Coaches on the Move

On 4/28/2022 at 10:23 PM, Charles in Charge said:

Multiple sources have said this job is DJ Wilson's.  Considering he led Hj to a district title and laid thr groundwork for West Orange being so good this year, I say that would be a hone run hire.

Im not sure 11-15, a 4th place finish, and a win over a depleted HJ team would be considered "being so good" this year. 

On 4/28/2022 at 9:04 AM, Jerry West said:

Don't know if many of you have read the book King Cotton.  It's a great book on Buna basketball and how legendary Coach Cotton Robinson led them to 7 State Championships.  I don't know if Buna will ever see another State Championship again.  Is considered an elite high school coaching position amongst coaches these days, or just a small town that had a good run in the 50's?  

Great Read “ King Cotton”. 

On 5/1/2022 at 8:25 AM, Pot Stirrer said:

Actually met up with some people from Buna yesterday and asked about the situation. They showed me some Facebook post from parents and talked about fans always yelling at him during the game. Don’t think it was small town politics that ran him out.  But if admin didn’t remove those fans during the game, I doubt they did anything to try to keep him. The fact that school board members are posting about the job on here, maybe there were some politics going on that they didn’t know about. Girls basketball coach went to orangefield and now boys basketball is leaving. Both were successful and both wanted to stay there for their entire coaching career. Both leaving raises questions and concerns for the program. 
Good luck to the coach going forward. 

This story is sad and all too common these days. The people from small communities that understand what coaching requires are becoming rare.  The Karens and the Kens (parents of "athletes") are running off good people.  I guess they get what they deserve.  

Guest mrtomcat
On 5/1/2022 at 9:12 AM, cantankerous said:

Until the board recognizes that the athletic director is running off good coaches and the superintendent is running off good teachers Buna will continue to go downhill.  What they did to Bradley Morgan was embarrassing.

i thought morgan retired?