PNG Hire

Stattrax

28 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Umm, go look up the history. 

This is the hidden content, please
and also  

no need to (though that is a regular source). you can go right here on this site to teams history and he has their classification for each season to season on the teams page.

AND for sure don't need to look at anything to know your wrong about Jasper being 4A til 2004.

Dude the best 3 year stretch in program history for Jasper and you acting like I don't know what class we played in.

I just imagined that Jasper played Gilmer in 2004 3ADII title game in Nacogdoches. final score 49 -47 Gilmer won. the two losses to Jordan Shipley's Burnet teams in 3A semis of 2002 & 2003 were imagined in my mind also.

anywho...

1 hour ago, Bigdog said:

Umm, go look up the history. 

and also  

I am glad you are familiar with texashighschoolhistory and confidence in it.

that said, (I am using the following example because it's as close to a side by side comparison)

go to the site, click on individual stats 21-1979.  go to 1971, and you will the #4 rusher in 4A was Jeff Bergeron of PNG  with 1550 yards. then when you look at the 3A top rushers, M.T. Hicks of Jasper close to the bottom of list with 1028 yards.

26 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I am glad you are familiar with texashighschoolhistory and confidence in it.

that said, (I am using the following example because it's as close to a side by side comparison)

go to the site, click on individual stats 21-1979.  go to 1971, and you will the #4 rusher in 4A was Jeff Bergeron of PNG  with 1550 yards. then when you look at the 3A top rushers, M.T. Hicks of Jasper close to the bottom of list with 1028 yards.

I will make a correction, Jasper was in 4a until 2001.  Jasper staying in 4a from 1980-2001.

19 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Tried finding some info out about the team, but all of PNG’s social media accounts are down.  What’s their new mascot gonna be after the Disney performance by the band? 

I'd go with something cat related since Ned has my other idea. 

2 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Tried finding some info out about the team, but all of PNG’s social media accounts are down.  What’s their new mascot gonna be after the Disney performance by the band? 

My understanding is that the social media sites have been temporarily taken offline because of the vitriolic attacks from people hiding behind a keyboard are absolutely deplorable.  If I were a betting men, PNG will be the NDNs for the foreseeable future. 

KFDM keeps running this story because PNG gets clicks--doesn't matter the topic--but this story will get even more. Clicks equal dollars.  So why not drive a wedge into something for the almighty dollar?  To heck with the personal attacks that students have, and continue, to receive.  

1 hour ago, NDNTime said:

My understanding is that the social media sites have been temporarily taken offline because of the vitriolic attacks from people hiding behind a keyboard are absolutely deplorable.  If I were a betting men, PNG will be the NDNs for the foreseeable future. 

KFDM keeps running this story because PNG gets clicks--doesn't matter the topic--but this story will get even more. Clicks equal dollars.  So why not drive a wedge into something for the almighty dollar?  To heck with the personal attacks that students have, and continue, to receive.  

PN-G has already told these folks to pound sand once and will do so again 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 7:49 PM, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

The name change is inevitable in this P.C. age. The Redskins (will always be Redskins to me) have waaaaaaay more money than a small town in Texas and they couldn't stop it.

PNG should change their mascot to the “Port Neches Groves Washington Redskins.” 

On 3/23/2022 at 7:49 PM, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

The name change is inevitable in this P.C. age. The Redskins (will always be Redskins to me) have waaaaaaay more money than a small town in Texas and they couldn't stop it.

I believe that we’ll see the UIL forbid teams with “offensive” mascots from play within the next two years. 

1 hour ago, outanup said:

Unfortunately it’s the world we all live in…. At some point the UIL will step in. Change  is coming.

I have said it before, and I will say it again.

We are the Port Neches Groves Indians!!!

If through some lawful means PNG is required to drop this name, the we should be simply:

Port Neches Groves High School!!!

There cannot be a new Honorable, Proud or Traditional Mascot whose only history is forced change.

Therefore, if we must change the Port Neches Groves Indians, then we are nothing, and should remain so.

PNG HAS A SPECIAL SPIRIT...PASS IT ON!!!