Silsbee 80 Houston Washington 74/FINAL

16 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I had Silsbee winning by 5, they won by 6. Can't get them all right. lol

You were right but you’ve got to admit it wasn’t a hard call.  After watching Washington yesterday and seeing what the Tigers comfort level would be with the venue it was clear.  You could see it coming in advance almost as if it was already a memory.

Silsbee was happier here than the last two gyms and the shooting showed it.  So there wasn’t going to be a letdown.

So without a letdown the thing is almost mathematical.

I live maybe 3 miles from BT Washington. For 20 years I worked at a DPS driver license office.  High School students from all around would come in to get their IDs or DL permits.  Many of the high school coaches are required to have a class B cdL passenger endorsement so they can drive the school buses.  Coach Vincent Grayson the Washington basketball coach used to come in to keep his  CDL going.  When I told him I was from Silsbee we hit it off.  We been talking reg III class 4A basketball off and on for 6 or 7 years.  

Guest mrtomcat
1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

Even professional athletes get fatigued. Fail to see why it's so hard to believe it can't happen to high school kids.

Who cares right now though. 

Tigers going back to state!!!

59 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Tell em Bullets.  HJ knows better than most.

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

You score 41pts after the 1st qtr🙄. "Yall" people had 2 players foul out and others in foul trouble. Silsbee 6500 population vs HISD 2.75 million. 80-74 Tigers!! 

The better team won the game.  Fatigue had nothing to do with the outcome.  SETX basketball mindset "we're gonna run them to death" and they'll get fatigued/tired like the other not good basketball teams in SETX do when we put pressure on'em.

You guys need to get outside of greater Beaumont and live life.

1) Silsbee was the better team

2) I predicted a Silsbee win

3) Silsbee was better so they won the game

14 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

The better team won the game.  Fatigue had nothing to do with the outcome.  SETX basketball mindset "we're gonna run them to death" and they'll get fatigued/tired like the other not good basketball teams in SETX do when we put pressure on'em.

I live in Houston lol!!! 

11 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Not sure but I'm guessing it could be 

Silsbee vs Boerne 

Faith Family vs winner Canyon/Hirschi 

Miller had 29 Harris 22 and Harper 12. 

If tabc records are correct as of the last rankings, If Hirschi wins we will be one the top two seeds with FF.  This placed opposite them. If Canyon wins they will take that spot and we will have to see where the flip places us.

1 hour ago, mrtomcat said:

I've been going to the state basketball tournament since 1972. 50 straight years of attending. I have seen my fair share of quality games and teams. Many times at the state tournament I witnessed very good teams tire out in the 2nd half due to the other team's relentless pressure. It happens. Sometimes you can see it happening based on the first half of play.

I believe Silsbee was the better overall team (depth, coaching) in this match up. But to completely dismiss the fact that Washington only plays 6 players and coming off a tough game with LBJ less than 20 hours prior, they had to face a Silsbee team that was deeper and kept up the pressure, would be showing lack of knowledge of the game.