Roe versus Wade draft seems to overturn

28 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

These are the answers to the problem???

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They're a big step in the right direction.  I don't want grade school age kids indoctrinated, and I don't want sexual preferences and gender identity taught, but I don't at all have an issue with kids who're going to have sex while in high school either way (pretty much all of us did) having easy access to birth control and a little education into how things work and the risks involved to help reduce pregnancies.  

40 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You're understanding is flawed.  The actual Hebrew interpretation is thou shall not murder, more precise interpretation is thou shall not take an innocent life.

The unborn is innocent, convicted criminals aren't.

I beg to differ... if a convicted murder turns his life over to Christ and is born again, he/she is innocent in God's eyes.  

29 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Our church supports a ministry In Alabama of a older couple that raises babies of incarcerated women who have babies in prison an raises and educates them till the mother is released or until the child turns 18. There are organizations and ministries across this country that are Christian based that step in an fill the void for children. To say otherwise is disingenuous.

I think that's great, and I'm not attempting to be disingenuous.  But what your church does is just a drop in the bucket, and what all churches collectively do isn't much more.  infinitely more unwanted babies thrown into an already broken system where not nearly enough is being done by churches and charities is going to make things significantly worse.  

Those same suburban women who voted Biden because Trump was so appalling are gonna line up and vote Democrat again because the Republicans are focused on imposing religious view on people who aren't necessarily Christian instead of focusing on the real problems at hand... like the economy.  

Sometimes it's embarrassing how stupid the ultra conservatives can be.  They're literally making the election cycle about religious issues when they could kill the Dems by staying focused on the economy. 

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I think that's great, and I'm not attempting to be disingenuous.  But what your church does is just a drop in the bucket, and what all churches collectively do isn't much more.  infinitely more unwanted babies thrown into an already broken system where not nearly enough is being done by churches and charities is going to make things significantly worse.  

The same people complaining about abortions are the same ones complaining about people having kids for the government handouts. Literally the poor (and particularly the minority poor) just can't catch a break from the right.  

43 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Don’t lump me in with the “You Guys”. I have a bigger problem with Corporate Welfare and Cronyism. My brother and his wife tried to adopt 3 times due to the fact they could not have children. All 3 times the adoption fell thru because the mother changed her mind at the last minute after having the opportunity to hold the own child in their arms. It’s not as easy as you think to adopt a child not to mention the ungodly red tape you have to go through. The list of parents waiting to adopt is forever long. I say cut the bureaucracy for these parents an get the unwanted kids into these loving homes of parents wanting kids.

I agree that adoption is tough.  but the types of adoption you're talking about doesn't really do a whole lot to help with the problem.  go through the state and take some kids that are living in poverty, that have been abused, that have been forgotten.  The majority of folks trying to adopt are trying to get a newborn, same-race child with no issues and no strings attached.  That becomes more a business deal than actually helping with our country's overwhelming unwanted children crisis.  I wholeheartedly agree that it should be a lot easier though, and it should be a lot more affordable. 

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I beg to differ... if a convicted murder turns his life over to Christ and is born again, he/she is innocent in God's eyes.  

Nope, they are still guilty of the crime they've commented. Yes, God will forgive them for their sins if they truly ask Him and they will enter the kingdom of heaven, but they still will pay for the consequences of their actions. Which in a death penalty case, he/she will and should be put to death.

7 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The same people complaining about abortions are the same ones complaining about people having kids for the government handouts. Literally the poor (and particularly the minority poor) just can't catch a break from the right.  

I bring up that point over and over again, and the response is always basically "nuh uh." The truth becomes obvious anytime there's a thread on here about welfare and social handouts.  The ironic thing is that I actually agree with them on welfare reform and reducing handouts.  Folks just don't like it when you point out the disconnect between fighting tooth and nail to make sure these babies are born, but then fighting tooth and nail to reduce the services and money provided to them as they're forcefully born into poverty and crime-ridden environments.  

14 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

An He/She will get to meet him more sooner than later an spend eternity with him just like the Good Thief on the Cross next to Jesus. 

As radical as these people are, I still feel it won't matter when elections come a round.  Look, the Jan. 6th committee, which was suppose to damage Trump, doesn't matter to most Americans.  Plus, a hard line, pro-abortion extremism also doesn't appeal to most Americans.  This extremism should accelerate their loss of blacks and latino voters who are culturally conservative.  Just think about it:  The extremism of the radicals who would allow abortion on the day of the birth.  Also, even allow the baby to be killed after it's born which is basically infanticide. 

I hear that the Democrats are on the verge of replacing Mother's Day with Birthing Person's day.  Does one honestly think that the vast majority of Americans agree with this extremism?!  I say the Dems are going to lose big in 2022 and for generations to come!

13 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Nope, they are still guilty of the crime they've commented. Yes, God will forgive them for their sins if they truly ask Him and they will enter the kingdom of heaven, but they still will pay for the consequences of their actions. Which in a death penalty case, he/she will and should be put to death.

This!

27 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

They're a big step in the right direction.  I don't want grade school age kids indoctrinated, and I don't want sexual preferences and gender identity taught, but I don't at all have an issue with kids who're going to have sex while in high school either way (pretty much all of us did) having easy access to birth control and a little education into how things work and the risks involved to help reduce pregnancies.  

So give them access to birth control whether the parents approve or not?

13 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I hear that the Democrats are on the verge of replacing Mother's Day with Birthing Person's day.  Does one honestly think that the vast majority of Americans agree with this extremism?!  I say the Dems are going to lose big in 2022 and for generations to come!

Wow, only a liberal would come up with something so ridiculous. 🤣

10 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So give them access to birth control whether the parents approve or not?

At what age should a child be able to make the decision for themselves to be on birth control?  Honest question.  I've noticed a pretty dumb cycle of parents not wanting their kids on birth control and then having to raise their own grandkids.  Growing up in the church, and even graduating from a college with the word Baptist in the name, and one thing I saw first hand was that religion didn't really do much in the way of stopping us young, dumb kids from getting busy.

14 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

At what age should a child be able to make the decision for themselves to be on birth control?  Honest question.  I've noticed a pretty dumb cycle of parents not wanting their kids on birth control and then having to raise their own grandkids.  Growing up in the church, and even graduating from a college with the word Baptist in the name, and one thing I saw first hand was that religion didn't really do much in the way of stopping us young, dumb kids from getting busy.

It sure isn't a call employees in our public school system should make, not their business.

“Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭1:4-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

10 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

“Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭1:4-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

My humble opinion is that our state is getting closer and closer to a swing state, and the right isn't going to get away with doing extreme conservative right things for very long, even if the SC is (for the moment) stacked with conservative justices.  It's also true that all the guys on here backslapping over this would be losing their mind if the roles were reversed and a bunch of liberal justices were setting liberal precedents that weren't representative of the country's beliefs as a whole.  

I agree we are getting closer to a swing state.  I disagree with abortion, but I think there are times it should be an option, rape, medical issues, etc.  I think that option should be closer to conception than delivery though. However, this particular issue is not for or against abortion itself, but that the SC should not decide it as a constitutional issue. That I agree with. 

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

My humble opinion is that our state is getting closer and closer to a swing state, and the right isn't going to get away with doing extreme conservative right things for very long, even if the SC is (for the moment) stacked with conservative justices.  It's also true that all the guys on here backslapping over this would be losing their mind if the roles were reversed and a bunch of liberal justices were setting liberal precedents that weren't representative of the country's beliefs as a whole.  

Like setting law in place that ushered in the deaths of 63,000,000 unborn?

You seem to act like this isn't extreme.