Silsbee vs Faith Family

Booker T and Faith Family aren't the same type of teams. The keys for Silsbee to win will be forcing turnovers, free throws, and knock down 3s like we did vs Booker T. Anyone can be beat in a one game scenario. I find it trash that #1 vs #2 has to be a semifinals game. Ill take Silsbee in a major upset 81-77. 

20 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

I watched a McKinney team that isn't much bigger than Silsbee take down FF right before the season started. It can be done. Of course that McKinney team is very good.

We just can't forget how to make 3s if we want any kind of chance.

McKinney isn’t no slouch.. It was summer ball and I don’t put to much into summer ball but McKinney did handle United quite well this past summer… 

FF lost by 4 to a team that's in the 5A final four, by 16 to North Little Rock (#7 in the nation) who beat Beaumont United this year, Liberty out of Nevada by 17 who just upset Bishop Gorman (#35 in the nation) and is in the state semis, and lost by 7 to Bishop Gorman, the #1 team in Nevada (#19 in the nation).   Those are their losses this year.  I'm rooting for Silsbee like the rest of you, and they certainly have a chance in this one, but I give them 1/4 odds.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

FF lost by 4 to a team that's in the 5A final four, by 16 to North Little Rock (#7 in the nation) who beat Beaumont United this year, Liberty out of Nevada by 17 who just upset Bishop Gorman (#35 in the nation) and is in the state semis, and lost by 7 to Bishop Gorman, the #1 team in Nevada (#19 in the nation).   Those are their losses this year.  I'm rooting for Silsbee like the rest of you, and they certainly have a chance in this one, but I give them 1/4 odds.  

Then you win by 5 against a team that’s ranked 278  in the state of Texas  which is Kaufman  and I know for a fact we beat them by 30 if ever play them , I like our chances … to the attic they go 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Wish this was a state championship game. Rooting for Silsbee. 🤞🏾

It's not the Championship game but it kind of is.  Know what I mean?  

In our minds we remember Team USA beating the Russians in the 1980 Winter Olympics for the Gold Medal.  But that's not exactly what happened.  Team USA had to come from behind to beat team Finland 4 - 2 for the Gold Medal.  That game was played two days after we defeated Russia in the first game of the gold medal round.

In fact this 4A Championship is very much like the 1980 Winter Olympics hockey Gold Medal round.  We have 4 teams.  2 Good teams, 1 Better team, and one Best team.  The Better team has to play the Best team in the the semi.  And the odds are stacked pretty high Better team because the Best team is so strong.   But even if the Better team manages to defeat the Best team the Better team still has a tough game against one of the Good teams to win the Championship

And in spirit it's exactly the same.  The Best team in the 1980 Olympics, which was supposed to be strickly amateur athletics at that time, the Russians, were really a professional national team from the largest nation on earth that considered hockey it's national sport.  The other three really were amateur national teams, especially team USA which was mostly NCAA players and very young.  Faith Family doesn't have a football team so basketball is in reality their "national sport".  Silsbee, Boerne and Hirsch all play football.  And thought all three are basketball schools football is still their biggest draw.  This is Texas after all.  

And another similarity was that team USA didn't have to win a series against the Russians, just one game.  A 1979, a year before the Olympics, team Russia beat the NHL All Star team in a best of 3 series held at Madison Square Gardens.  2 - 4, 5 - 4, 6 - 0.  No way could team USA have beaten Russia in a series, even a three game one.  They would have figured us out and that would have been that.  

FYI:  The Canadian NHL All Star team DID beat the Russian national team in an exhibition series in 1976.  Arguably it was the hardest fought sports series in the history of team sports at any level.  The national pride of two sporting nations, both of whom considered hockey to be their national sport, sport was on the line..  The Canadians fell behind in first games held in Canada and had to make their comeback and win the final game in Russia.  Epic.  Look it up.  

1 hour ago, T-Lu said:

Then you win by 5 against a team that’s ranked 278  in the state of Texas  which is Kaufman  and I know for a fact we beat them by 30 if ever play them , I like our chances … to the attic they go 

they beat Bishop Lynch by 16, who turned around and beat y'all by 20.  i mean, if we're going off of one result.  they also followed up that win against Kaufman by beating Carter, who also beat silsbee... and the same place you're getting your rankings has WOS ranked 567.  how many did y'all beat them by the first time y'all played?  Like I said, I'm pulling for Silsbee, but any effort to dismiss how good FF is is ridiculous.  Silsbee certainly has a chance, but they're definitely dogs in this one.

Guest mrtomcat
2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Wish this was a state championship game. Rooting for Silsbee. 🤞🏾

BASED ON RECORDS, I ASSUMED SILSBEE WOULD DRAW ONE OF THE OTHER OPPONENTS.  SADLY I WAS MISTAKEN

Go to YouTube if you haven't seen Faith Family play. They lost to Kimball by 3. Silsbee would need to play close to perfect. That could happen. Silsbee and Carter played close to perfect in 2018 with Silsbee winning state. This team is built different but their will to win is incredible. 

56 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

It's not the Championship game but it kind of is.  Know what I mean?  

In our minds we remember Team USA beating the Russians in the 1980 Winter Olympics for the Gold Medal.  But that's not exactly what happened.  Team USA had to come from behind to beat team Finland 4 - 2 for the Gold Medal.  That game was played two days after we defeated Russia in the first game of the gold medal round.

In fact this 4A Championship is very much like the 1980 Winter Olympics hockey Gold Medal round.  We have 4 teams.  2 Good teams, 1 Better team, and one Best team.  The Better team has to play the Best team in the the semi.  And the odds are stacked pretty high Better team because the Best team is so strong.   But even if the Better team manages to defeat the Best team the Better team still has a tough game against one of the Good teams to win the Championship

And in spirit it's exactly the same.  The Best team in the 1980 Olympics, which was supposed to be strickly amateur athletics at that time, the Russians, were really a professional national team from the largest nation on earth that considered hockey it's national sport.  The other three really were amateur national teams, especially team USA which was mostly NCAA players and very young.  Faith Family doesn't have a football team so basketball is in reality their "national sport".  Silsbee, Boerne and Hirsch all play football.  And thought all three are basketball schools football is still their biggest draw.  This is Texas after all.  

And another similarity was that team USA didn't have to win a series against the Russians, just one game.  A 1979, a year before the Olympics, team Russia beat the NHL All Star team in a best of 3 series held at Madison Square Gardens.  2 - 4, 5 - 4, 6 - 0.  No way could team USA have beaten Russia in a series, even a three game one.  They would have figured us out and that would have been that.  

FYI:  The Canadian NHL All Star team DID beat the Russian national team in an exhibition series in 1976.  Arguably it was the hardest fought sports series in the history of team sports at any level.  The national pride of two sporting nations, both of whom considered hockey to be their national sport, sport was on the line..  The Canadians fell behind in first games held in Canada and had to make their comeback and win the final game in Russia.  Epic.  Look it up.  

Ok. 

Teams with the two best records are placed on the opposite side of each other. Tigers had the same record as Borne.

What's funny is that first game against Dobie Silsbee lost is mainly why this game is happening. A team the Tigers could have smashed if half our players weren't either missing or barely played.

It doesn't really matter though. You can't duck someone if your goal is a ring.

I don't expect Silsbee to win. Just go out there and give them as much hell as you can. 

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

they beat Bishop Lynch by 16, who turned around and beat y'all by 20.  i mean, if we're going off of one result.  they also followed up that win against Kaufman by beating Carter, who also beat silsbee... and the same place you're getting your rankings has WOS ranked 567.  how many did y'all beat them by the first time y'all played?  Like I said, I'm pulling for Silsbee, but any effort to dismiss how good FF is is ridiculous.  Silsbee certainly has a chance, but they're definitely dogs in this one.

We beat Wos orange by 40 round 2 .. so we know which game  was a fluke . And went to the plex played under they whistle (homecooking) …. We not the same team when we played in that tournament … give me us by 6 

40 minutes ago, T-Lu said:

We beat Wos orange by 40 round 2 .. so we know which game  was a fluke . And went to the plex played under they whistle (homecooking) …. We not the same team when we played in that tournament … give me us by 6 

T-Lu, I'm from Silsbee and have seen alkt of basketball. Faith Family isn't a 4A school or team. It still baffles me how they are in 4A. There equal to United, Kimball, and maybe a notch under Duncanville due to the fact they are a charter school. Silsbee has Dawgs, but this game will be very very tough to win. I tend to think FF has some kids who could be 19yrs🙄👀

Seems like Silsbee is peaking at the right time.  Honestly, I thought they would lose to Washington but I was wrong.  If there is a team that could beat Faith Family, it’s Silsbee.  Tigers just need to grab rebounds and don’t have a ton of turnovers.  Silsbee’s style of basketball will give this team fits.  But I’m hoping size doesn’t play a factor.  I have Silsbee losing by 10 in this one though.  Prove me wrong again, Smoke Town.