22-3A All District

16 minutes ago, mfd814 said:

The offensive MVP had over 100 3’s.  While a few games he was 0.   I was at every game except maybe 2-3.   Every team either doubled him,  yelled shooter or 3, when he touched the ball.  One team ran a box and one for awhile.   
  And the district coaches voted on it.  

That's the case for every all district team. Pretty sure that is common knowledge.

Guest mrtomcat
36 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I guess either just about every district coach just hates Buna or just thought what they voted for was correct 

they dont press enough thats why

2 hours ago, mfd814 said:

The offensive MVP had over 100 3’s.  While a few games he was 0.   I was at every game except maybe 2-3.   Every team either doubled him,  yelled shooter or 3, when he touched the ball.  One team ran a box and one for awhile.   
  And the district coaches voted on it.  

He didn’t have 100 3s in district. I dont think anyone would say that he isn’t a good player, but there wasn’t another player in district that could be deserving of this more?

I think the reason people are questioning it because he only shot threes. Not very versatile, but was very good at 3s.  There were a couple others in the running but nobody stood out. Maybe #0 or #11 for Buna or #15 for EC. But for the players that didn’t get the honors they thought they deserved is added inspiration for next year.

Hey it’s just my opinion. If I’m picking a team of players out of this district he wouldn’t be in my top 5.  I like the kid personally off the court…
My philosophy is probably different than most tho.  I’m a defense 1st type of guy.

the 3 is not be all end all to me….To many caught up in the nba entertainment.

to be offensive mvp….gotta do more than just shoot the three and again that’s my standard.

Minus sells your telling me he s the 1st guy you take in a draft of this district based district performances?

24 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I hate to even bring this up but there’s a pretty good coach on the bench in Winnie. He graduated heavy and still managed to share a portion of the district championship but that’s a discussion for another time. 

Yepp, its crazy to think that one of the best high school basketball coaches in the state is actually underrated. 

On 3/9/2022 at 2:56 PM, whsalum said:

I hate to even bring this up but there’s a pretty good coach on the bench in Winnie. He graduated heavy and still managed to share a portion of the district championship but that’s a discussion for another time. 

his entire team was full of juniors that had playing time the previous year and a few of them have been playing on the varsity since they are freshmen  

13 hours ago, UNT-AggieMan said:

his entire team was full of juniors that had playing time the previous year and a few of them have been playing on the varsity since they are freshmen  

He still graduated heavy. He lost the best player in the district . Those kinda players are hard to replace. 

• 2 weeks later...