Favorite Coach's Sayings

Bulldogs92

22 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Coach T (2016)

"Winning breeds winning" one of my favs.

I know that being a Jasper guy means we shouldn't like anything about you guys, but Coach T is great. Every now and then when Jasper has had open weeks. I would listen to your games on KOGT and I loved the postgame interviews. 

28 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

You are a WOS guy, I am not. You, and other WOS people would know, I would not. 

Are you afraid to answer or something?  

Afraid? What are you, a clown?  No I wouldn't know. I know he did a lot of good for his kids, the other I can't honestly say one way or the other. I guess as long as there are bottom feeders the debate will go on.

4 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

You are a WOS guy, I am not. You, and other WOS people would know, I would not. 

Are you afraid to answer or something?  

No, I don't believe it had anything to do with calling kids "suspects." I know it's gonna be a long spring. But if we could get back on topic...

There's the one Coach T liked to say about, No ugly girls left at the dance.

Maybe that's not exactly how he said it. Before anyone thinks he's talking bad about young women. It's actually about being 3 or 4 rounds deep in the playoffs.

23 hours ago, Majestyk said:

Afraid? What are you, a clown?  No I wouldn't know. I know he did a lot of good for his kids, the other I can't honestly say one way or the other. I guess as long as there are bottom feeders the debate will go on.

There was a MELTDOWN when Bob McNair said "inmates running the asylum". The Houston media and ESPN freaked out, calling McNair a "racist". The comment T made is very nearly the same. A fair question is "Was T called out for Racism? Why not?"

All you are doing is calling people names like clown and bottom feeders, stooping low. WOS posters are always vocal, so why is this fair question being avoided? Why is it triggering you and 99? 

Can't you just man up and answer the question straight? Why wasn't T called out for racism?    

29 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

There was a MELTDOWN when Bob McNair said "inmates running the asylum". The Houston media and ESPN freaked out, calling McNair a "racist". The comment T made is very nearly the same. A fair question is "Was T called out for Racism? Why not?"

All you are doing is calling people names like clown and bottom feeders, stooping low. WOS posters are always vocal, so why is this fair question being avoided? Why is it triggering you and 99? 

Can't you just man up and answer the question straight? Why wasn't T called out for racism?    

Check out any dictionary at your local google library. And you'll learn there's a big difference between inmates and suspects.

Avoided??? Trigger????

Nope I answered your question. And gave you another example that explains how, out of context, anything can be taken negatively. Move along to next issue that hurt your feelings... we have.

WOS 112%

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Check out any dictionary at your local google library. And you'll learn there's a big difference between inmates and suspects.

Avoided??? Trigger????

Nope I answered your question. And gave you another example that explains how, out of context, anything can be taken negatively. Move along to next issue that hurt your feelings... we have.

WOS 112%

Your deflection fails. The word "suspects" is commonly used to identify a criminal in an investigation. You, I and everyone else knows that. "Suspects," once convicted, become "inmates", the exact word McNair used that caused the meltdown. All who live in the WOS ISD should rightfully take offense to a racially loaded term like "suspects" given the inordinately high incarceration rate of young black males. If "Chain Gang" is offensive, "suspects" certainly should be too. No way around that!

No one is yet willing to answer why T gets a pass. If T was a 0.500 coach, who goes out 1st or 2nd round, would he have still got the pass? Anyone want to man up (or woman up) and give a straight answer? Why has this question triggered the otherwise vocal WOS posters so badly?  T should not have called his players that racist term. 

19 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Suspects," once convicted, become "inmates"

"Once convicted" is the key term there. I suspect you're not a real Scientist. Does that make me a racist? Or you a liar?

22 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

All who live in the WOS ISD should rightfully take offense to a racially loaded term like "suspects" given the inordinately high incarceration rate of young black males.

Maybe you don't know there are multiple races on the field for the Mustangs.

21 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

"Once convicted" is the key term there. I suspect you're not a real Scientist. Does that make me a racist? Or you a liar?

Maybe you don't know there are multiple races on the field for the Mustangs.

Still avoiding the question, 99. "Suspects" by definition means part of a criminal investigation. Its directly linked to criminals, like it or not. Young black males have an inordinately high incarceration rate. WOS is African American (58.1%), Hispanic (18.6%), White (17.8%). 84.8% receive a free or discounted lunch. Young black males compose the vast majority of the WOS football team.    

WOS needs to self examine why they allowed (especially) a white coach to use the racist term "Suspects" to describe WOS student athletes. T probably should have been fired for racism. Still looking for a real answer, not continuing deflections. Why are you so badly triggered by this? If Chain Gang is racist, then Suspects is racist.   

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

Still avoiding the question, 99. "Suspects" by definition means part of a criminal investigation. Its directly linked to criminals, like it or not. Young black males have an inordinately high incarceration rate. WOS is African American (58.1%), Hispanic (18.6%), White (17.8%). 84.8% receive a free or discounted lunch. Young black males compose the vast majority of the WOS football team.    

WOS needs to self examine why they allowed (especially) a white coach to use the racist term "Suspects" to describe WOS student athletes. T probably should have been fired for racism. Still looking for a real answer, not continuing deflections. Why are you so badly triggered by this? If Chain Gang is racist, then Suspects is racist.   

Certain small circles have made some racist claims about CT.

If as you say, the term suspect refers to a criminal, it does not single out a race. If a coach from another school. say one with a majority of white athletes, were to use the term "suspects", would it be racist? I assume not. So because of where CT coaches, his comment is racist? Reality is my friend, you have twisted this into a race issue because of the race of the athletes which in turn makes you the racist. 

Why don't you go to his house, look him in the face and ask him then you'll know. Problem solved.  C'mon, you're the man. Problem solved.  Then you can go on to something new to stir up and snivel about.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Never thought that the word "suspects" is a racial term.

Would that word "suspect" be racial if one used it in an all white community?

I never thought Chain Gang was a racial term, but WOS sure did. Chain Gangs have had inmates of every ethnicity on them, but clearly its offensive to the black community at WOS. Feeling were hurt and the term was eliminated. There is no difference here. "Suspects" is a term used for a criminal investigation, and young black males are highly incarcerated, relative to others. I have already explained that.    

22 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

Why don't you go to his house, look him in the face and ask him then you'll know. Problem solved.  C'mon, you're the man. Problem solved.  Then you can go on to something new to stir up and snivel about.

I don't know where he lives, or do I care. I am asking the posters here, the outspoken WOS community, why they allowed a white coach T to call his players a racist name. Clearly feeling were hurt with the Chain Gang moniker, so calling young black males on the WOS team "suspects" is just as bad. My question why is there hyper sensitivity about the hurtful Chain Gang name, but not the Suspect name, has yet to be answered. Don't you care about the hurt feelings of young black males at WOS? No young black male WANTS to be called a "Suspect".  The administration at WOS should erase every record and image of T in their system. There should be a zero tolerance for for the hateful, hurtful speech he used to describe his predominantly black team.       

2 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I don't know where he lives, or do I care. I am asking the posters here, the outspoken WOS community, why they allowed a white coach T to call his players a racist name. Clearly feeling were hurt with the Chain Gang moniker, so calling young black males on the WOS team "suspects" is just as bad. My question why is there hyper sensitivity about the hurtful Chain Gang name, but not the Suspect name, has yet to be answered. Don't you care about the hurt feelings of young black males at WOS? No young black male WANTS to be called a "Suspect".  The administration at WOS should erase every record and image of T in their system. There should be a zero tolerance for for the hateful, hurtful speech he used to describe his predominantly black team.       

I would think the answer to be that nobody but you thinks the word "suspects" is racial.

With that last statement, I now believe you to be just facetious.

You can believe anything you want. Personally, I abhor racist language from anyone, but its especially hurtful and harmful name calling coming from a privileged white man as addressed to young black males at WOS. 

You know, if a white person calls the police on a young black male, and describes the black male as a "suspect", you can bet the Justice Department, BLM, etc. would go ballistic. If any type of altercation was to ensue, the white male WOULD be charged with a hate crime just because of using that word. 

Maybe T is a closet racist, like the poster mat alluded to above. You just can't pretend away the fact that word has clear racist connotations just like Chain Gang, but that's exactly what most here are trying to do.   

You can believe anything you want. Personally, I abhor racist language from anyone, but its especially hurtful and harmful name calling coming from a privileged white man as addressed to young black males at WOS. 

You know, if a white person calls the police on a young black male, and describes the black male as a "suspect", you can bet the Justice Department, BLM, etc. would go ballistic. If any type of altercation was to ensue, the white male WOULD be charged with a hate crime just because of using that word. 

Maybe T is a closet racist, like the poster mat alluded to above. You just can't pretend away the fact that word has clear racist connotations just like Chain Gang, but that's exactly what most here are trying to do.   

I don't think there are any more straws for you to grasp at. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that “suspects” (in the context of Coach T’s quote) are players who may not make the team because their effort is SUSPECT, or their conditioning is SUSPECT, or their talent is SUSPECT. 

1 hour ago, BEARCPA said:

I don't think there are any more straws for you to grasp at. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that “suspects” (in the context of Coach T’s quote) are players who may not make the team because their effort is SUSPECT, or their conditioning is SUSPECT, or their talent is SUSPECT. 

Was McNair literally speaking of "inmates"? NO, but it didn't matter. It was immediately and forcefully deemed a racist slur. If "inmates' is a racist slur, and Chain Gang is a racist slur, then "Suspects" is absolutely a racist slur Coach T used. Randomly ask anyone on the streets what a "suspect" is, and they will tell you its someone the police thinks committed a crime. Every single time. 

Note even one of WOS own posters (mat) alluded to T being a closet racist. We have to have zero tolerance across the board. Its shameful some of you are here defending racist slurs used against the African American student athletes at WOS by a white man.