22-3A All District

7 minutes ago, allsportsfanatic said:

Anyone seen a list for this group since everyone in our district is now out of the playoff?  Really anxious to see who gets what. 

Was wondering that myself. Several deserving for sure for the top awards

8 minutes ago, allsportsfanatic said:

Anyone seen a list for this group since everyone in our district is now out of the playoff?  Really anxious to see who gets what. 

I guess it depends on what 3A district you are talking about.

We cover three 3A districts here. 21-3A, 22-3A and 23-3A.

21-3A still has Diboll in playoffs. Other two district are done.

Buna got two first team guys, a second, and newcomer of the year… What else should they have gotten? Coach of the year? TABC predictions had them placing 2nd . They ended up finishing in a 3 way tie for first with Kountze who  wasn’t even picked in the top 4 so No couldn’t be that…. MVP ? Idk maybe… idk the stats of the Buna kids but Sells for Kountze avg 21 ppg (As a freshman). Without him Kountze probably isn’t in the top 4. 

50 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Buna got two first team guys, a second, and newcomer of the year… What else should they have gotten? Coach of the year? TABC predictions had them placing 2nd . They ended up finishing in a 3 way tie for first with Kountze who  wasn’t even picked in the top 4 so No couldn’t be that…. MVP ? Idk maybe… idk the stats of the Buna kids but Sells for Kountze avg 21 ppg (As a freshman). Without him Kountze probably isn’t in the top 4. 

How bout offensive mvp?

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to 22-3A All District
3 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Don’t use preseason predictions. If coaches are horrible at anything, it is predicting those.  I mean sometimes ridiculously wrong.  I heard that too many times last year with Lumberton picked 4th or whatever with a D1 player.  Only an imbecile would have picked them that low.  

Whitmire did the best coaching job this year in that district, period and end of story.  To argue otherwise?   Well, would make you fit right in with those preseason district predictions.  

5 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Don’t use preseason predictions. If coaches are horrible at anything, it is predicting those.  I mean sometimes ridiculously wrong.  I heard that too many times last year with Lumberton picked 4th or whatever with a D1 player.  Only an imbecile would have picked them that low.  

Whitmire did the best coaching job this year in that district, period and end of story.  To argue otherwise?   Well, would make you fit right in with those preseason district predictions.  

When is the last time Buna missed the playoffs? Just curious. Kountze has missed it 2 of the last 3 seasons. You have already stated before that you think Whitmire never gets the credit for what he does in Buna. I’m not gonna say your wrong but I can’t agree with you that he deserves coach of the year over Joubert this year. 

I think it should have been Joubert or Whitmire.  Ask either Coach they would have voted for the other.  
   But alas unless they did Co-coaches of the year. It comes down to votes.   Doesn’t take away what either accomplished.  
     Buna did great., should have finished alone in first.  And made a good run for playoffs.   Kountze looked better then expected this season but had some really down games.  Woodville was exciting to watch.  EC was as good as usual, just seems the other teams are getting better then they have been lately.  Anahuac is huge and athletic 
       Looking forward to the future of this district.  

12 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

When is the last time Buna missed the playoffs? Just curious. Kountze has missed it 2 of the last 3 seasons. You have already stated before that you think Whitmire never gets the credit for what he does in Buna. I’m not gonna say your wrong but I can’t agree with you that he deserves coach of the year over Joubert this year. 

Buna had a better overall season and based on the all district superlatives, Joubert had better players. But no reason to bring logic and reason into arguments on this board 😉.

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

Buna had a better overall season and based on the all district superlatives, Joubert had better players. But no reason to bring logic and reason into arguments on this board 😉.

Yes lol…. Poor Buna they just don’t ever have talent or athletes. 

14 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Yes lol…. Poor Buna they just don’t ever have talent or athletes. 

oh so when you agreed with Kountze having the MVP and the offensive MVP, you were just teasing?   Merely pointing out that you can’t use the “oh my, poor Kountze was only picked for 4th because they didn’t have as much talent” argument AND say they arguably had the 2 best players in the district.   Capeche?

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

oh so when you agreed with Kountze having the MVP and the offensive MVP, you were just teasing?   Merely pointing out that you can’t use the “oh my, poor Kountze was only picked for 4th because they didn’t have as much talent” argument AND say they arguably had the 2 best players in the district.   Capeche?

I know it’s voted on by coaches but I do find the  offensive mvp pick puzzling. JMO

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

No they weren’t picked in the top 4 at all 😉

The offensive MVP had over 100 3’s.  While a few games he was 0.   I was at every game except maybe 2-3.   Every team either doubled him,  yelled shooter or 3, when he touched the ball.  One team ran a box and one for awhile.   
  And the district coaches voted on it.