Coaching Carousel

Bobcat1

13 hours ago, Wildcatter said:

I am hearing that Orangefield will be per player discussion and her announcement before LCM game. Great opportunity for a coach. Just lost one of the best senior class arguably of all time but a great place to be. 

I hope you mean they’re "the best" at being good kids because they are not even close to the best at basketball.  This years team couldn’t hold a candle to any of the teams from 2004-2010. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 9:48 PM, Wildcatter said:

I wonder why there hasn’t been an announcement yet. The only place that I have seen anything about it at all has been here. Did hear they passed on a really good young Coach who has been at Texas Tech and a college in Missouri that grew up in Orangefield.

It hasn't been voted on - I was told it would be done today. 

Perhaps they didn't want to pass up on a proven coach at the high school level. Just because you have been in the college ranks doesn't mean anything. In college you get to recruit your players...you have what you have in high school. I'm not saying the individual you are speaking of (I have no idea who the person is) would or would not be successful at the high school level. But, they had the opportunity to hire someone that is a proven coach at the high school level and that's what they plan on doing. It will be interesting to see who lands at Buna.

• 1 month later...