Silsbee vs Houston Furr Area Round

BADSANTA

Furr's first game against Washington they lost 63-56 at home.  They lost the second game 74-55.  Their only other district loss was to Yates 87-79.  Furr won it's other game against Yates 77-73.

Respectable record.  Good showings against the No. 3.  The most that's been scored against them was that 87 by Yates.  I guess that one got away from them.  But they look like a pretty good defensive team.  

Play the game but this is just going through the motions.  FFA got a post player who is 6'10" 225.  During the season I guess, he grew to 6'11" 255.  He was eating something in the video, literally. He is class of '24 so he is a sophomore.  In one video they gave him the ball in the post and he just pushed his way in and slammed.  The guy guarding him couldn't do nothing about it.  They have 4 or 5 more guys who are tall and athletic in their own way.

1 minute ago, Kountzer said:

Play the game but this is just going through the motions.  FFA got a post player who is 6'10" 225.  During the season I guess, he grew to 6'11" 255.  He was eating something in the video, literally. He is class of '24 so he is a sophomore.  In one video they gave him the ball in the post and he just pushed his way in and slammed.  The guy guarding him couldn't do nothing about it.  They have 4 or 5 more guys who are tall and athletic in their own way.

Yea, FF had a really good recruiting year.  But you never know if they'll hang around.  A guy like that may find his way into one of the prep schools next year.  Tonight I watched part of their game against Region 2 District 9 fourth place Aubrey.  Ended up 84 - 51.  At one point in the third Aubrey actually got it down to 14.  FF didn't look like terrible monsters.  Looks like Van Alstyn and Carter will give them a run, maybe.

8 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Yea, FF had a really good recruiting year.  But you never know if they'll hang around.  A guy like that may find his way into one of the prep schools next year.  Tonight I watched part of their game against Region 2 District 9 fourth place Aubrey.  Ended up 84 - 51.  At one point in the third Aubrey actually got it down to 14.  FF didn't look like terrible monsters.  Looks like Van Alstyn and Carter will give them a run, maybe.

My bad. His name is Doryn Onwucheka and his plays for Farth Familyy Waxahachie.

5 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

That part yep!! Need to shoot at least 38-40% every night from 3. When Silsbee hits 10 plus 3s there hard to beat.

El Campo was winning this game all night by 20 to 30 points. And was up like 61 to 41 goin in the 4th and Furr come back to win by 2 . El Campo had the game won and let it slip away. Furr has won alot of the game by 2-3 points 

9 minutes ago, Who That said:

El Campo was winning this game all night by 20 to 30 points. And was up like 61 to 41 goin in the 4th and Furr come back to win by 2 . El Campo had the game won and let it slip away. Furr has won alot of the game by 2-3 points 

Pretty sure you are mistaken.

Final score was 45-43. El Campo never had a 20 point lead at any time.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The Furr - El Campo highlight reel is up on Furr's MaxPreps page.  Based on that evidence, which admittedly has lots of holes, it was nip and tuck all the way.  Nobody had much more than a 4 point lead the whole game.  Furr shot abysmally.  23% FG, 33% FT and only 7% 3PT.   El Campo did little better except for free throws where they shot 73%.  A lot of it was good defense.  Lot of blocked shots.  From the highlights it looks like they were evenly matched.  You see El Campo's mistakes on the Furr reel but Furr's mistakes which were probably about as numerous.  These Maxpreps clips are broad brush stroke images that are more propaganda than documentary.  But you do get to see the score progress through the game depending on how well they're spaced out. 

Furr plays pretty good defense.  We'll have a better chance of scoring 100 against Yates or WOS than Furr.  Depending on the breaks we won't get out of the 80's.  But I don't see how Furr can even get out of even the 70's against the Tiger's swarming defense.  I bet the margin is less than 20.  It'll be more competitive this time unless the Tigers break out and put on a show, which can always happen.  Like one of those patented 35 point quarters.

13 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You our absolutely right Mike I" seen when they posted the video on furr page on Maxpreps. It was them playing and El Campo was blowing them out but furr did come all the way back in the 4th to win by two.. I get on and see this and go back to Furr page and now it's a completely different video and in a different gym.The Hudl guy must have put up the wrong video at first. Sorry for the mistake. But did they play each other earlier this year.? Because I'm for sure you can find the game I'm talking about it's in the gym with the star in the middle I have seen alot of games played there just don't remember the name of the gym.🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Who That said:

You our absolutely right Mike I" seen when they posted the video on furr page on Maxpreps. It was them playing and El Campo was blowing them out but furr did come all the way back in the 4th to win by two.. I get on and see this and go back to Furr page and now it's a completely different video and in a different gym.The Hudl guy must have put up the wrong video at first. Sorry for the mistake. But did they play each other earlier this year.? Because I'm for sure you can find the game I'm talking about it's in the gym with the star in the middle I have seen alot of games played there just don't remember the name of the gym.🤷🏻‍♂️

This was the first time these two played this season. This playoff game was played at Stafford HS. No star at mid court.

Not sure what game you were watching.

On 2/23/2022 at 1:21 AM, JimThorpe said:

Furr's first game against Washington they lost 63-56 at home.  They lost the second game 74-55.  Their only other district loss was to Yates 87-79.  Furr won it's other game against Yates 77-73.

Respectable record.  Good showings against the No. 3.  The most that's been scored against them was that 87 by Yates.  I guess that one got away from them.  But they look like a pretty good defensive team.  

Furr's defense is a lot like Silsbee's.  Probably no coincidence.  Silsbee put up a 40 piece win on Furr during the championship years.   Question: how deep is Furr's bench?

1 minute ago, JimThorpe said:

I wish it could be Barbers Hill instead of Channelview.  What's so magical about Channelview?  We would still have to drive further but we wouldn't have to worry about plant traffic.

May not have been available at the time or one of the coaches may not wanted to play there for a multiple of reasons. The Channelview site was agreed upon by Silsbee, Furr and El Campo.