An Assault on National TV

Hagar

Seems Will Smith took offense to a Chris Rock joke about GI Jane which alluded to Smith’s wife baldness due to an illness.  Smith slaps (assaults?) him on National TV.  I can see parts of both sides, but still, isn’t assault still assault?  I’d have to defer to those more knowledgeable about law.  Is assault only punishable if the person assaulted files charges?

Anyway, just glad neither was white.  The media would’ve blown it into a full blown race war.  Hat’s off to Rock for not escalating this further.

This is the hidden content, please

9 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Not so sure this wasn’t a stunt to boost dropping ratings.

I wondered, but his responses when yelling from the audience appeared real - then again, Smith is a great actor….  Still, my best guess, it was real.  If not, Smollett needs to take notes.  He’s an amateur.

38 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Not so sure this wasn’t a stunt to boost dropping ratings.

Thought the same thing because they are all actors. It’s why they are so tight with D. C. Chris Rock was wrong for what he said, but after all the “F” Trump trash  from DeNiro, it’s difficult for me to give a crap. Rock still shouldn’t have been assaulted. The only witnesses were the ones in attendance. lol

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I wondered, but his responses when yelling from the audience appeared real - then again, Smith is a great actor….  Still, my best guess, it was real.  If not, Smollett needs to take notes.  He’s an amateur.

That’s the best he could muster up for his wife? Lol. If Rock insulted my bride of 22 years it would have been a dropped the mic moment for Rock followed by silence as he laid there on the floor in the fetal position. Nothing in Hollywood is real except the vampires. Lol. Will Smith hit like the princess of Bel Air. I say staged.

40 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

That’s the best he could muster up for his wife? Lol. If Rock insulted by bride of 22 years it would have been a dropped the mic moment for Rock followed by silence as he laid there on the floor in the fetal position. Nothing in Hollywood is real except the vampires. Lol. Will Smith hit like the princess of Bel Air. I say staged.

Agree, it was staged, that wasn't an appropriate reaction to someone publicly humiliating your wife imo.

A slap...come on, man...and he was Ali. 🙂

Everyone in the audience is a potential target at these events and you need to be ready to take it. On the other hand, if you're a comedian targeting someone, you need to be able to face potential consequences. C Rock took it like a man. 

18 hours ago, Reagan said:

CNN Analyst Blames Trump for Oscars Kerfuffle!  LOL!!!!

Herein is proof positive that TDS is real.  If I hated America I’d been mad at Trump too.  He had more working than perhaps ever before in history. He had our economy doing great and virtually no inflation.  Had us energy independent.  Did some remarkable things on the foreign affairs front.  Got a vaccine out quicker than anyone thought possible.  Yep, if I hated America I’d hate Trump too, and I’d be a Biden supporter.

21 hours ago, Hagar said:

Seems Will Smith took offense to a Chris Rock joke about GI Jane which alluded to Smith’s wife baldness due to an illness.  Smith slaps (assaults?) him on National TV.  I can see parts of both sides, but still, isn’t assault still assault?  I’d have to defer to those more knowledgeable about law.  Is assault only punishable if the person assaulted files charges?

Anyway, just glad neither was white.  The media would’ve blown it into a full blown race war.  Hat’s off to Rock for not escalating this further.

Pretty much. Every state has different laws but I doubt any prosecute when no one wants to file charges. Unless the victim is dead, there aren’t any likely automatic prosecutions.  

1 hour ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Very telling that this is one of your takeaways on the whole situation. Almost as if you’re wanting that to happen.. need someone/something to be mad at, again 

My takeaway is I’m glad the media couldn’t make a racial incident out of it.  How could you possibly interpret that to mean I wanted it to happen?
You, on the other hand, possibly want racial trouble.  You look for it under every rock (hoping?).  You probably believed the whole Jussie Smollett incident.  Lmbo, what a piece of work you are.

19 minutes ago, Hagar said:

My takeaway is I’m glad the media couldn’t make a racial incident out of it.  How could you possibly interpret that to mean I wanted it to happen?
You, on the other hand, possibly want racial trouble.  You look for it under every rock (hoping?).  You probably believed the whole Jussie Smollett incident.  Lmbo, what a piece of work you are.

Hey, when it’s all you got…

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Out of all the various threads , comment sections etc I’ve seen on this topic..

You are literally the first person to mention race 

come on gramps try and keep up