Beaumont united is open!!! / Darrell Colbert Sr. New HC

lcm93

12 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

They just ran off their best coach in history

I agree with you 110%....My statement was in reference to the process in acquiring his replacement.

LoL the powers that be @ Bisd would turn down/eliminate B.F. solely because he'd be the long time

needed solution at that facility/BU....Solution not wanted just a flash in the pan quick fix.

Who's fooling who ?.......One side of town Hoops other side of town football. With the current Admin

it will remain that way. The Plan...jmo

• BMTSoulja1 changed the title to Beaumont united is open!!! / Darrell Colbert Sr. New HC
On 3/24/2022 at 4:50 AM, Reagan said:

Apparently you don’t know PNG history!  You might want to ask around about that “best coach in history” statement!

oh...... you are referring to rings . That dude wouldn't have won a ring if he had been there this century, demographics in the country have changed a lot since then. You wont see a title over there in your lifetime, probably wont ever happen again

33 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I'm curious.... I saw all of the hoop-lah from Jasper fans when they got their guy hired... local guy, community ties, etc...

I can't help but notice a complete lack of enthusiasm from the B-Unit over this one.  What gives?

I can’t speak for anyone else, but here’s my thoughts…

there were better applicants imo.  They went with this guy.  I don’t know much about him except….  His record was horrible at his last HC job at Westbury.  I know he’s a Beaumont guy.  And I know he didn’t have much talent at Westbury, but apparently, the AD thinks that he can utilize Beaumont’s talents.  This is like deja vu.  I’ve typed this same paragraph before…. Right after Graham got hired.  Pretty much mirrors that same situation.  

I just hope the circumstances are different.  Maybe this guy can go get who he wants and not use the tired recycled coaches.  

overall, I’m completely on the fence and will take the wait and see approach…

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I can’t speak for anyone else, but here’s my thoughts…

there were better applicants imo.  They went with this guy.  I don’t know much about him except….  His record was horrible at his last HC job at Westbury.  I know he’s a Beaumont guy.  And I know he didn’t have much talent at Westbury, but apparently, the AD thinks that he can utilize Beaumont’s talents.  This is like deja vu.  I’ve typed this same paragraph before…. Right after Graham got hired.  Pretty much mirrors that same situation.  

I just hope the circumstances are different.  Maybe this guy can go get who he wants and not use the tired recycled coaches.  

overall, I’m completely on the fence and will take the wait and see approach…

Just out of curiosity,  who were the better candidates? From my understanding, it was only a handful of guys interviewed and Colbert Sr was the second finalist. Franks had a change of heart and turn the job down. I don't know if dude is a good coach or not, but I know he's better than the previous coach. He didn't lose thirty games in a row. Hopefully Colbert Sr will get a staff that will work with him and not against him like the saboteurs that's been coaching there for all these years.

3 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

oh...... you are referring to rings . That dude wouldn't have won a ring if he had been there this century, demographics in the country have changed a lot since then. You wont see a title over there in your lifetime, probably wont ever happen again

Before i opine any further, explain something to this forum:  When exactly did football change?

4 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Just because this last PNG coach couldn't win a Title, why blame the kids?  This last guy had one of the best QB's in PNG history, and probably the state, and couldn't do anything with it.  Just saying!