Hamshire-Fannett 57 Huffman-Hargrave 58/FINAL

1 hour ago, Jerry West said:

@whsalum can HJ hold off Livingston in Livingston is the question.  I didn't see the game they play Livingston at home but seems that could be a game that could allow Livingston to finish second if they win.  What do you think, can HJ beat them at their place?

It will be a good ballgame. Livingston has some kids that can get hot from behind the arc and make up for some ball handling deficiencies. The gym up there is nice but can give visitors fits if they aren’t used to shooting in it. If HJ wins this one it will be on the strength of their defense. 

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Yes.  The long stretch before the Rideaux hire.  HF was very formidable in the time frame you are talking about. 

They had a young coach a few years ago that had a set of young twins who made them formidable. He would have turned the program around if he’d stayed but I think he left after one season. His kids were probably 3 or 4 years old and loved to play after the games were over. They made several questionable hires after that. 

4 hours ago, Jerry West said:

@whsalum can HJ hold off Livingston in Livingston is the question.  I didn't see the game they play Livingston at home but seems that could be a game that could allow Livingston to finish second if they win.  What do you think, can HJ beat them at their place?

I believe they can. HJ has the advantage in the post and a good press.

On 2/9/2022 at 12:23 PM, Cardinal 1 said:

I believe they can. HJ has the advantage in the post and a good press.

Livingston’s weakness looks to be getting the ball up against the press. The depth in that gym is definitely on their side. It takes a little time for a visiting team to adjust especially if they shoot a lot of 3’s. Should be a good game.