair share (one of the libs most used sayings, btw). I had no problem with that. I think Smashmouth answered the wall issue very well. Now, about the United Nations….I think they need to move their HQs to China or Russia. I have absolutely no use for those anti-American snobs.

As for how quickly Biden got the infrastructure bill passed, have we seen any results attributed to this unbelievably expensive bill? I mean CNN should have come up with at least one story on the spending of all of our money. Biden and the Dim congress couldn’t wait to rip off the American taxpayers. Did you see Schumer’s reaction? Please say you did. He gave a gesture reserved for making a long, needed putt in golf. Too excited about internet, roads, bridges, and airports for me.

One more thing……what in the world could be better than everyone working?

Everyone working for a living wage.

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Everyone working for a living wage.

When I couldn't live on minimum wage, I had to work harder or make a career change.

For those that have too much... I wish there was a box one could check to donate a % of income for these people that can't live on their wage. 

Thanks to inflation, my living wage doesn't allow me to live much anymore. Just keep paying taxes and it'll all work out, right?