FRI. 4/22- RUSK- 2 LUFKIN HUDSON- 1 FINAL

KF89

• KF89 changed the title to FRI. 4/22- RUSK- 2 LUFKIN HUDSON- 1 FINAL

With that win Rusk is now 11-12 for the season, one more win & they will reach .500 winning %. Has not had a winning record any week of the rankings. That being said the only rankings that Rusk probably cares about is if they win state then they  will be the un deniable #1 team.

Top two pitchers did not play pre-district (surgery and injury) #3 pitcher/short stop broke his leg in the summer and has been limited on the mound and not played in the field. 
Top two are back and are finding their groove. I expect the short stop/#3 will be close to 100% in the next couple of weeks and back in action. This group has 1 goal and could care less about the rankings. As everyone knows it takes a little good fortune to win the whole thing so I’m not about to make a prediction but we are playing our best baseball right now and that’s exactly when we wanted it to happen. Two big games this week against a very good Jasper team so it should be fun. 

34 minutes ago, RonStopable said:

Top two pitchers did not play pre-district (surgery and injury) #3 pitcher/short stop broke his leg in the summer and has been limited on the mound and not played in the field. 
Top two are back and are finding their groove. I expect the short stop/#3 will be close to 100% in the next couple of weeks and back in action. This group has 1 goal and could care less about the rankings. As everyone knows it takes a little good fortune to win the whole thing so I’m not about to make a prediction but we are playing our best baseball right now and that’s exactly when we wanted it to happen. Two big games this week against a very good Jasper team so it should be fun. 

Depends on which Jasper team shows up lol the one that lost to center or the other lol

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

Depends on which Jasper team shows up lol the one that lost to center or the other lol

I’d be thrilled if the one that lost showed up but I’m expecting the other one. 
If things go well for mine and yours respective teams we could be looking at a “rubber match”. 

18 minutes ago, RonStopable said:

I’d be thrilled if the one that lost showed up but I’m expecting the other one. 
If things go well for mine and yours respective teams we could be looking at a “rubber match”. 

Yeah I hope we play better going forward than the last couple games. I’m sure they will get things rolling again. El Campo isn’t by any means a bad team. Bellville, Sealy , and El Campo are closer in team talent than some may be

5 hours ago, KF89 said:

With that win Rusk is now 11-12 for the season, one more win & they will reach .500 winning %. Has not had a winning record any week of the rankings. That being said the only rankings that Rusk probably cares about is if they win state then they  will be the un deniable #1 team.

Agreed on what Rusk "cares about". Now that Rusk is going to win the district we can definitely see why Rusk has been "ranked". There have been many throughout the year that have questioned "why Rusk was ranked" and that "Carthage, Hudson or Jasper deserved to be ranked but not Rusk". The rank voters knew all along that Rusk is a different team with/without JD Thompson. The district also understands this clearly now and that Rusk is the best team in the district. 

31 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

I definitely expect the "Thursday" team to show up against JD on Tuesday. Will be interesting to see how they fare against Circle but he is no easy pass either.  

Mason Cirkle doesn’t get much attention behind JD but I would give him the ball against anybody. There aren’t many #2’s better in my opinion 

25 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Agreed on what Rusk "cares about". Now that Rusk is going to win the district we can definitely see why Rusk has been "ranked". There have been many throughout the year that have questioned "why Rusk was ranked" and that "Carthage, Hudson or Jasper deserved to be ranked but not Rusk". The rank voters knew all along that Rusk is a different team with/without JD Thompson. The district also understands this clearly now and that Rusk is the best team in the district. 

First poll I have seen in 35 years that ranks teams in a weekly poll based on wins they might have gotten with missing player philosophy & not weekly win/loss record, strength of schedule & overall wins/loses. 

2 hours ago, KF89 said:

First poll I have seen in 35 years that ranks teams in a weekly poll based on wins they might have gotten with missing player philosophy & not weekly win/loss record, strength of schedule & overall wins/loses. 

I think they just rank them on how good they think the team is. Example: Rusk are the District Champions despite the W/L record. All of the teams in the district that have better W/L records finished behind Rusk in the standings and are "in actuality" not as good of a team as Rusk. Also, the "rankers" believe that Rusk is likely to make a decent run in the playoffs despite their W/L record. They believe that "when it counts" (such as district) Rusk will be among the better teams. 

23 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

I think they just rank them on how good they think the team is. Example: Rusk are the District Champions despite the W/L record. All of the teams in the district that have better W/L records finished behind Rusk in the standings and are "in actuality" not as good of a team as Rusk. Also, the "rankers" believe that Rusk is likely to make a decent run in the playoffs despite their W/L record. They believe that "when it counts" (such as district) Rusk will be among the better teams. 

Must be some new woke liberal voters in this one poll🙃

2 hours ago, RonStopable said:

So you’re saying the left is right. I didn’t peg you as a libtard. 

Nope, saying rank a team on its actual record each week from start to finish.

RUSK EAGLES 

Date Game Opponent Score Record
02/21 Regular Livingston Lions 11-1(L) 0-1-0
02/25 Tournament Hallsville Bobcats 8-7(L) 0-2-0
02/25 Tournament Sulphur Springs Wildcats 8-2(L) 0-3-0
03/03 Tournament Concordia Lutheran Crusaders 3-9(L) 0-4-0
03/04 Tournament Joshua Owls 10-0(L) 0-5-0
03/04 Tournament Lufkin Panthers 4-1(L) 0-6-0
03/10 Tournament Diboll Lumberjacks 3-1(L) 0-7-0
03/11 Tournament Woodville Eagles 5-7(L) 0-8-0
03/12 Tournament Jacksonville Indians 3-0(W) 1-8-0
03/12 Tournament Huntington Red Devils 5-3(W) 2-8-0