Beaumont United 79 Goose Creek Memorial 78/FINAL

45 minutes ago, PrairieMan said:

Not the whole story though. If GCM doesn’t have 20+ bad turnovers things could have been different the other way. They probably had 12 or so in the first quarter alone. Threw it out of bounds or to BU or lost the dribble. They were very sloppy with the basketball at times. Who knows what they could be if they had a real ball handler. #4 was forced to control the basketball a lot because their guards struggled with pressure defense on them. 

That’s what I’m saying it was alot of “ifs” If BU hit shots it’s not close but like you said the same could probably be said if GCM doesn’t have all those turnovers 

All of those kids live in the North End.. so you will never know. Dotson, Payia, Porchia, and Yates all stay within 3 mins of each other give or take a few. Dotson went to Odom but was zoned to Smith, Porchia went to South Park, Payia went to King and Terrance would have went to Central. Just my thoughts

8 minutes ago, desethion said:

All of those kids live in the North End.. so you will never know. Dotson, Payia, Porchia, and Yates all stay within 3 mins of each other give or take a few. Dotson went to Odom but was zoned to Smith, Porchia went to South Park, Payia went to King and Terrance would have went to Central. Just my thoughts

and they all should have moved to Silsbee. ;)

One of  the best games I attended ever. #4 Bradford played a great game. #3 Yates for BU kept making play after play. Arceneaux didn't have one of his best games but came up huge and made some deadly baskets. I gotta give BU credit for winning but GCM had chances to win this game a few times. Couldn't have asked for much more from these teenagers on either squad.

My only question is, How did GCM lose some of those games, like Texas City, Episcopal, or Friendswood??  Were starters out, did the team start to peak at the end, or was it just one of those games like BU had with Cy-Ranch??

But like say I knew GCM would be tough, United throughout all its years has always struggled in the 3rd round, but i'd be lien to say I seen this coming...

38 minutes ago, D3zii said:

My only question is, How did GCM lose some of those games, like Texas City, Episcopal, or Friendswood??  Were starters out, did the team start to peak at the end, or was it just one of those games like BU had with Cy-Ranch??

But like say I knew GCM would be tough, United throughout all its years has always struggled in the 3rd round, but i'd be lien to say I seen this coming...

I think it’s matchups.  Also only bad loss GCM had was friendswood and Texas city… early on looked like the cy ranch game was a bad loss for BU but cy ranch is in the regional tournament in 6A… 

On 3/2/2022 at 9:24 AM, exsoftballplayer said:

I watched the ending of this bizarre game.....BOTH teams had an opportunity to put it away.....both made mistakes and all I can say is BU got extremely lucky in the 3rd OT......Congrats to BU, great game GCM....both played their hearts out.  

That was a lucky shot by Arceneaux(not discrediting his performance because he made some big time plays at the right time).  He threw it up without a clean look at the basket. The ball could have easily been a miss. Congrats to BU... GCM had several chances to put that game away. Bradford , Woodson, Yates and Arceneaux are going to be some really good assets to some colleges real soon. 

4 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Sounds like GCM missed some opportunities to close this one out. Its going to be a long time before any school in Baytown has two players like Bradford and Woodson again. Those size kids just are not here. 

Best of luck to United from here on out. Make SETX proud.

Truth be told along with Bradford and Woodson would have been PJ Haggerty.  Not to mention Avant Colman. They all would be seniors this year. Who know what they would have produced together. 

13 hours ago, Cougar239 said:

That was a lucky shot by Arceneaux(not discrediting his performance because he made some big time plays at the right time).  He threw it up without a clean look at the basket. The ball could have easily been a miss. Congrats to BU... GCM had several chances to put that game away. Bradford , Woodson, Yates and Arceneaux are going to be some really good assets to some colleges real soon. 

I don’t know how many BU games that you’ve seen, but Arceneaux has taken and made that same kind of shot quite a few times while at BU.  He knew what he was doing.  He took the ball from his own teammate and then went right back up with it.  Nothing lucky about that shot.

Just like that Bradford kid was making plays for GCM, Arceneaux did as well, just so happened his was at the end of the game.

6 hours ago, Cougar239 said:

Truth be told along with Bradford and Woodson would have been PJ Haggerty.  Not to mention Avant Colman. They all would be seniors this year. Who know what they would have produced together. 

PJ is from Baytown?? Wow didn't know this, but man what a team that would have been. Imo all GCM is really missing was true Guard, and PJ would have gave them that. 

6 hours ago, Cougar239 said:

Yea I Wouldn't call that luck at all, he's known for making big time baskets, just go back and watch the state game from last year against Kimball, they should have won it to, if you ask their fans. At the end of the day GCM didn't make the plays and United did. Still and all can't take anything away from either team, they played their hearts out and left it on the court.