Lamar University looking for another AD

I hope they find a good one

Lamar really needs to go to Division2 or 3 or NAIA, because all major sports can’t compete at Division 1 level

They are playing with Division 2 or worse talent

Bruder won in softball, Hooks can’t sniff a win

Price teams at least played close.  Brooks couldn’t win 1 Division 1 game

Harmony won, this one hasn’t had a winning season yet

Gilligan won, Davis’s record is poor and football is just flat awful 

A combination of poor recruiting and poor coaching

I think the WAC is very disappointed with allowing Lamar in

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 5:08 PM, spidersal said:

I think the WAC is very disappointed with allowing Lamar in

I don't have a vested interest in LU, but when the WAC news broke I followed it some. Seems like internally in the WAC there was a lot of opposition to Lamar joining, but due to needing to fill things out Lamar was accepted over notable objections. 

Now those same ones who spoke up are in "I told you so" mode to the ones who pushed Lamar in.  

It's  long over due in all sports for sure.  Lamar has struggled for years. Jeff O'Malley has been around a successful program. I hope he has great luck at Lamar.  turning Lamar around to a consistence winner and have a great graduating rate of student/athletes.  

I hope he can convince Lamar to give him a bigger athletic budget to be able to turn the programs around. It’s been operating on a very small budget compared to other schools their size that are competitive. Plus most of the other schools have more things for students to do around town then Lamar has to offer. What does Beaumont and the surrounding area have for the students to do for fun? Go swimming in the Neches River?

4 hours ago, Coach85 said:

I hope he can convince Lamar to give him a bigger athletic budget to be able to turn the programs around. It’s been operating on a very small budget compared to other schools their size that are competitive. Plus most of the other schools have more things for students to do around town then Lamar has to offer. What does Beaumont and the surrounding area have for the students to do for fun? Go swimming in the Neches River?

They can come see the world famous windmill and the Welkom to Nederland sign on Boston Ave. 😂😂😂 IYKYK