Beaumont United 62 Mansfield Timberview 57/FINAL

19 hours ago, D3zii said:

Yep everybody back except Arceneaux!!!! Big part but I believe we got some boys coming back 

I thought I heard Yates was going to IMG next year.  If that's the case, they need to work really hard to get that Garrett kid from Marshall.

3 hours ago, JustUs said:

Thanks Beaumont United for another Fantastic Ride on the BU Train to San Antonio.

Some thought we wouldnt get there because we were  too "inconsistent".

Thanks coach Green and staff for on and off the court leadership for these players.

Thanks BU administration and student body for the support at home and away.

Thanks BU True and loyal fans.

Thank you Naysayers for your constructive/negative criticism.

Victory is sweet  Back to Back 5A State Champions BU !

P.S. Shout to 12 News Sports Elam/Cervantes for coverage  in the "Playoffs" 

Thanks Cervantes for some regular season coverage it didnt go unnoticed.

Special thanks to SETXSPORTS for this Format.... until next season adios to all.

47 minutes ago, Charles in Charge said:

I thought I heard Yates was going to IMG next year.  If that's the case, they need to work really hard to get that Garrett kid from Marshall.

Unlike The Greater Metroplex of _ _ _ _ _ _ and others  no recruiting or coercing middle  

school players or their parents to allow their kids to come to BU is done or necessary. 

10 hours ago, Charles in Charge said:

His dad said on Jim’s hicks and hater show he isn’t going anywhere but to BU & he said on his life yesterday prior to the championship he is not leaving ! 

Next year, we lose 2 time state tournament MVP Arceneaux and a reserve due to graduation, however, we do return 2 all tournament team players  in Porchia/Dotson AND the top scorer (and 5 star recruit) in Yates.  Also return a 6’4” big man in Davis and a 6’7” big man.  Of those kids get in the gym and get better, I’d hope that’ll be enough to make a return trip to state. But is there anyone in 6a that’s ready to knock off Duncanville?  I’m not convinced at this very moment…

20 hours ago, Charles in Charge said:

Yates said yesterday at the arrival back to United hes coming back and going for 3 on camara so either hes telling the people one thing and contemplating doing another. The question is why would he leave? 

41 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Next year, we lose 2 time state tournament MVP Arceneaux and a reserve due to graduation, however, we do return 2 all tournament team players  in Porchia/Dotson AND the top scorer (and 5 star recruit) in Yates.  Also return a 6’4” big man in Davis and a 6’7” big man.  Of those kids get in the gym and get better, I’d hope that’ll be enough to make a return trip to state. But is there anyone in 6a that’s ready to knock off Duncanville?  I’m not convinced at this very moment…

Unless Duncanville recruit some kids in, they wont be all that.. they’ll have Holland the big kid Barnes and the guard demmings…give me BU for a 3Peat 

8 minutes ago, Topdawg25 said:

Unless Duncanville recruit some kids in, they wont be all that.. they’ll have Holland the big kid Barnes and the guard demmings…give me BU for a 3Peat 

ESPN has Holland ranked as the #4 overall player in the 2023 class, but he didn't impress me at all in the title game against McKinney. Maybe he had an off night or something. 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Who is that Guidry kid that's always in street clothes on the bench? He's 6'7' why is he not playing?

How could you not include No Limit Payia.. That kid is special.. Dotson, Payia, Yates, Porchia will all return.. It’s 6 juniors and 5 sophomores on this years team.. They will be tough again because those reserves came in during the playoffs and balled.. Roach, Williams, Mickles and Anderson all got action in the playoffs 

22 minutes ago, desethion said:

How could you not include No Limit Payia.. That kid is special.. Dotson, Payia, Yates, Porchia will all return.. It’s 6 juniors and 5 sophomores on this years team.. They will be tough again because those reserves came in during the playoffs and balled.. Roach, Williams, Mickles and Anderson all got action in the playoffs 

My opinion .  Payia is good and has potential, but I need to see him work on his game some this off-season.  I have high expectations for him next season, higher than many would think.  Let’s see how it works out…

I remember after Arceneaux hit the game winning shot everyone thought he was transferring. 

Just give it a rest guys, these are neighborhood kids, not kids playing from different cities or something like that. Homegrown kids who wanted to go to (at the time Central, Ozen or Brook)  I don't think we will have to worry about transferring out to schools like IMG, Oak Hill or etc. like other schools do. 

8 hours ago, D3zii said:

I remember after Arceneaux hit the game winning shot everyone thought he was transferring. 

Just give it a rest guys, these are neighborhood kids, not kids playing from different cities or something like that. Homegrown kids who wanted to go to (at the time Central, Ozen or Brook)  I don't think we will have to worry about transferring out to schools like IMG, Oak Hill or etc. like other schools do. 

And that’s what adds a sparkle to the Crown!

On 3/13/2022 at 2:31 PM, JustUs said:

P.S. Shout to 12 News Sports Elam/Cervantes for coverage  in the "Playoffs" 

Thanks Cervantes for some regular season coverage it didnt go unnoticed.

Special thanks to SETXSPORTS for this Format.... until next season adios to all. 

Thank you
It was fun covering them as always. During the regular season we had BU vs West Brook (x2), Atascocita, La Grange (LA), Silsbee (x2), CE King. Nederland, Barbers Hill and Crosby 

Playoffs: Weiss, Crosby (TexanLive), Dallas Kimball, Timberview 

We we’re assigned to election coverage the night of the GCM game and Mardi Gras coverage the night of the Hightower game. Only reason we missed those.