Favorite Coach's Sayings

Bulldogs92

9 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Note even one of WOS own posters (mat) alluded to T being a closet racist. We have to have zero tolerance across the board. Its shameful some of you are here defending racist slurs used against the African American student athletes at WOS by a white man.

The accusations @mat spoke of have been an issue for us. But I don't think he alluded to anything close to what you implied. At this point, you're literally beating a dead horse. Coach T has retired after recommending an African American man to replace him. 

10 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Was McNair literally speaking of "inmates"? NO, but it didn't matter. It was immediately and forcefully deemed a racist slur. If "inmates' is a racist slur, and Chain Gang is a racist slur, then "Suspects" is absolutely a racist slur Coach T used. Randomly ask anyone on the streets what a "suspect" is, and they will tell you its someone the police thinks committed a crime. Every single time. 

Note even one of WOS own posters (mat) alluded to T being a closet racist. We have to have zero tolerance across the board. Its shameful some of you are here defending racist slurs used against the African American student athletes at WOS by a white man.

That might be true, but not necessarily a black person that has committed a crime.

Is it a racial term if a black police chief uses the word "suspect"?

Still can't see how that word is racial. smh

On 3/17/2022 at 7:33 PM, Separation Scientist said:

Was T called out for Racism? 

Why not? 

Maybe because he's not a racist and everybody who knows him, knows that.  The "suspect" had nothing to do with kids on the team other than they were suspected of being able to play the game or not.  That's what he meant and that's ALL he meant.  51 years of coaching all races and you want to make something nasty out of him saying suspect or prospect?

On 3/21/2022 at 11:43 AM, mat said:

A recent quote from Peevey in the Bum Phillips award story about hiring great support staff.

"If I'm the smartest person in the room, I'm in the wrong room."

Totally agree with this. I've always been more successful when the people I work with push me to be better. Bum Phillips was next-level when it came to understanding human nature and how he fit into it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 7:14 AM, WOSdrummer99 said:

The accusations @mat spoke of have been an issue for us. But I don't think he alluded to anything close to what you implied. At this point, you're literally beating a dead horse. Coach T has retired after recommending an African American man to replace him. 

That's exactly why he recommended him, so this would be said. Very Methodical, T goes out with a trick play !

On 3/19/2022 at 4:24 PM, Separation Scientist said:

Your deflection fails. The word "suspects" is commonly used to identify a criminal in an investigation. You, I and everyone else knows that. "Suspects," once convicted, become "inmates", the exact word McNair used that caused the meltdown. All who live in the WOS ISD should rightfully take offense to a racially loaded term like "suspects" given the inordinately high incarceration rate of young black males. If "Chain Gang" is offensive, "suspects" certainly should be too. No way around that!

No one is yet willing to answer why T gets a pass. If T was a 0.500 coach, who goes out 1st or 2nd round, would he have still got the pass? Anyone want to man up (or woman up) and give a straight answer? Why has this question triggered the otherwise vocal WOS posters so badly?  T should not have called his players that racist term. 

Some of the WOS folks are hell bent on making sure this program is never successful again. It's a tragedy to watch. 

LSU I the 60’s had a cool name for their defense, Chinese Bandits.  Just a catchy phrase, but it built unity and seem to aspire them to more intensity.

Read some great quotes on here, but I think most of us would agree that the absolute King of Quotes is Yogi Berra.  The guy was a veritable genius at using the English language.  We’re all familiar with the familiar ones (lol, me being Yogi) - it ain’t over till it’s over & when you come to a fork in the road, take it, but there are some great obscure ones that aren’t as familiar - half the lies they tell about me aren’t true & I’m not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia, they can walk to school like I did.  Yep, old Yogi is the King!