Silsbee 62 SOC Faith Family 70/FINAL

Extra proud of Silsbee. No one in 4a could have done this well of a job. If we could have nailed a few more free and 3s and not give up that 6-0 run in the 3rd, it could have been th upset we wanted. Silsbee has nothing to hang their heads about. Silsbee will be a year older and a year bigger next season. Lord bless no injuries and we will be back. 

13 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee finished 3/25 from three. 20/64 from field.

FF length had a lot to do with that shooting percentage.

Silsbee with great effort.

Havent got to watch the game yet but looking at the stats that was the difference,  i could live with everything else but shoot 31% when they shot 54% and you are probably gonna end up on the short end.  No concellation prize or anything like that but a game like that against a built team with that type of height advantage and i am very proud of this team.  It speaks alot to their drive to play a game like that.

FF had better overall talent.  I was impressed with their FT shooting, especially Caldwell.  They hit 3s when they needed to.  They were fatigued in that 2nd half.  Down the stretch Silsbee needed someone else besides Miler & Harris to step up and hit a lick, hit some shots.  

46 minutes ago, Who That said:

Silsbee out rebounded FF 37 - 35  Played with heart. Just couldn't get the shots to fall.  🤷🏻‍♂️😵

They're not that much better than them. Tigers left alot of points out there.if they played 2 out 3 silsbee wins.but it's all abt that one game.hats off to the tigers and u best believe they will be a problem for the next 2 yrs.

19 minutes ago, dj said:

They're not that much better than them. Tigers left alot of points out there.if they played 2 out 3 silsbee wins.but it's all abt that one game.hats off to the tigers and u best believe they will be a problem for the next 2 yrs.

Thanks..! But for the next 5 years Silsbee will be a hand full" for anyone.! 🤗🐅🏀

From my perspective this game looked like a pretty even matchup.  Wouldn’t surprise me a bit to see Silsbee take them if the met again tomorrow.  I’d bought into the conventional wisdom that FF was pretty much unbeatable in 4A.  Having seen this game I realize that’s simply not true.  The Tigers made a lot of mistakes and were in no way playing over their heads.  They played the same kind of game they’ve been playing for the last two weeks. In fact I think they played at least as well last Saturday and maybe better.  The Tigers certainly didn’t catch a break from the officiating.  I’ll be generous and call it about even both ways.

Once the Tigers had fought back, which they were bound to do, it came down to pure happenstance, the bounce of the ball, two very good, evenly matched teams playing as hard as they could trying to catch a break or make a break and close it out.  Obviously these two teams strengths were very different but they played off about evenly.  

Next year the state had better watch out for whoever comes out of Region III.

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

There are some rumblings here in SA about an investigation on an ineligible player for Faith Family. Had a few people ask me about it.

I don't believe it but I'm trying to get more information.

Hmmm…and if so is there a rule/precedent for them to follow at this point?

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Heard the saw thing but I don't know how true it is. Im sure they have 4 or 5 ineligible players but the UIL won't do nothing. 

FFA is a charter school. Other than grades what would make them ineligible. They serve the DFW area. That’s nearly 45 cities.  

4 hours ago, ST413 said:

Hmmm…and if so is there a rule/precedent for them to follow at this point?

First of all I believe it to be nothing but disgruntled talk. If there is an investigation, I think it would have come up before the state tourney. I imagine Dallas Carter and others in that region would have brought this to light.

No different rule/precedent other than what happens when a school has ineligible player(s). They have to forfeit games that were played with these players. If this is the case, then look for Hirschi to be declared state champs with an *.

I honestly do not think this to be true.

18 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

First of all I believe it to be nothing but disgruntled talk. If there is an investigation, I think it would have come up before the state tourney. I imagine Dallas Carter and others in that region would have brought this to light.

No different rule/precedent other than what happens when a school has ineligible player(s). They have to forfeit games that were played with these players. If this is the case, then look for Hirschi to be declared state champs with an *.

I honestly do not think this to be true.

I wouldn’t expect any truth to it either.  Saw other rumors on the Kimball situation as well.  They only had the one player out though didn’t they?