Best High School Coaches to ever Live and the Smartest Posters there ever was!!!!

idk

4 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Alex Durley-(9yrs.) Bmt. Hebert- 7 years, Bmt. West Brook- 2 years.

97 wins, 13 losses, 3 ties, 2 state titles

Hebert- 1976- 15-0, State Title

West Brook- 1982- 11-4-1, State Title 

Coaching career cut short- death from cancer in 1984.

With the school board looking to change the name again at the stadium, why not transfer the name at the stadium on campus at West Brook to the new stadium?

Can't think of a more deserving man to have his name on that stadium.

31 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

With the school board looking to change the name again at the stadium, why not transfer the name at the stadium on campus at West Brook to the new stadium?

Can't think of a more deserving man to have his name on that stadium.

realistically, I think for many it's not about who's most deserving, but who's name will most upset a certain group of people, no matter how crooked he was.  

The late great Orangefield legend Ed Peveto. He put Coldspring on the map for football 🏈. He died tragically of HA MID SEASON THAT YEAR. We later went to state’ 

I was a freshman in 1992 at Lamar University majoring in nursing. When my parents called me all I remember saying was “All no no no mom and dad not Coach Peveto 😢😢🥺🥺” This was the year he was taking us to the mountain top!! #tdogforlive #pevetopower, #doright. Motto that our graduating class of 1992 live by forever 

Newton has been fortunate enough to have had 3 superior coaches. ( !)  Lindney Thompson, started by making a bottom of the pack football teams into winners and state champion. (2) Curtis Barbay ,enough said (3) W T Jojnston ,great coach and great man. All were great father figures for the kids.