Silsbee 78 Houston Yates 71/FINAL

If you think about it Silsbee is missing 3 key players from last year's team. Gilder, Baltrip, and Jones. One of those couldn't be helped and the other two graduated.

It's been my opinion the Tigers are still a year away for a while now. Afraid I might be proven right eventually.

Glad we managed to sweat this one out. Think we're 4 - 3 all time against Yates now.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

8 consecutive regional tournaments and 14th of last 18 seasons.

No other local team is close to this level of success during this time period.

Silsbee has been the class of 4A basketball in Texas for over a decade.  Yates is probably next.  Argyle has been really good as well. Dallas has had some really good teams obviously, but none have been as consistently dominant.  Silsbee is the cream of the crop imo.  

Silsbee will more than likely play Connally and they are always tough. They gave Silsbee a tough game in 2018 and Yates a tough game the year before. Ill take Silsbee by 12-15. If Silsbee plays Washington it will be a pick em. They have the advantage in the front court but I think Silsbee has the same advantage in the backcourt. I believe we shoot better this weekend and advance to San Antonio. This Tiger squad has more so much heart its scary. Washington could run into depth issues only going 6 deep, but it didn't affect them in district it seems.

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

That 36 was earlier in the season. 

First half of district at home vs second half of district at Yates, correct. BTW is decidedly better than Yates.  Silsbee can beat them, but I believe it will take a better performance than tonight.  

Just now, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee will more than likely play Connally and they are always tough. They gave Silsbee a tough game in 2018 and Yates a tough game the year before. Ill take Silsbee by 12-15. If Silsbee plays Washington it will be a pick em. They have the advantage in the front court but I think Silsbee has the same advantage in the backcourt. I believe we shoot better this weekend and advance to San Antonio. This Tiger squad has more so much heart its scary. Washington could run into depth issues only going 6 deep, but it didn't affect them in district it seems.

They will need to press to just keep the ball in front of them, to just slow the ball down.  Against Yates’ press, they looked like they were having a slam dunk contest on the backend of that thing.  At the same time, half court set seems to favor BTW as well.  Silsbee wins by attrition if they pull it off.  Booker T’s studs are as skilled as Silsbee’s, they are just half a foot taller. 

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

First half of district at home vs second half of district at Yates, correct. BTW is decidedly better than Yates.  Silsbee can beat them, but I believe it will take a better performance than tonight.  

I would agree with that. Id take Silsbee by 4. 

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

They will need to press to just keep the ball in front of them, to just slow the ball down.  Against Yates’ press, they looked like they were having a slam dunk contest on the backend of that thing.  At the same time, half court set seems to favor BTW as well.  Silsbee wins by attrition if they pull it off.  Booker T’s studs are as skilled as Silsbee’s, they are just half a foot taller. 

Yeah that 6'7 combo is tough but they can be beat. Get em in foul trouble. 

Now as far as Yates and their not being ranked.  They had 4 district losse and struggled early.  They are a young team. Definitely did some growing up.  And little Murphy is going to be major problems for a while.  I didn’t think he was going to miss all night.  And when he shot there was no doubt.  Heck most of them barely even hit the rim.  They just popped that net.  Bottley did a hell of a job on him!

5 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Now as far as Yates and their not being ranked.  They had 4 district losse and struggled early.  They are a young team. Definitely did some growing up.  And little Murphy is going to be major problems for a while.  I didn’t think he was going to miss all night.  And when he shot there was no doubt.  Heck most of them barely even hit the rim.  They just popped that net.  Bottley did a hell of a job on him!

Kind of reminds me of Silsbee last season. 

15 minutes ago, ST413 said:

The Tigers havent played a good game yet in the playoffs.  Haven’t shot well.  The best has to come out this weekend!

Yep overdue for a game where they shoot the lights out.  Hopefully have a few of those in the tank.