Silsbee vs Connally

This game is a toss up, I say Silsbee by 4.  

Connally plays good defense.  Good shot blockers.  Their only early season losses were to St. Michael's which is like Faith Family and to a fair 5A team.  They beat Orangefield by the same kind of margin Silsbee did albeit with a lower final score.   With the Tigers in a shooting slump, new venue and Connally able to alter shots the Tigers are going to have to work hard for points.  This one could even stay in the  60's.

By the way, Silsbee beat a 5A that's still playing, Lufkin.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Friday, 7:30pm

The first game is at 5:30

Here's ticket info from SISD

ALL tickets to Friday night's game against Waco-Connally will be sold AT THE DOOR. They are $10 for adults and $5 for students.

No passes of any kind will be accepted.

The capacity at the Multipurpose Center at Lufkin High School is 3,250.

They don't say when tickets will go on sale. 

I don't expect a super lot of people from Waco or from Austin but plenty from Silsbee and Houston.  This is brand new for Washington and It will be an exciting time for them.  For us it's kind of like Forrest Gump.  "...and we went to the Regional tournament, again." 

It'll be pretty full but it should be able to handle the Friday crowd.

45 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Aggie and TXHoops whats your predictions. I think Connally is much better than their #12 ranking for sure.

Connally played in the Franklin Invitational tournament earlier in the seasonand won it... 16 teams played in that tournament and 8 are still playing basketball.

27 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Connally played in the Franklin Invitational tournament earlier in the seasonand won it... 16 teams played in that tournament and 8 are still playing basketball.

Silsbee played in the YMBL and DISD Tourney and most of those teams are still playing. 

Connally is good, and they've played a good, solid schedule.  Silsbee should win, but they're going to need to step it up from what they've done so far in the playoffs.  if the Tigers team that struggled to put Furr away, and that could've easily lost to Yates, is the one that shows up, Connally has more than enough to send them home.  

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee played in the YMBL and DISD Tourney and most of those teams are still playing. 

I believe Silsbee is favored to win this game by 10 or so but you never know which team will show up with a bunch of high school kids playing. If Silsbee has a bad game Connally has enough to send them home... Silsbee 71 Connally 64

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

If the Silsbee team that blew out Westbrook and pulled away for a comfy win against Lufkin shows up, Connally is in trouble. If the Tiger team that played in Dallas shows up, Silsbee might be in trouble.

I'll go with Silsbee by 10. Hopefully.

I kind of felt like Silsbee is the epitome of a "well disciplined" team. I could not tell you exactly who is the dominant player (at least from the games I watched) but they are very good all the way through the roster with very little drop off regardless of who is on the court. Also, they weather other team's runs without panic or becoming "rattled".   

15 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

I kind of felt like Silsbee is the epitome of a "well disciplined" team. I could not tell you exactly who is the dominant player (at least from the games I watched) but they are very good all the way through the roster with very little drop off regardless of who is on the court. Also, they weather other team's runs without panic or becoming "rattled".   

This is an accurate take on this Silsbee team. Their best quality is their toughness. This sentiment has been echoed by several coaches I have spoken to this season.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This is an accurate take on this Silsbee team. Their best quality is their toughness. This sentiment has been echoed by several coaches I have spoken to this season.

Definitely have not played very well overall in the playoffs but that drive and determination to win has carried them.

3 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Definitely have not played very well overall in the playoffs but that drive and determination to win has carried them.

It's very unlikely that the Tigers are going to play worse than they have the last two games.  With that baseline assumed I think drive and determination will continue to carry them.  Because their kind of drive and determination is not a variable.  It's always there.

And since the matchups aren't unreasonable I believe they'll win both games.

And let's not forget that Silsbee is, after all, the favorite.  Both the coaches poll and the Maxpreps robots rank the Tigers above any of the other three.  The robots have actually raised us a couple of places because of playoff performance.  I think they're right.

Yates fell in luv with the 3 ball in the 2nd half. #25 was cleanging 3 attempts off the back boards creating long rebounds that Silsbee scooped up and ran with. He has guard skills but his size should of been down in the block.  But I am glad that was not the case.  Also they were desperate toward the end and roughed up Miller and Bottley.  I hope those two are alright.