4a TEAMS that do not have TURF

Guest mrtomcat

15 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Yeah, but the parkingā€™s terrible (unless you like visiting the area neighbors) and the visitorā€™s stands are worse than most junior high or little league fields.Ā 

Man that old stadium is a treehouse šŸ˜‚Ā 

Ā 

I'm glad they're finally getting an on-campus stadium, makes for a good playoff game location too.Ā 

19 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I almost threw up a little bit reading this... NOTHING better? I beg to differ.Ā  Anyone with grass still is considered ancient.Ā  It's 2022.Ā 

Turf is good for football, but I absolutely hate it for soccer.Ā  The turf puts unnatural spin on the ball and the bounces are ridiculous. There really is nothing better than a nice grass field for soccer.Ā  I know this is a football thread, but just thought I'd make the point.Ā Ā 

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Turf is good for football, but I absolutely hate it for soccer.Ā  The turf puts unnatural spin on the ball and the bounces are ridiculous. There really is nothing better than a nice grass field for soccer.Ā  I know this is a football thread, but just thought I'd make the point.Ā Ā 

Turf is also good for weather.. which benefits soccer also.Ā  With the amount of rainfall this part of the state gets on a yearly basis, it's sickening the amount of preparation time on the actual playing surface that's lost.Ā  Even soccer coaches would probably agree that it's better to practice/play on a turf field than not get to out of fear of tearing up the grass surface after inclement weather.Ā 

30 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

My coworker's husband is a local high school soccer coach and I have heard these same complaints coming from him. He said it takes almost the entire first half to get used to playing on turf.Ā 

4 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

My coworker's husband is a local high school soccer coach and I have heard these same complaints coming from him. He said it takes almost the entire first half to get used to playing on turf.Ā 

The difference is almost like playing two different sports.Ā 

On 3/31/2022 at 9:05 AM, mrtomcat said:

East Chambers is good at Football and Futbol.Ā 

I dunno about their soccer, but good in Football? They along with the rest of the 3A's here vaporize quickly in the playoffs. That's why I said its not as impossible as it seems that Tark "could" go .500 in the local district. Not a prediction, just a possibility. Its a real low bar to step over. No matter what the turf is this district goes down quick.Ā 

Guest mrtomcat
On 4/1/2022 at 4:17 PM, Separation Scientist said:

I dunno about their soccer, but good in Football? They along with the rest of the 3A's here vaporize quickly in the playoffs. That's why I said its not as impossible as it seems that Tark "could" go .500 in the local district. Not a prediction, just a possibility. Its a real low bar to step over. No matter what the turf is this district goes down quick.Ā 

we are talking about east chambers correct ?Ā  the same east chambers that just 3/4 years ago lost to the state champion grandview in 2018 by a last second td in overtime and the following year played them tight the whole game?Ā  that same east chambers football team

On 3/31/2022 at 8:51 AM, oldschool2 said:

Turf is also good for weather.. which benefits soccer also.Ā  With the amount of rainfall this part of the state gets on a yearly basis, it's sickening the amount of preparation time on the actual playing surface that's lost.Ā  Even soccer coaches would probably agree that it's better to practice/play on a turf field than not get to out of fear of tearing up the grass surface after inclement weather.Ā 

even the schools with the worst facilities have practice fields.Ā  I graduated from HJ in 2001 and we had three places we could practice soccer to avoid the game field.Ā  In fact, we never practiced on the game field, and neither did the football team.Ā  During football season i would go practice place kicking on the game field most days, and nobody else used it until friday night.Ā Ā 

1 hour ago, mrtomcat said:

we are talking about east chambers correct ?Ā  the same east chambers that just 3/4 years ago lost to the state champion grandview in 2018 by a last second td in overtime and the following year played them tight the whole game?Ā  that same east chambers football team

I guess it depends on your perspective. If one decent run in one year, then "playing tight" in another year is all you can hang on to, yeah I guess that is "good" for a year? You didn't mention all the other early exits, I see though.Ā 

Step back from this local area and think and see how this district is perceived Statewide. Honestly its not even on anyone else's radar. But yeah, if you want to cheer on the tallest midget in the room (or 3A district), please do so.Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā Ā 

Guest mrtomcat
2 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I guess it depends on your perspective. If one decent run in one year, then "playing tight" in another year is all you can hang on to, yeah I guess that is "good" for a year? You didn't mention all the other early exits, I see though.Ā 

Step back from this local area and think and see how this district is perceived Statewide. Honestly its not even on anyone else's radar. But yeah, if you want to cheer on the tallest midget in the room (or 3A district), please do so.Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā Ā 

my "prespective" is that just a few years ago, those dudes went 4 rounds deep and lost to the eventual state champ in consecutive seasons.Ā  all I can do is go off recent successes or failures.Ā  historically, yes all teams in southeast texas dont perform well in the region outside of the big 3 (silsbee, wos and newton) but there are teams that have emerged recently that are defying those odds.Ā  i know exactly what the opinion is, of southeast texas football.Ā  i worked in panola county for 10 years and know the difference.Ā  however, i am from this area and sutherland has that program in pretty good hands.Ā  i'm not sure what your point is, unless you are just hanging your hat on how they have performed since the 1950's and dont want to acknowledge the recent improvement ?