Hamshire-Fannett 57 Huffman-Hargrave 58/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Hamshire-Fannett 57 Huffman-Hargrave 58/FINAL
16 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

What a draw-up to win the game for @HuffmanHoops!👀😲

58-57 Final. 

@Texan_Live | #txhshoops

This is the hidden content, please

Meh, more a case of horrible defense.  That play is as old as Methuselah.  

I do enjoy seeing how happy some on here get when HF takes a loss.  Pretty humorous how times have changed.  When my boys played, if mediocre teams didn’t 30 piece the Longhorns everyone was disappointed. 

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I do enjoy seeing how happy some on here get when HF takes a loss.  Pretty humorous how times have changed.  When my boys played, if mediocre teams didn’t 30 piece the Longhorns everyone was disappointed. 

2nd time in 3 years they have ran that same play for a game winner I believe. They may have did it last season, I could be mistaken. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

2nd time in 3 years they have ran that same play for a game winner I believe. They may have did it last season, I could be mistaken. 

Used to run that play in Little Dribblers all the time when my oldest was a little kid.  It works like a charm against 7 year olds.  And apparently sometimes on the high school level too.  

It was a good game. Both teams went at each other. The difference in the end was free throws as is the culprit in most close games. Huffman hit theirs in the closing minute we didn't. They had a chance under the basket to win it and did. Their big man gave HF fits all game, he played a great game. Nice footwork and a soft touch. Was a good game for any basketball fan

11 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I was told #3 for Hamshire-Fannett (player who has been criticized repeatedly here on this site by a certain member) was the reason the Longhorns were in the game in the 4th.

No he plays pretty well every game. You must have your numbers mixed up. #3 dropped 11pts in the first quarter, knocked down three 3s. He's HFs shooter and starts. The kid you probably talking about was taken out of the starting lineup and has played very well the last two games since coming off the bench. He hit two 3s in the 4th which stopped Huffman's momentum twice had some solid defensive plays during the game. Many times that's what it takes to get a players attention when they aren't following the program or sometimes simply changing their role to take some pressure off their shoulders helps. He played his best game of the season tonight at Huffman. Hopefully he keeps it going, they need him to play well for a playoff push.

Just now, Cardinal 1 said:

No he plays pretty well every game. You must have your numbers mixed up. #3 dropped 11pts in the first quarter, knocked down three 3s. He's HFs shooter and starts. The kid you probably talking about was taken out of the starting lineup and has played very well the last two games since coming off the bench. He hit two 3s in the 4th which stopped Huffman's momentum twice had some solid defensive plays during the game. Many times that's what it takes to get a players attention when the aren't following the program or sometimes simply changing their role to take some pressure off their shoulders helps. He played his best game tonight at Huffman. Hopefully he keeps it going, they need him to play well for a playoff push.

Not sure of number but I am speaking of Coleman.

41 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I don’t think anyone gets happy about HF taking a loss. I do wish some posters would acknowledge they aren’t as dominant as some predicted. The district is better when they are relevant. I gotta admit I thought they would lose 2 district games and be in a seeding game. I didn’t think they’d lose 4. 

16 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I don’t think anyone gets happy about HF taking a loss. I do wish some posters would acknowledge they aren’t as dominant as some predicted. The district is better when they are relevant. I gotta admit I thought they would lose 2 district games and be in a seeding game. I didn’t think they’d lose 4. 

I'll acknowledge that there are some unforeseen circumstances with the team that have arose that many didn't see coming, including the Coach. I know my assumptions was based on what they did last year and the players they had coming back. They have one of the most, if not the most, talented team in the district and have underachieved based on that talent. But they aren't having a bad season and the district isn't as soft as many thought including myself. 

26 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

I'll acknowledge that there are some unforeseen circumstances with the team that have arose that many didn't see coming, including the Coach. I know my assumptions was based on what they did last year and the players they had coming back. They have one of the most, if not the most, talented team in the district and have underachieved based on that talent. But they aren't having a bad season and the district isn't as soft as many thought including myself. 

I didn’t see them or Huffman losing 4 games. Livingston has been the dark horse for me. I didn’t see them in the hunt and they could finish 2nd

8 hours ago, TxHoops said:

You must be talking about the years between roughly 05 till before the move ins 

Mid to late 90s and early 2000s they weren’t getting 30 pieced.  They were winning most there games.

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

You must be talking about the years between roughly 05 till before the move ins 

Mid to late 90s and early 2000s they weren’t getting 30 pieced.  They were winning most there games.

Yes.  The long stretch before the Rideaux hire.  HF was very formidable in the time frame you are talking about.