22-4A All District

4 hours ago, Charles in Charge said:

What does proper timing mean?

A lot of people feel that you should wait until the next day after the final team from the district gets eliminated to announce any all district accolades. Personally I’m indifferent about it but it is what it is  

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

A lot of people feel that you should wait until the next day after the final team from the district gets eliminated to announce any all district accolades. Personally I’m indifferent about it but it is what it is  

I say at least not in the first 5 minutes of the last team remaining loss.

does it matter when it’s posted?

integrity is issue

this is a joke on several picks.

Elliot avg 27 pts/gm and not offensive player 

3 kids on first team - easy should be second team 

2 kids on second team should be 1st team

2 kids on second team should not be

integrity!

we challenge political leaders on poor decisions on critical issues - challenge their integrity 

and who ever picks simple district recognition that means nothing - don’t use integrity and make right nominations 

from high school coaches up to potus - rotten to a core with lack of integrity 

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

integrity is issue

integrity!

we challenge political leaders on poor decisions on critical issues - challenge their integrity 

and who ever picks simple district recognition that means nothing - don’t use integrity and make right nominations 

Shouldn't be 10 players on first team. That's not even including superlatives.

As for when to post, I think it's tacky to do it within 5 minutes of the last team losing.

14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Shouldn't be 10 players on first team. That's not even including superlatives.

As for when to post, I think it's tacky to do it within 5 minutes of the last team losing.

how many first team do you thing should be?

are coaches only ppl that pick team?

if so how can they pick prior to playoffs ending?

and what is criteria if any?

9 minutes ago, The Observer said:

how many first team do you thing should be?

are coaches only ppl that pick team?

if so how can they pick prior to playoffs ending?

and what is criteria if any?

First team and 2nd team should be 5 players each, not counting superlatives. Same amount that one would actually play in a real game.

Coaches are the only ones who nominate and vote on all district.

The vote is done when district ends. All district is strictly for district play, not non or playoffs.

Criteria is up to the coaches.

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

First team and 2nd team should be 5 players each, not counting superlatives. Same amount that one would actually play in a real game.

Coaches are the only ones who nominate and vote on all district.

The vote is down when district ends. All district is strictly for district play, not non or playoffs.

Criteria is up to the coaches.

i agree on 5 and 5 

makes it a little more prestigious to earn

yes playoff should not even be in process - it has nothing to do with district play

1 hour ago, Charles in Charge said:

Observer, give me your mvp, off mvp, Def mvp, newcomer, and five first team guys!

MVP: Harris (no co stuff - make a decision - and at 18.4 pts/gm for entire yr - can still be debated)

Off. MVP: Elliott (27 pts/gm avg)

Def MVP: no good stats to look over to make fair decision but no way Bottely - 1 bk for entire yr/ 15 def rebounds for entire yr - best stat 50 steals for year

Newcomer: i'll take Winn - good leader and ball player

Coach: again pick one: Sigler undefeated unchallenged district champs with all underclassmen

4 hours ago, The Observer said:

integrity is issue

integrity!

You guys care way too much about all district teams, what does all district even mean besides making a few kids feel good about their season and contribution. You don’t get a scholarship, just your name in the paper. We know the really good players make all area teams or all state. By your criteria Vidor would not have a player get recognition in the past decade. Is that fair, probably not some of those kids could play and carried a heavy burden on overmatched teams. If we’re being honest about taking the best basketball players you could probably take the Silsbee starting 5 and sprinkle in a few from Orange County just about every season.

37 minutes ago, The Observer said:

MVP: Harris (no co stuff - make a decision - and at 18.4 pts/gm for entire yr - can still be debated)

Off. MVP: Elliott (27 pts/gm avg)

Def MVP: no good stats to look over to make fair decision but no way Bottely - 1 bk for entire yr/ 15 def rebounds for entire yr - best stat 50 steals for year

Newcomer: i'll take Winn - good leader and ball player

Coach: again pick one: Sigler undefeated unchallenged district champs with all underclassmen

34 minutes ago, The Observer said:

wrinkle - of

miller - sil

one of the wos kids - im not sure his name

last two i would love to see stats - but its secret - anything secret creates doubt - so i cant fill last two spots

Tend to agree with all of that. I typically hate “co’s” because almost always one was better than the rest.  I’m okay with McDonald being co or even coach of the year because he did the most with the least this year, imo.   Harris was the mvp, Elliott deserved offensive poy, and honestly would have probably given Miller defensive because he was one of the best two players in the league period.   

12 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

You guys care way too much about all district teams, what does all district even mean besides making a few kids feel good about their season and contribution. You don’t get a scholarship, just your name in the paper. We know the really good players make all area teams or all state. By your criteria Vidor would not have a player get recognition in the past decade. Is that fair, probably not some of those kids could play and carried a heavy burden on overmatched teams. If we’re being honest about taking the best basketball players you could probably take the Silsbee starting 5 and sprinkle in a few from Orange County just about every season.

your right no scholarships, no parade, no nothing. But it just about respect from the coaches from your district. its about recognition for hard work put in.

again like you said, if you dont get the respect or recognition - it impacts nothing moving forward.

not one kid from this district will be playing at the 3rd level - but all of us remember when we once was good - it just a respect thing - coach (suppose to be leaders) should make right choices - when you old and grey sharing stories with grand kids

yes you are right about Vidor too, some great athletes have come from vidor and got little to no respect.

i know i played rugby with guy out of vidor- bo brown - i believe i am much older than him so not sure what recognition he got - i was 35 and i think he was in 20's when we played rugby. hell of an athelete

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Tend to agree with all of that. I typically hate “co’s” because almost always one was better than the rest.  I’m okay with McDonald being co or even coach of the year because he did the most with the least this year, imo.   Harris was the mvp, Elliott deserved offensive poy, and honestly would have probably given Miller defensive because he was one of the best two players in the league period.   

I thought ofield had 2 of the better guards in the district

6 minutes ago, bigboss667 said:

I thought ofield had 2 of the better guards in the district

OF did have 2 good guards

Lum a good guard, Vidor a good guard, WOS had a good guard

Silsbee and LCM kids good but it like they were forwards - not sure if you list Elliott as guard or not 

but some good kids out top

Y’all are sleeping on Bottley as defensive MVP, he was the one who the Silsbee coaches trusted to defend the other teams best player. Blocked shots or rebounds, no but it is a very valuable thing to have a lock down defensive player who can take the other teams best player out of the game. I’d like to get a Silsbee fans opinion but they seemed to love the effort Bottley gave them every game over there.

6 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Y’all are sleeping on Bottley as defensive MVP, he was the one who the Silsbee coaches trusted to defend the other teams best player. Blocked shots or rebounds, no but it is a very valuable thing to have a lock down defensive player who can take the other teams best player out of the game. I’d like to get a Silsbee fans opinion but they seemed to love the effort Bottley gave them every game over there.

I agree I thought he was pretty good 

8 minutes ago, The Observer said:

OF did have 2 good guards

Lum a good guard, Vidor a good guard, WOS had a good guard

Silsbee and LCM kids good but it like they were forwards - not sure if you list Elliott as guard or not 

but some good kids out top

Lcm guard was dang good, they had good guard play, ofield, had good guard play, so did Silsbee 

9 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Bottley was Silsbee's best defender. Period!