Silsbee 62 SOC Faith Family 70/FINAL

On 3/11/2022 at 9:40 PM, JimThorpe said:

From my perspective this game looked like a pretty even matchup.  Wouldn’t surprise me a bit to see Silsbee take them if the met again tomorrow.  I’d bought into the conventional wisdom that FF was pretty much unbeatable in 4A.  Having seen this game I realize that’s simply not true.  The Tigers made a lot of mistakes and were in no way playing over their heads.  They played the same kind of game they’ve been playing for the last two weeks. In fact I think they played at least as well last Saturday and maybe better.  The Tigers certainly didn’t catch a break from the officiating.  I’ll be generous and call it about even both ways.

Once the Tigers had fought back, which they were bound to do, it came down to pure happenstance, the bounce of the ball, two very good, evenly matched teams playing as hard as they could trying to catch a break or make a break and close it out.  Obviously these two teams strengths were very different but they played off about evenly.  

Next year the state had better watch out for whoever comes out of Region III.

couldnt said it better